IGNORED

Ever wanted a game so badly..

doomwaves

Ever wanted a game so badly, when you finally got it, you didn't play it?

This happens to me a lot actually.. I have added a bunch of games to my collection in the past few months... I have yet to finish ANY of them..

Namely Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES. I've wanted this game for years, haven't even put it in yet.

Doom 64. I'm a Doom Fanatic & i have been dying to play this version. Played it for 5 minutes...

Dragon Warrior for NES: Had this one for a several months now.. Just getting started with it..

Anyone else have this issue.. LOL

I'm sure there are other threads discussing this, so sorry if the is a repeat.. Just trying to make conversation..

I have some Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 games that are stilled sealed. Really wanted to play so I bought them new then didn't have the time. So they were shelved. I have really wanted to play Mario RPG for the Snes but a few minutes into the game and it gets shut off.

So for me I enjoy short games that show my score and I can move on.

It's a form of ADD (Not Advanced Dungeons & Dragons).

I have about 4 unopened games between the PS3 and the 360, know what i'm playing now?

Super Mario 64. :rolling:

LOL... Yea its like that for me too.. I love RPG's & Adventure games, but they're often such an undertaking, that I put off playing them for something quicker... For me its FPS games like Doom & Quake & Shmups like Defender or Raiden...

I wish i didn't have a job and could sit around & play RPGs all day.. In my parents house... Eating their food... F***ing jobs anyway.. Haha

Ever wanted a game so badly, when you finally got it, you didn't play it?

This happens to me a lot actually.. I have added a bunch of games to my collection in the past few months... I have yet to finish ANY of them..

Namely Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES. I've wanted this game for years, haven't even put it in yet.

Doom 64. I'm a Doom Fanatic & i have been dying to play this version. Played it for 5 minutes...

Dragon Warrior for NES: Had this one for a several months now.. Just getting started with it..

Anyone else have this issue.. LOL

I'm sure there are other threads discussing this, so sorry if the is a repeat.. Just trying to make conversation..

I am also guilty, but hey... when one collects this much stuff, it's obvious that between life/work/etc, that only so much of the collection is going to be properly experienced in a given period of time.

Me too... I started it (and Phantasy Star 3, first one in the PS series for me) on a weekend and put about 5 or 6 HRs into it (loved every minute), and haven't booted it up since that weekend... same with PS III, I put around 4 or 5 HRs into it. Most of these games that require a lot of 'grinding/exploration' tend to take me foreeeeever to finish because of the sheer scope and size of the gameworld combined with the fact that I'm generally not very good (extremely slow player) at beating video games.

Me too... I've had one session with it, less than a few HRs, beat the first couple levels (loved it all!!!, wicked addition to the family imo), but the controller wears my left thumb out in a hurry, the whole configuration sucks imo, so I haven't decided how I'm going to play Doom 64, Goldeneye, and other similarly played games... until I find the right controller (I have a superpad 64, have yet to try it out), I'm sol for those games on the N64s' controller.

Me too... I've had one session with it, less than a few HRs, beat the first couple levels (loved it all!!!, wicked addition to the family imo), but the controller wears my left thumb out in a hurry, the whole configuration sucks imo, so I haven't decided how I'm going to play Doom 64, Goldeneye, and other similarly played games... until I find the right controller (I have a superpad 64, have yet to try it out), I'm sol for those games on the N64s' controller.

Totally agree.. I can't stand the N64 controller in general.. I don't understand what Nintendo was thinking having 3 places to hold the thing & putting the joystick in the middle... Asinine if you ask me. I'd really like to get a Superpad myself & try it out. Im a big fan of the few FPS games I have for the system, but I am so used to a d-pad or at least 2 joysticks... I feel the same about the dreamcast controller... Its hard for me to play Quake 3 Arena... I have a custom config that I can get by with, but it is NOTHING like the default, & would improve greatly with a second joystick..

Totally agree.. I can't stand the N64 controller in general.. I don't understand what Nintendo was thinking having 3 places to hold the thing & putting the joystick in the middle... Asinine if you ask me. I'd really like to get a Superpad myself & try it out. Im a big fan of the few FPS games I have for the system, but I am so used to a d-pad or at least 2 joysticks... I feel the same about the dreamcast controller... Its hard for me to play Quake 3 Arena... I have a custom config that I can get by with, but it is NOTHING like the default, & would improve greatly with a second joystick..

agreed ten fold

The Superpad looks like it might be the only saving grace for the system (for me, controller wise that is)... please don't make the same mistake I did. I paid a guy $30+ for a used one (came not as described, and I never sent it back or gave that clown a -, he deserved to be hung for what he sent me for $30 but I digress :P )... I ended up biding my time, and found a brand new, cib one for less than $40 shipped. I still haven't used it yet, need to. Mine smells factory fresh, so you should definitely be able to find a factory fresh one for yourself for under $40 shipped... might be a hunt in the end though :twisted: :)

The N64 controller does suck. But it's still a fun system to rock on.

Speaking of poorly designed controllers, why did NEC decide to make the cord on the TurboGrafx-16 about two feet long? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Like everything NEC did, they did it for money... so they could sell the extension cord of course. :D

I should learn to mod a gamecube controller for the n64.. That controller I like... Sadly, ive got all of about 3 gamecube games.. LOL.. None of which I have played yet..

I think the GC controller is ok. The thing I don't understand is why Metroid Prime doesn't allow control of the camera with the right (yellow) analog stick... baffles me :? :mad:

I should learn to mod a gamecube controller for the n64.. That controller I like... Sadly, ive got all of about 3 gamecube games.. LOL.. None of which I have played yet..

I think the GC controller is ok. The thing I don't understand is why Metroid Prime doesn't allow control of the camera with the right (yellow) analog stick... baffles me :? :mad:

Oddly enough, that is one of the 3 I have that I have yet to play.. The other being it's sequel & the third being the Zelda Collectors disc.

There is only I few that I'd like to get for the system.

I bought primarily for the Gameboy player & Final Fantasy Chronicles (which I don't have yet)..

I have a lot of GB & GBA games I play regularly so it was worth it for me to invest in the gamecube..

Oddly enough, that is one of the 3 I have that I have yet to play.. The other being it's sequel & the third being the Zelda Collectors disc.

I bought primarily for the Gameboy player & Final Fantasy Chronicles (which I don't have yet)..

I have a lot of GB & GBA games I play regularly so it was worth it for me to invest in the gamecube..

I put a few HRs into it (M. Prime 1)... amaaaaaaazing experience. The Gameplay is very rewarding... lots of exploration and the shooting does not feel tacked on at all. I wish the camera was properly controllable, but past that.. the engine is 'beyond' impressive for the time. The Music is 'wow' and the sound fx are also 'wow'.

The exclusives for the GC seem to be pretty paultry overall in number, but make up for the small number with sheer quality and solid production values.

Wow... don't get me started :P :mad: :_( :-o

The Gameboy Player for the GC is amazing... except for one small thing. The GLARING retarded decision made by Nintendo to leave the Gameboy Player controls in the upper right hand corner of the screen. As if I can't remember 3-5 buttons, N. felt it necessary to force the controls to be on the screen 100% of the time while one is using the Gameboy Player.

I have not decided if I can enjoy it or not... I've tried to, but every time... the same thing happens... my eyes cannot help but become distracted for the absolute stupidity of those controls being forcefully plastered on the upper right hand corner of the screen. One of the DUMBEST GUI decisions I've ever seen... and I could literally fist fight whoever made that decision because it feels like I'm being Trolled by N. devs everytime I want to use the Gameboy Player on the GC.

**** I hate N. for doing that. Those dumb bastards.... argggg... rant rant :mad: :sleep:

:P :-D

I put a few HRs into it (M. Prime 1)... amaaaaaaazing experience. The Gameplay is very rewarding... lots of exploration and the shooting does not feel tacked on at all. I wish the camera was properly controllable, but past that.. the engine is 'beyond' impressive for the time. The Music is 'wow' and the sound fx are also 'wow'.

The exclusives for the GC seem to be pretty paultry overall in number, but make up for the small number with sheer quality and solid production values.

Wow... don't get me started :P :mad: :_( :-o

The Gameboy Player for the GC is amazing... except for one small thing. The GLARING retarded decision made by Nintendo to leave the Gameboy Player controls in the upper right hand corner of the screen. As if I can't remember 3-5 buttons, N. felt it necessary to force the controls to be on the screen 100% of the time while one is using the Gameboy Player.

I have not decided if I can enjoy it or not... I've tried to, but every time... the same thing happens... my eyes cannot help but become distracted for the absolute stupidity of those controls being forcefully plastered on the upper right hand corner of the screen. One of the DUMBEST GUI decisions I've ever seen... and I could literally fist fight whoever made that decision because it feels like I'm being Trolled by N. devs everytime I want to use the Gameboy Player on the GC.

**** I hate N. for doing that. Those dumb bastards.... argggg... rant rant :mad: :sleep:

:P :-D

LOL... Apparently I don't have the same problem.. Sorry it sucks for you tho man... Both my favorite Zelda game & Metroid game are on the GB, so its nice to be able to play them on the TV.. & My Super Gameboy is sort of finicky.. Sometimes it works, sometimes not..

Yeah, sucks to be me that's for sure... I don't understand why the Gaming Community didn't bark up a storm when N. released the Gameboy Player. If enough people would have balked at it, they would have fixed that stupidity and re-released it... but thanks to no one caring, I'm stuck with it.

As for the Super Gameboy... get a new one, they're so cheap, why keep a faulty piece of equipment? :?

Yeah, sucks to be me that's for sure... I don't understand why the Gaming Community didn't bark up a storm when N. released the Gameboy Player. If enough people would have balked at it, they would have fixed that stupidity and re-released it... but thanks to no one caring, I'm stuck with it.

As for the Super Gameboy... get a new one, they're so cheap, why keep a faulty piece of equipment? :?

Im not desperate for a new one, considering I dont mind the player... But id definitely not pas up a cheap one if I came across one.

I play the games I that I'm dying to get as soon as I get them. The problem I have is finishing them. Super Mario RPG is the perfect exmaple. I'll get well into that game, put it down for a few days and just forget about it. By the time I remember it I'll have to start over because I have no idea what is going on anymore.

I did pick up Portal 2 and have yet to break the seal on that game. I just keep getting drawn to something else.

I play the games I that I'm dying to get as soon as I get them. The problem I have is finishing them. Super Mario RPG is the perfect exmaple. I'll get well into that game, put it down for a few days and just forget about it. By the time I remember it I'll have to start over because I have no idea what is going on anymore.

I did pick up Portal 2 and have yet to break the seal on that game. I just keep getting drawn to something else.

Portal 2 is pretty great.. I really like the 2 player co-op...

Gots to have two people that want to play to make that happen. I have friends that game some, but not enough for me to count on someone to get through the game with me. Also, a higher than average number of the people I play with online are MLG and I just get sick of hearing about how great they are and how poorly I play. I can't help that I have a real job and don't get to play games all the time. Trust me, if I could get away with that I would.

Not really "sooo bad", but I do want games a lot, and I buy so frequently that I rarely get to playing any of them for any sort of extended period of time. Hopefully this recent "downsizing" of mine, along with bringing on greater financial respsonsibilities, will keep me from doing that. It will feel good to finally chip away at this massive backlog of mine.

I don't understand what is to hate about the N64 controller. I love it and have never has even the slightest issue with it...unless your talking about worn out thumbsticks. I got replacement 3rd party thumbsticks on Ebay and gaming is a joy. I don't mean to detail this topic, but a few breif comments about why you guys hate the controller blended in with your response to the topic would be greatly appreciated.

That's how I always play Majora's Mask. I forget to write down what all I've gotten, get bored/frustrated, put it down, then forget where I was. Gotta get all 54 pieces of heart!

I have tons of games I've never played--I'm certain of that. The one game that comes to mind with the OP's question is Final Fantasy 7. I was too busy playing Shining the Holy Ark when Sep 7th, 1997, arrived. A timely accident provided me with enough convalescence to finish up Shining the Holy Ark, and I got into FF7 that October.

LEt me recommend a couple of N64 controllers: The Arcade Shark (it's an arcade sized joystick) and the Ultra Racer 64 for the system's abundant racing games. I'm sure that many folks here can appreciate the feel of a paddle controller, and that's exactly what the Ultra Racer is.

Speaking of the N64, I was super excited to get Blitz SE, Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut (without any Blockbuster labels!), and StarCraft 64. I've yet to play any of them for more than 10 minutes. :/

Edited by shadow460

I don't understand what is to hate about the N64 controller. I love it and have never has even the slightest issue with it...unless your talking about worn out thumbsticks. I got replacement 3rd party thumbsticks on Ebay and gaming is a joy. I don't mean to detail this topic, but a few breif comments about why you guys hate the controller blended in with your response to the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Responded here.