IGNORED

Where and when was Starcom for Colecovision sold?

rpgcollector

Pixelboy and I talked about making a CV Control Pad, and trust me, this is going to cost alot to develop

Just for having a mold for the control pad will cost about 6K ... probably more

Have you checked into trying to raise funds through www.kickstarter.com?

Edited by jblenkle
  • Like 1

Pixelboy and I talked about making a CV Control Pad, and trust me, this is going to cost alot to develop

Just for having a mold for the control pad will cost about 6K ... probably more

Have you checked into trying to raise funds through www.kickstarter.com?

No...

I do know kickstarter though by beiing a developer for the Ouia console

Let's go, Rewind Masterminds Team !!

• Like 1

No worries ..... We needed to have some Coleco drama sometimes ..... Apparently, FEW people like this!

Colecovision homebrew scene, the drama scene! ........ Geez...

I warned you that you would get this kind of reaction from ColecoVision fans back at AdamCon 24! You did it anyway, now you gotta face the music. ;)

• Like 1

No worries ..... We needed to have some Coleco drama sometimes ..... Apparently, FEW people like this!

I warned you that you would get this kind of reaction from ColecoVision fans back at AdamCon 24! You did it anyway, now you gotta face the music. ;)

Yep, it was even caugh on "tape" :D

• Like 1

I really don't understand the reaction :? If you don't have the money for something then save up and get it. I didn't have the money for a long time to get Ghost n Zombie's and saved up because I wanted it so bad, and when it finally came up I got. Cost a lot but I got :-D.

I just think someone needs to live in the real world for a bit, because someone forgot to tell someone that life is not fair, or free :roll:

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

There is no buisness model, only doing this to funds an upcomming project........ A ColecoVision Control Pad, if you ask

Btw, I'm actually losing some money with the patches, right now....

Decks of cards is a coleco_master project .... I'm not involved in this project at all ... Other than I gave him the 30th logo...

I'm sure I'm not the only Coleco fan disappointed in a game released for pure collect ability sake. Free to do whatever you like. Just expressing my disappointment.

And no.. I am not and would never report the auction to eBay, not sure the pretense they would have used to stop it.

Wish there would have been another way to raise funds for your projects.

Sorry you're losing money on the patches.. but $30 is a lot for a fitted sports team hat these days.. my price point on a patch wouldn't be more than $5... Coleco, KISS, Rush, Detroit Tigers whatever..

Same with cards.. $30 is steep for a deck of cards.. and if you want to use them.. well I'm sure we've all seem cards after a couple poker games.

I applaud all the effort and enthusiasm for Coleco..

Wish I had the talent and ability.

I really don't understand the reaction :?

It's quite simple: CV fans aren't in this hobby to marvel at games they will never have a chance to play. 30 copies of a game means 30 owners, and 150+ more people who know about this game and will likely never be owners of said game. Complaints are normal in this situation.

EDIT: Correction, CV fans ARE in this hobby to marvel at games they will never have a chance to play, but only those that are regarded as vaporware titles from Coleco's promotional flyers. Then they can keep their fingers crossed that a homebrewer will actually program and release some of these games. Hey, it worked for Spectar, Side Trak, the upcoming Chess Challenger, and don't forget Eduardo's Wild Western April's fool joke! :P

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Like 1

I'm sure I'm not the only Coleco fan disappointed in a game released for pure collect ability sake.

I'm sure too, but there's plenty of games for this year! Opcode, Team Pixelboy etc...

It's not like it was the only game for this year

Wish there would have been another way to raise funds for your projects.

I wish too , but you have to understand that there's alot of money invloved and we are not a company, only a couples of guys helping each others

Sorry you're losing money on the patches.. but $30 is a lot for a fitted sports team hat these days..

Then ask Relik for a better deal! ;) :twisted:

Same with cards.. $30 is steep for a deck of cards.. and if you want to use them.. well I'm sure we've all seem cards after a couple poker games.

Yeah but only having 30 set printed cost alot more than having tons printed

I applaud all the effort and enthusiasm for Coleco..

Wish I had the talent and ability.

Thanks, I appreciate :)

It's quite simple: CV fans aren't in this hobby to marvel at games they will never have a chance to play. 30 copies of a game means 30 owners, and 150+ more people who know about this game and will likely never be owners of said game. Complaints are normal in this situation.

That would make about 180 copies ..... I never sold that much anyway , even a game like Mario Bros did not sell that much

I barely sell 75 copies in average

That was a limited project, not something to be mass produced

There is plenty of games this year .... I'm sure not everybody will be able to buy them all ....

• Like 1

That would make about 180 copies ..... I never sold that much anyway , even a game like Mario Bros did not sell that much

I barely sell 75 copies in average

Well, Opcode currently has around 200 pre-orders for the SGM, so I based my "150 people" claim on that figure.

That was a limited project, not something to be mass produced

There is plenty of games this year .... I'm sure not everybody will be able to buy them all ....

Bah, I'm certainly not complaining about the way you're handling Starcom. In fact, I'm the last guy on Earth who should complain, since I'll be doing mostly the same thing as you with my Super Action Soccer Collector Mini-Carts later this year. :P

I really don't understand the reaction :? If you don't have the money for something then save up and get it. I didn't have the money for a long time to get Ghost n Zombie's and saved up because I wanted it so bad, and when it finally came up I got. Cost a lot but I got :-D.

I just think someone needs to live in the real world for a bit, because someone forgot to tell someone that life is not fair, or free :roll:

Save up and get it??? You obviously aren't married with a wife who wishes you'd get rid of every video game you have...or been unemployed for an average of 9 1/2 months every year like I have been for the past three years.

Seriously...I managed to squirrel away enough money in my PayPal account from baseball pictures I sold this past summer to get the SGM and maybe two or three games...if my wife knew, I'd be toast....

Edited by jblenkle

Bah, I'm certainly not complaining about the way you're handling Starcom. In fact, I'm the last guy on Earth who should complain, since I'll be doing mostly the same thing as you with my Super Action Soccer Collector Mini-Carts later this year. :P

:lol: Yeah, but SA Soccer is already available though...

Yep, so my angle will be the extras, namely the red mini-cart, the manual and the overlay. By the way, in case anyone here is interested, the overlay template is practically done, just a few niggles to iron out. Aside from that, there's just one more missing piece to the puzzle, and then I'll be able to put those Collector Mini-Carts up on eBay. :)

Save up and get it??? You obviously aren't married with a wife who wishes you'd get rid of every video game you have...or been unemployed for an average of 9 1/2 months every year like I have been for the past three years.

Seriously...I managed to squirrel away enough money in my PayPal account from baseball pictures I sold this past summer to get the SGM and maybe two or three games...if my wife knew, I'd be toast....

Yes I have a wife (that hates my gaming habit :lol:) I also have kids to, so I have a lot of money going out at all times for non games.

If you can't save up then it just means its not that big of a deal for you to have that game, so why complain about it? I really wanted Sammy Lightfoot earlier this year but I didn't have the extra funds and couldn't come up with $500+ just like that so now I'm waiting and putting money aside so if it does pop up again hopefully I will be able to get. Complaining about prices is just a wast of time, because as time goes on the prices just go up (as they rarely down).

Edited by RelliK111