IGNORED

Medium Bob's Red Sea Crossing Auction on Ebay.

MediumBob

The collector spitting out more than 30K for a T-shaped piece of blue plastic and a cardboard box can be just as greedy as the seller who sets the reserve bar at 30K for that same piece of plastic and cardboard box.

Two sides of the same coin.

8)

You should be banned for such an outrageous claim. You should really stick to begging for scans and binaries, and leave real collectors to do their thing, like build a museum for instance. :thumbsdown:

rolleyes1024.gif

• Like 2

The collector spitting out more than 30K for a T-shaped piece of blue plastic and a cardboard box can be just as greedy as the seller who sets the reserve bar at 30K for that same piece of plastic and cardboard box.

8)

I'm confused how can the person spending the $$ be considered Greedy?

• Like 1

8)

Taking a wild guess here, in all seriousness (I have no idea what he really meant):

Maybe it comes from the implied "I want it so no one else can have it!" mentality>

That's as close to sensical as I can come up with having read this.

• Like 1

8)

Taking a wild guess here, in all seriousness (I have no idea what he really meant):

Maybe it comes from the implied "I want it so no one else can have it!" mentality>

That's as close to sensical as I can come up with having read this.

Don't worry Godzilla...I don't think anyone can figure out the logic behind that statement.

• Like 1

Well, my auction ends in about 3 hours and it's been a wild 5 year ride! I set my reserve a little lower than my highest private offer so I don't think I am being greedy, just putting a little insurance on it. My reserve is very close and I'll make a bet with anybody that the other cart's reserve is about $6323 away from being met!

What happens if you don't get any more then 8k for your auction though, nagn2? I'd still sell that sucker anyway. Don't be greedy on this. Regardless if the auction hits the reserve or not, SELL! Especily with that other copy having been found.

But yeah, the other copy on EBay not hitting the reserve yet....that's crazy.

I hope these folks tell us in the end what the reserve was and if the private offers they got were actually serious. :roll:

• Like 1

What happens if you don't get any more then 8k for your auction though, nagn2? I'd still sell that sucker anyway. Don't be greedy on this. Regardless if the auction hits the reserve or not, SELL! Especily with that other copy having been found.

I hope these folks tell us in the end what the reserve was and if the private offers they got were actually serious. :roll:

I can assure you my private offers were serious offers and from people on the list of respected members I was given when this all started.

I can assure you my private offers were serious offers and from people on the list of respected members I was given when this all started.

I actually don't think you want to sell it. I think you have enjoyed all of the attention it has brought you during these last five years. I think that it will be hard for you to let all of that go.

• Like 4

Has anyone considered that Travis hasn't had much experience with eBay(feedback of 21 with only 3 sales) and not much experience with Atari collecting? I think people are putting him in our shoes instead of themselves in his. He most likely believes it is possible that it could only sell for a few hundred bucks and that it would have been better for him to stick with his plan to sell it later. Like nagn2, he is most likely just putting the reserve at what has been offered and using it for insurance because he is ignorant of the fact that insurance is not needed. That is just playing it safe and being paranoid about an impossibility. Both of these carts could have easily went above the reserve prices if they started them at $.99 with no reserve. We just wouldn't see it now. We would see it in the last sniping minute. Nagn2's just sold his for $10,400. Wouldn't that mean that Travis's better cart is worth more than what the bid is currently at?

8)

greed

noun

excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions.

8)

Amazed at how you continue to tear into your fellow community to stick up for people that couldn't care less about us :thumbsdown:

• Like 3

8)

Amazed at how you continue to tear into your fellow community to stick up for people that couldn't care less about us :thumbsdown:

+1,000,000,000,000

I am just plain shocked as well.

@ROM: This guy nagn2 has just walked away with $10k for something that most of us here consider to be an important part of Atari history. The buyer feels the same way about this game, and luckily, had the means to pay "extortion" rates for it. This does not make the buyer greedy. It simply means that they care enough about the hobby to take a financial risk in order to preserve a piece of Atari history.

IMHO, a greedy buyer would have tried to side deal this cartridge for a song and then flip it themselves on eBay for $10k+. Greed is just not the case here...

• Like 3