IGNORED

What if ... ;)

emkay

yeah, but only 32x game which was worth imho was the 3d racer and this could have been done in the cart...

Well, i'd have said Space Harrier was worth having as well because that's why i got a 32X in the first place!

Virtua Racing was done as a Megadrive cartridge which contained the Sega Virtua Processor, it was impressive but nowhere near as good as Virtua Racing Deluxe on the 32X to play and the SVP alone meant that the cartridge retailed at nearly twice the cost of a standard Megadrive game. Imagine what it would've cost with all the parts of a 32X required for VR Deluxe in there too!

[shrugs] Nothing to do with me guv, i'm just translating. But people'll always offer alternative solutions that step outside the boundaries of a specific topic like that, yourself included on occasion. =-)

That isn't really the other hand though, Dragon's Lair with 128 colour 160x240 graphics still won't play very well as a game because it didn't to start with. If it has to be an FMV game there must be more enjoyable examples out there to work from... i just can't think of any right now!

Yes indeed, my entire point was Dragon's Lair could have been done arcade perfect on any machine if someone bothered to build the simple control interface to attach a suitable Laserdisc player to the computer. This was done for MSX, Atari ST, Amiga and PC back in the 80s. Why re-invent the wheel and an oval wheel at that given they're trying to fit a quart in a pint pot :lol:

A genlock would only be required to overlay graphics, you could probably get by without it seeing as there was a version that used the arcade laserdisc on PC and ST (Michtron? Microdeal? can't remember who sold it)