IGNORED

Coleco IDE card & CV/ADAM Technical Manuals

adamcon

The ADAM News Network announces the addition of NEW ide interface cards to the ADAM community. MicroFox Technologies has mastered a new design of an ide card which fits into slot 1 of the ADAM, just as the MI card did. This card can use an ide hard drive; a compact flash card; a Sparq drive; and a zip drive. ANN has produced a run of cards to make available to the ADAM community . Also available is a package containing a 60mb compact flash card preprogrammed with CV games, calc, basic & powerpaint; an ide cable; a power supply; a power adapter cable; and the boot ddp (or disk) to access the ide device. Goto http://ann.hollowdreams.com and follow the “ANN catalog” link to see what ANN has to offer the cummunity.

Also available are the ColecoVision Technical Manual; the Coleco ADAM Technical Manual; the Coleco Programmers Manual; and The Coleco ADAM computer schematics. Free for downloading. they are large compressed (7 zip) files and will take some time to download; but these are the clearest schematics we have seen. They came to us from a long time ADAMite who also donated some goodies awhile back, and we hope some more in the future. Goto http://ann.hollowdreams.com and follow the “ColecoVision Programming” link to see what ANN has to offer the community. ;-) I know some of you have asked about clearer documents, these are the ones. Slightly light scans but complete and clear.

• Like 3

I just posted this too elsewhere as I hadn't read through the threads yet. This is fantastic news, but is this a limited run on cards and the accessory kit, or will they be available for quite awhile? My concern is that all I've saved for currently is Opcode's Super Game Module. I can't afford both and as I've already committed to the SGM, my money will go there first.

The ADAM News Network announces the addition of NEW ide interface cards to the ADAM community. MicroFox Technologies has mastered a new design of an ide card which fits into slot 1 of the ADAM, just as the MI card did. This card can use an ide hard drive; a compact flash card; a Sparq drive; and a zip drive. ANN has produced a run of cards to make available to the ADAM community . Also available is a package containing a 60mb compact flash card preprogrammed with CV games, calc, basic & powerpaint; an ide cable; a power supply; a power adapter cable; and the boot ddp (or disk) to access the ide device. Goto http://ann.hollowdreams.com and follow the “ANN catalog” link to see what ANN has to offer the cummunity.

Also available are the ColecoVision Technical Manual; the Coleco ADAM Technical Manual; the Coleco Programmers Manual; and The Coleco ADAM computer schematics. Free for downloading. they are large compressed (7 zip) files and will take some time to download; but these are the clearest schematics we have seen. They came to us from a long time ADAMite who also donated some goodies awhile back, and we hope some more in the future. Goto http://ann.hollowdreams.com and follow the “ColecoVision Programming” link to see what ANN has to offer the community. ;-) I know some of you have asked about clearer documents, these are the ones. Slightly light scans but complete and clear.

Great news Bob! I know how badly you have wanted to find a means to develop a new IDE card for the ADAM, only to be thwarted by those damn GAL chips that Micro Innovations used. It's also great to see such a talented person (I assume the one that's been posting a lot of technical questions and info on the ColADAM List) take a liking to the ADAM and develop a much desired product... with hopefully more to come. Any chance of some further pictures (saw the ones on your site) with the IDE Interface Card and Compact Flash Card installed in it's entirety or maybe even a video?

BTW, any news on when the ColADAM List will be back up as I haven't been able to access it in a while? Well, at least there is still AtariAge!

Also, I assume when you state "loaded with CV games", you are talking only about ColecoVision cartridges that are in rom image format and you are not talking about any of the ADAM specific game software like the Super Games, etc. I know there were a lot of programs that were patched to run from one of the numerous Hard Drive options that were made back in the day, but there are countless others that never were patched and will not work with this new interface setup. I think some further information along these lines needs to be made available for the masses (including myself as I have forgotten more than I'd like to admit) so that they understand that it's not like an SD Card solution that will allow you to copy Disk or DDP Images to it and then run the image.

All that being said, I am thoroughly impressed and applaud MicroFox's effort as well as your's! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by NIAD

Great news Bob! I know how badly you have wanted to find a means to develop a new IDE card for the ADAM, only to be thwarted by those damn GAL chips that Micro Innovations used. It's also great to see such a talented person (I assume the one that's been posting a lot of technical questions and info on the ColADAM List) take a liking to the ADAM and develop a much desired product... with hopefully more to come. Any chance of some further pictures (saw the ones on your site) with the IDE Interface Card and Compact Flash Card installed in it's entirety or maybe even a video?

BTW, any news on when the ColADAM List will be back up as I haven't been able to access it in a while? Well, at least there is still AtariAge!

Also, I assume when you state "loaded with CV games", you are talking only about ColecoVision cartridges that are in rom image format and you are not talking about any of the ADAM specific game software like the Super Games, etc. I know there were a lot of programs that were patched to run from one of the numerous Hard Drive options that were made back in the day, but there are countless others that never were patched and will not work with this new interface setup. I think some further information along these lines needs to be made available for the masses (including myself as I have forgotten more than I'd like to admit) so that they understand that it's not like an SD Card solution that will allow you to copy Disk or DDP Images to it and then run the image.

All that being said, I am thoroughly impressed and applaud MicroFox's effort as well as your's! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually Jim, it is son Doug that is the brains behind the ide card. By loaded onboard CV games, I mean that most all of the original ColecoVision games are loaded into partitions 1 & 2. This was accomplished with a modified MMSG front end and then the player selects the game using the controller to page thru the games and then selects the game to play. Also, SmartBASIC is on a partition, ADAM calc is on a partition, Power Paint is on a partition, and all the original boot blocks for ADAM programs like SmartFiler, ect that MI cards had for the Coleco software is on partition 0. The card works exactly like the MI card and the Orphanware card did (normal industry standard ide protocal) .......................Good idea, I can take a few more pics of the installed card & cf and then post it on the A.N.N. website. That said, any and/or all the parts can be sold individually; or as the package we have put together for a complete setup w/ only the users generic computer power cord....seems everyone has a couple laying around.

Seeing that Doug was the brains behind this new IDE card makes it an even more special accomplishment. You gotta be a proud poppa! :P

I understood that the "CV games" reference was for ColecoVision rom files only and figured that the menu/control program was MMSG's CopyCart. I was more concerned that potential buyers would think that they could copy to and then run the Super Games from the Compact Flash or other IDE device when in fact they won't work unless someone patches each one individually. I recall the confusion that a lot of potential purchasers of the Orphanware Hard Drives and then later M.I. Hard Drives had back in the day and hopefully some of this confusion can be avoided for current potential purchasers.

While the largest percentage of E.O.S. programs used SmartBasic v1.0, which means all one has to do is copy the program file(s) to the SmartBASIC partition to use them, there will be numerous situations where the HELLO (Turnkey) program will have to be renamed properly and even more were the program may have to be edited if it ever reloads this HELLO program. This is a very simple process for us old-timers, but for someone new to the ADAM, there will be a considerable learning curve that they need to be made aware of. Also, there were numerous SB v1.0 programs that were supplied with a modified version of SB v1.0 with the mods being made directly to the machine language BASICPGM file so the user will need to know or have instructions on how to copy this BASICPGM file to the IDE device as well as copy the Block #00 boot block to a file.

Then, of course, there is the issue of SmartBASIC v2.0 not being compatible seeing as it loads it's own revised E.O.S., before loading SB v2.0, that would overwrite the driver program written by Tony Morehen. So, any SB v2.0 programs like Strategic Software's Sub Raider will not work. Thankfully there weren't that many SB v2.0 programs developed and most were just Public Domain and not commercial quality releases.

Thanks for the update re. the other Coleco released application programs. I couldn't recall how many were actually configured already and supplied on partition 0. As I mentioned, too many years have passed, but relearning all this is always a big part of the fun!

One thing that I didn't see in your description was the mention of any T-DOS partitions?

I hope that I am not scaring away any potential purchasers, but hopefully by making this information available, the purchasers will be better informed of the capabilities and incompatibilities of this setup. At the price that you are selling the Interface and Compact Flash package, it still is a steal in my mind compared to spending hundreds of dollars BITD on the OBS Mini-Winnie HD or one of the many M.I. Hard Drive offerings.

Seeing that Doug was the brains behind this new IDE card makes it an even more special accomplishment. You gotta be a proud poppa! :P

I understood that the "CV games" reference was for ColecoVision rom files only and figured that the menu/control program was MMSG's CopyCart. I was more concerned that potential buyers would think that they could copy to and then run the Super Games from the Compact Flash or other IDE device when in fact they won't work unless someone patches each one individually. I recall the confusion that a lot of potential purchasers of the Orphanware Hard Drives and then later M.I. Hard Drives had back in the day and hopefully some of this confusion can be avoided for current potential purchasers.

While the largest percentage of E.O.S. programs used SmartBasic v1.0, which means all one has to do is copy the program file(s) to the SmartBASIC partition to use them, there will be numerous situations where the HELLO (Turnkey) program will have to be renamed properly and even more were the program may have to be edited if it ever reloads this HELLO program. This is a very simple process for us old-timers, but for someone new to the ADAM, there will be a considerable learning curve that they need to be made aware of. Also, there were numerous SB v1.0 programs that were supplied with a modified version of SB v1.0 with the mods being made directly to the machine language BASICPGM file so the user will need to know or have instructions on how to copy this BASICPGM file to the IDE device as well as copy the Block #00 boot block to a file.

Then, of course, there is the issue of SmartBASIC v2.0 not being compatible seeing as it loads it's own revised E.O.S., before loading SB v2.0, that would overwrite the driver program written by Tony Morehen. So, any SB v2.0 programs like Strategic Software's Sub Raider will not work. Thankfully there weren't that many SB v2.0 programs developed and most were just Public Domain and not commercial quality releases.

Thanks for the update re. the other Coleco released application programs. I couldn't recall how many were actually configured already and supplied on partition 0. As I mentioned, too many years have passed, but relearning all this is always a big part of the fun!

One thing that I didn't see in your description was the mention of any T-DOS partitions?

I hope that I am not scaring away any potential purchasers, but hopefully by making this information available, the purchasers will be better informed of the capabilities and incompatibilities of this setup. At the price that you are selling the Interface and Compact Flash package, it still is a steal in my mind compared to spending hundreds of dollars BITD on the OBS Mini-Winnie HD or one of the many M.I. Hard Drive offerings.

IN RESPECT TO SOME QUESTIONS ON THE IDE CARD, I WILL TRY TO FURTHER EXPLAIN THE SETUP.

Question..............."I'm not really in to "making it on my own" if it is at all complicated <grin>...as such, I probably can't afford this thing until after the first of the year...do you anticipate them still being available then or even later, maybe 2013 or 2014?

Question...............I'm still confused, I'm afraid...I've read your other messages and it sounds like you still need the IDE interface and power supply even if you only want to use the compact flash card....so if that's the case what can I do with just the interface card and software?

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

OK, I will try to explain further. The ide interface card purchased by itself will come with software to make your own “hard drive” system.

You would need to supply:

1. an ide device
which would be:

a. physical hard drive and ide cable to connect to the interface card

b. compact flash card with an ide adapter w/ power and ide cable to connect to the interface card

2. a means of powering the hard drive or compact flash card – both need external power to run

Then you need to go thru a precise process of formatting your ide device, initializing both the EOS
partitions and TDOS partitions, then copying files from the supplied disks which contain the appropriate boot files for Coleco programs. Once all this is done, hopefully you have not missed a step or hooked something up wrong; and you have a 20, 40, or 60 mb FAST storage media. THEN you can copy the CV games, Coleco programs and Tdos onto the ide storage media.

The entire reason behind offering the parts package is:

1. to save you from about an hour’s worth of work

2. to make the addition of an ide storage device a simple plug and play unit

3. not use incorrect parts and possibly “let the smoke” out of your new card (ruin it)

Mark Gordon of Micro Innovations initially only sold his “hard drive” system’s as a complete unit for the reason's above - in order to protect the hardware and to make it easy for the user to set up the system and operate it.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The parts package for $25 is an "at cost" package we are providing to make a "plug and play" package for the user; plus we are preloading it with most ColecoVision games and basic Coleco progams. We use a compact flash card because it has no moving parts to wear out like a used hard drive unit. IF a user wants to get his own pieces to make a system, so be it, but you won’t save any money and you will have the hassle making the system work. Possibly we should sell only a complete setup only.......... but then some would want only the interface card........

THE IDE CARDS AND PACKAGE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE..........AND THAT IS LIKE......20 YEARS or so. By offering this package, we are keeping them at cost to further the use of the ADAM computer and CV games. We want to make available to as many users as possible the chance to run a FAST storage system on the ADAM. There will be other Coleco hardware additions/replacements in the future also.

Edited by adamcon

Time to have some fun playing around with this tremendous new hardware package... message is on the way to place an order.

BTW, you have my interest peaked by that statement, "There will be other Coleco hardware additions/replacements in the future also". Any clues that you could provide about what may be coming in the future? :)

Time to have some fun playing around with this tremendous new hardware package... message is on the way to place an order.

BTW, you have my interest peaked by that statement, "There will be other Coleco hardware additions/replacements in the future also". Any clues that you could provide about what may be coming in the future? :)

Not anything I can tell you at this point in time Jim. BUT, testing on some other hardware is in progress and may be produced in the future. A time frame is not in place. good things take time! ;-) About the cf setup, this is going to blow you away with the speed of it. You may have used a physical ide drive, but the cf drive is almost instantaneous

• 2 weeks later...

I received my IDE Interface and Compact Flash Package in a short order from ADAMcon last Friday... thanks for the super fast shipping. The installation of the interface card into Slot #1 and the connection of the CF Adapter/Card, IDE cable and Power Adapter were as easy as 1, 2 and 3. All I have to decide now is if I want to mod my Memory Console by cutting a small opening for the power cord in the back of the unit, knock out a couple of vent bars in the Memory Console pop-off lid to run the power cord out or leave well enough alone seeing as I only have one Stand-Alone Memory Console and it's a mint specimen.

As far as useage, seeing as I have years of experience with the ADAM and some experience using past Hard Drive setups (the same driver/control program is used with this new setup as past Hard Drives), I was able to quickly move around the different E.O.S. partitions and boot pre-installed programs, copy some new games to the CF Card like ADAM Bomb II and start arranging the partitions to my liking. It's all pretty straight forward, but for someone new or newer to the ADAM, there will be some head scratching moments that either ADAMcon or myself should be able to help with.

I just delved into ADAM's other operating system, T-DOS, that is pre-configured on one of the partitions and came across a number of documentation files that provide some further, much needed instructions over what is already supplied in print by ADAMcon. Also, copied one of the Infocom text adventures to the drive that are already configured for use in CP/M and T-DOS and had that up and running in no time.

As far as access speeds, I was a little concerning that there could be bottleneck slowdowns, but to my surprise, this concern of mine was not justified and I/O operations are performed at amazingly fast speeds... even faster than Hard Drive speeds.

When I have the free time, I am planning on putting together further information on how to configure a full array of ADAM warez on the unit that should prove to be a major time saver for all purchasers.

So, to make a long story short, it's not the ADAMnet SD Drive that can run Disk or DDP Image files which I've been hoping for, but the IDE Card and CF Package is an incredible addition the the ADAM Computer that I think many will find invaluable and fun to play with... especially for the price of only $65 ($40 for the IDE Card and $25 for the CF Package).

Again, it's not a complete replacement for Disk and Data Drives seeing as you will still need these to copy stuff onto the IDE storage device and there are programs that are not compatible (namely the Super Games, Family Feud, Jeopardy, etc.).

• 3 weeks later...

When I have the free time, I am planning on putting together further information on how to configure a full array of ADAM warez on the unit that should prove to be a major time saver for all purchasers.

Seriously considering purchasing one of these, but wondering how do I go about getting programs onto the card? Do I have to get them transferred to disk or tape and them copy them from there? Are their usage instructions available?

Thanks for any help provided.

charles

Seriously considering purchasing one of these, but wondering how do I go about getting programs onto the card? Do I have to get them transferred to disk or tape and them copy them from there? Are their usage instructions available?

Thanks for any help provided.

charles

There are a number of programs preloaded/preconfigured on the CF Card (CopyCart with about 140 rom images, SmartBASIC, File Manager, MacADAM, ADAMCalc and PowerPAINT as well as T-DOS with a wide array of programs for use in this super-enhanced CP/M replacement O.S.), but in order to add any further programs to the CF Card, YOU WILL NEED a Disk or Digital Data Drive.

Let take for example ADAM Bomb II and Micro Chip seeing as these are very easy programs to setup due to the fact that Steve Pitman had an ADAM IDE Hard Drive and did all the work for the end-user when he wrote these two terrific games. If you don't have a ADAM Disk or DDP copy already, you will have to convert the PC emulator compatible image file to an ADAM 5 1/4" Disk using the MS-DOS program called DCOPY. Once this is accomplished, all you have to do is copy the BOOT-BOMB2 or BOOT-CHIP file to partition 0 of the CF Card and then the remainder of the game program files to any of the 10 E.O.S. partitions on the CF Card with File Manager. You can copy them to partition 0, but I would recommend copying them to a different partition that you will dedicate for only ADAM games. Once this is accomplished, the games are ready to be loaded and played from the IDE CF Card/IDE Hard Drive.

BTW, you will always still need an ADAM drive, be it Disk or Digital Data, in order to boot the IDE Drive patch program, otherwise the ADAM doesn't know that it is there. Basically, place the patch program in a drive and press the Computer Reset switch to load it (very small program that loads in about 1 second) and this program in turn loads the IDE drive control program that is located on the IDE drive. ADAMcon has mentioned that he is looking into supplying a new Parallel Interface Card that would install in Slot #2 and provide a boot prom socket as well as the IDE Drive patch program on a Prom so that when you turn on the ADAM, it will automatically boot-up into the IDE drive control program. This new Parallel Interface Card will more than likely be a close copy of the Micro Innovations card that was released in the early 90's which provided this Boot Prom Socket and I'm lucky to have one... just need ADAMcon to offer an IDE Drive Boot Prom. Another option, which should work, would be to open up the ADAM and get down to the ADAM Logic Board in order to pull the SmartWRITER prom chips and replace with the IDE Boot Prom (numerous people did this in the past and installed CP/M, T-DOS, SmartBASIC proms in place of SmartWRITER)... but ADAMcon will have to verify that this is a possibility.

Sorry, got of track there. To configure a program that was not previously configured for IDE drive compatibility, you will have to use File Manager to copy block 00 (the boot block) of the disk or DDP to a file on partition 0 and then name it properly... BOOT-xxxxx. Then, you have to copy the program files to the partition where you want to store them. It's easy enough to do, but there will be a learning curve for people not as familiar with the ADAM and it's software as I am.

I have configured numerous programs already and hope to get through the rest in short order, after which I will provide a backup image of my CF Card to ADAMcon in order to use for all future sales or to offer to people who have purchased the unit already so they can place the CF Card in their Windows PC and write this backup image to their CF Card. Hopefully in the next couple weeks, I will have this ready.

Two things to be aware of, there are programs that will never work as mentioned above due to conflicts with the IDE patch program, unfortunately. For instance, programs that use a Memory Expander will not work due to the fact that the patch to setup access to the Memory Expander resides in the same memory area where the IDE drive patch is stored. Therefore the Memory Expander patch will overwrite the IDE patch and cause the loss of access to the IDE drive. These programs will just have to be loaded from Disk or Data Pack unless someone takes it upon themselves to provide patches for each program or write a new IDE drive patch program that resides in a different place in memory.

The other issue is that the IDE menu program (developed in '90 - '91 by Tony Morehen) used for loading programs has a bug in it that will only allow 26 programs to be displayed in it's menu listing. The option to page down to view more is there, but the keystroke to page down does not work. The menu program is written in Machine Language and therefore beyond me to fix, but hopefully someone like Dr. D can take a look at this issue. I have two ways to work around this issue.

Again, I am very impressed with this new product, but there are drawbacks mainly due to having to use a patch program that was written over 20 years ago and could have benfitted from further updates and improvements... but the programmer moved on and stopped supporting the ADAM.

BTW, T-DOS (enhanced CP/M) doesn't suffer from these issues and really is impressive to use with this setup.

great info, I will probably buy this in the near future. Won't have a chance to use it though, as most of my stuff is packed, and won't be unpacked until sometime in 2013 after we move. I may also wait to see if you get a chance to off ADAMcon the additional patched programs.

thanks again,

charles

I WILL get everything preconfigured, maybe not in short order, but soon enough... rest assured. While this forum is a good means to provide help, in this case I would prefer to talk via phone to walk someone thru things.... and I don't charge for the Tech Support.

Good Luck with the upcoming move.

A little update for all those considering the purchase of an IDE Card and CF Package...

I am out halfway thru setting up the best 'warez on my CF Card that I can easily configure and patch/hack to work properly and best of all, today I finally figured out what I needed to hack to get the best adventure game developed for the ADAM, Temple of the Snow Dragon, to work with an IDE Card/Drive. The load times of this huge adventure game, especially from Data Pack, are a thing of the past. If you've never heard of this game, here are some pics.

post-25956-0-27064000-1350610073_thumb.png

post-25956-0-15446300-1350610080_thumb.png

post-25956-0-78529400-1350610086_thumb.png

post-25956-0-63488100-1350610094_thumb.png

post-25956-0-97542000-1350610101_thumb.png

post-25956-0-47720800-1350610125_thumb.png

post-25956-0-76473000-1350610133_thumb.png

post-25956-0-65942200-1350610140_thumb.png

post-25956-0-18702600-1350610148_thumb.png

post-25956-0-83326000-1350610157_thumb.png

post-25956-0-98987300-1350610165_thumb.png

post-25956-0-66125200-1350610177_thumb.png

post-25956-0-03158200-1350610191_thumb.png

post-25956-0-12213800-1350610201_thumb.png

post-25956-0-93744100-1350610209_thumb.png

post-25956-0-30098000-1350610219_thumb.png

post-25956-0-41279200-1350610229_thumb.png

• Like 1

Shoot! I might have to buy one of these sooner rather than later...but I don't want to risk cutting into my fund for ColecoVision games coming out soon.

A little update for all those considering the purchase of an IDE Card and CF Package...

I am out halfway thru setting up the best 'warez on my CF Card that I can easily configure and patch/hack to work properly and best of all, today I finally figured out what I needed to hack to get the best adventure game developed for the ADAM, Temple of the Snow Dragon, to work with an IDE Card/Drive. The load times of this huge adventure game, especially from Data Pack, are a thing of the past. If you've never heard of this game, here are some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the feeling reading through this thread like a person in a foreign land that doesn't speak the language. When I was a kid back in the 80's I had an Adam. I've been wanting to play games. Most of what I had back then was on tape. Since the expansion project does not seem to want to put all of the games from tape and or diskette on cart format, I thought perhaps this was the best solution for playing those games. I'm no longer versed at what any of this stuff means. I could get by when I was a kid but now I have no memory of what anything pertaining to this means. Partitions, EOM, CP /M!? :? = Greek

I just want to play games :)

I've got an Adam and a working tape drive. Next step?

IDE "hard drive" card $40 + shipping and IDE card Accessories $25 + shipping?

Indeed Ax, this new IDE Card and CF Card Package is the way to go CURRENTLY, but it does require a good working knowledge of the ADAM and even then, there is a lot of ADAM software that just will never be able to be stored and run on the CF Card. It's a combination of things such as most of the best software titlles being developed long before the emergence of Hard Drive packages on the ADAM in the late 80's, the need to use an IDE Patch program to the O.S. that was written in '91 and could have used further updates, etc. etc.

For instance, the game pictured above, Temple of the Snow Dragon, took be about five days (well probably about 5 hours on and off) to break into and list out the numerous program files to figure out what the incompatibility was with the IDE setup. I had an idea all along and eventually my hunch was right, but I still had to read thru the listings of all the program files to make sure that there weren't any other issues that would need to be addressed.

So while I can handle most programs like this one, other programs like the Coleco made ADAM Super Games will probably never be patchable and therefore compatible with the IDE package and the only hope to run programs and games like these are from DDP or Disk and hopefully one day an SD Drive solution.

I'm still plugging away at setting up most of the best 'warez on my CF Card and will provide ADAMcon with an image of it when I am done and for the price of $65 for an IDE Interface Card, Compact Flash Adapter, Compact Flash Card, IDE Cable, Power Transformer, 4 setup disks, 1 boot DDP and the already preconfigured software that currently comes installed... it's a pretty damn good deal.

I know that people discount and think Super Buck Rogers was just the "pack-in" but I played that game for hundreds of hours in my childhood. The cartridge version just isn't the same. The Zaxxon and DK games for the SGM are working for me big time. The BIG hole is that Super Buck Rogers. I know I can play it from tape, but there has to be some other solution. Even if it were a somewhat costly one off. I'd love to have it.

If the other ADAM Super Game titles do get the SGM conversion treatment, I know that they would be good sellers... they are Coleco made games afterall which is all the stimulus to buy that most CV fans would need. It's just a matter of "Mystery Man" deciding to go ahead with the conversion or an SD Drive solution for the ADAM being released (not developed as one already has been). While the SD Drive soluion would be tremendous, it would be nice to have it and the other games available in CV cartridge format, that way, it's in a format other than ADAM only.

Great things are happening throughout the CV Scene, so I don't see why this shouldn't happen eventually as well, although it may take some time.

I agree...I played Super Buck Rogers for hours upon hours...still one of my favorites...

and on another note...I just read Disney is buying Lucas Films for $4.05 billion and is going to make more Star Wars movies!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-buying-lucasfilm-4-05-billion-200845002--finance.html

I know that people discount and think Super Buck Rogers was just the "pack-in" but I played that game for hundreds of hours in my childhood. The cartridge version just isn't the same. The Zaxxon and DK games for the SGM are working for me big time. The BIG hole is that Super Buck Rogers. I know I can play it from tape, but there has to be some other solution. Even if it were a somewhat costly one off. I'd love to have it.

• 6 years later...

Hi.

As a newcomer to the ADAM, I was wondering what the current state of modern storage on the ADAM was. The last post here dates from 2012, and most of the sites I have been to are either long dead or severely outdated...

Frankly, the current ADAM landscape seems pretty barren, unless I'm missing something...