IGNORED

WTB PS2 hdd utility disk

thebiggw

Hello all,

Long ago and far away I purchased a PS2 fat from a fellow AA'er, long story shorter...... I need the hdd utility disk in order to play some older online games mainly (FFXI) was wondering if anyone had the utility disk for sale as I don't really want to get a "mod" chip or any of that other stuff. Or even if someone has a utility disk I could use (I will pay shipping both ways) just to get it working.

Thanks!!

what about a formatted drive with what you need on it? I think I can hook that up for you. have you considered FreeMcBoot in conjunction with a network adaptor and hard drive? no mod chip or anything like that, plays games right from the hd, they have to be retail games, won't work with copies. PM me if you want to discuss it.

info: http://freemcboot.info/

Edited by Mark Wolfe

IIRC, FFXI formats the hard disk for you. There are several checks FFXI goes through as well when it loads. If I'm not mistaken, you have to be the person who originally registered it in order to be able to play it and registration was mandatory to play when it was purchased. It may be tied to a credit card also. FFXI requires the hard disk to be formatted in a particular fashion, so FmB will not make it work.

It's been a while since I messed with FFXI, though. I'd have to get it back out and see what exactly I ran into when I was trying to load it up that stopped me from playing.

• Like 1

I have tried the FFXI disc and the "play online" install disc that comes with it and I get a " pol-1562 dnas-404" error. So I went back into the "browser" of the PS2 and deleted everything that it would let me from the hard drive. (drive still shows 2GB being used) I restarted the process and still the same error.

Edited by thebiggw

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...