IGNORED

SHIPPED: Atari 2600 Red Sea Crossing

Atari4You

I will be interested in a box/manual for this game ONLY on the 2 conditions listed below:

1. If it looks like a miniature of this, and:

-

-

-

-

post-2955-0-81909700-1347952213_thumb.jpg

2. If the following doesn't happen when I unseal the package so I can play the game:

-

-

-

-

post-2955-0-82472200-1347952267_thumb.jpg

8)

• Like 6

We are at 9 people interested in a manual and box.

I would guess a mass PM to all that have bought the game, and who might not have revisited the thread to see that a box and manual were being considered, would likely increase that number substantially. My .02 :)

I would guess a mass PM to all that have bought the game, and who might not have revisited the thread to see that a box and manual were being considered, would likely increase that number substantially. My .02 :)

Indeed

Also for information purposes, it would be nice to know how many copies are going to be. After all $60 is not the price for your average homebrew, I'd hate to see tons of H. repros available for $6

Indeed

Also for information purposes, it would be nice to know how many copies are going to be. After all $60 is not the price for your average homebrew, I'd hate to see tons of H. repros available for $6

I'm not following. How would limiting the number of copies impact the later availability of more copies? It's pretty certain that as soon as they are in the hands of the buyers, dumped copies will be made available through various rom sites and anyone can then burn their own carts. Heck, the buyer of the second copy may even do that himself. It's not like buying one of these is going to guarantee any exclusivity other than that you'll have one of the 100 from this particular production run.

• Like 1

I'm not following. How would limiting the number of copies impact the later availability of more copies? It's pretty certain that as soon as they are in the hands of the buyers, dumped copies will be made available through various rom sites and anyone can then burn their own carts. Heck, the buyer of the second copy may even do that himself. It's not like buying one of these is going to guarantee any exclusivity other than that you'll have one of the 100 from this particular production run.

It's true you cannot foresee the future, and I don't want to look like I don't want it to be available. Surely the rom will be dumped and that is good, that way everybody can play the game

It might be my personal and subjective perception that the more limited the run, the more the catridge maintains or even rises in value, that is why I wanted to know how many copies are going to be made. In any case it's been paid for and I'm glad I did no matter what happens.

It's true you cannot foresee the future, and I don't want to look like I don't want it to be available. Surely the rom will be dumped and that is good, that way everybody can play the game

It might be my personal and subjective perception that the more limited the run, the more the catridge maintains or even rises in value, that is why I wanted to know how many copies are going to be made. In any case it's been paid for and I'm glad I did no matter what happens.

Except that it's an unlicensed copy of an unreleased homebrew, so it's not like people are going to be dissuaded from releasing their own copies of it in deference to Atari4you and it's not like this particular run of copies is going to be considered by future collectors to be "official" in any way. Heck, someone might even try to get permission from the author at some point and do an actual authorized release which might actually have some value beyond just being able to play the game. Like you said though, who knows what the future holds...