IGNORED

SHIPPED: Atari 2600 Red Sea Crossing

Atari4You

Wow, mine arrived today as well. I played a few rounds. 13,500 was my best so far.

I have to say, hats off to Steve Stack! This game is really good. It has alot of elements to it. Lots of variety with the screens and the enemies. It plays very well. Quite an involved game by 2600 standards. I am very impressed with it. It has nice musical melodies and sound effects. Graphics are very well programmed. Lots of use of colors. I mean, seriously, way better then I would have expected from some guy in his garage back in 1983. I highly recommend this game! Lots of fun too.

So far I figured out these basics:

-- some enemies take a life, some just hurt your score.

-- avoid all enemies, proper timing with walking and jumping is key.

-- jumps have excellent play control to them as you can under and over compensate mid jump!

-- the flying "dove" is good as well as the tip of the staff item and are both ok to touch.

-- the fish at the top of the screen appears to be some kind of timer that resets for each new screen.

-- the last digit of your score display is the number of lives you have left in reserve.

Anyhow, great game guys. This guy had some really good programming skills. Amazing that this game

may never have been known to exist were it not for circumstances short of a miracle.

• Like 2

Excellent review, Supergun! Thanks for posting it!

I was very intrigued by this game when I saw the video footage of the game play. There are lots of different screens and enemies and looks like an above-average Atari 2600 game. Glad to hear such good things about it and am looking forward to playing it. It should be arriving soon.

ok so..now Im in receipt of my copy...Im so pissed..this game came sealed? LOL I cant open it based on the sealed factor......I want to play it as well, but since I bought it can we get a rom somewhere for my harmony cart? pm me if so....

Nice work..love the box art!

chris

Forgot to update: Guess what was wrapped and under the Christmas tree this year? :)

My brother intercepted the mail when my copy (cart only) arrived and it got wrapped up with the same wrapping paper as 1/3rd of the other gifts under my parent's tree. The tag said "From: Atari4you"

I "inherited" my parent's VCR-TV combo tonight and set it up in my room. Tomorrow I plan to pull my Atari 2600 out of storage and hook it up!

Thank you and Merry Christmas!