IGNORED

ColecoVision Overlays Available (Reproduction)

pboland

Will the SAF (Soccer) overlay be sold separately as well or just with your SAF (Soccer) limited edition mini-cart CIBs?

It's SAS, Jim. I replaced "Football" by "Soccer" everywhere in this product (cart label, manual, overlay, even in the ROM itself).

I'm pretty sure the minimum print order will be much more than just five copies, so yeah, I'll probably have quite a few spares that I will be able to sell. In fact, I'm counting on a small demand for them because just the cutting tool for cutting the overlays in a professional manner will cost me around 300 euros! Right now, I'm having a problem with the cardboard to be used for printing the overlays (the sample I received is a tad too thick) and this issue needs to be resolved before I can green light the print order.

Given that printing the overlays will be quite expensive, I'm thinking of doing a collection of Super Action overlays to help me recoup my basic expenses. I'm talking about S.A. overlays for commercial titles like Mouse Trap, and homebrew overlays such as for Gateway to Apshai. I know the Super Action Controller is not a popular controller with most CV fans, but still, I think these overlays would make great collectible items. :)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I just received my overlay order and they're even better than I expected! Honestly, I was thinking that these would simply fill gaps in my collection until I found originals to replace them with, but screw that! I'll be more than happy to use these reproductions moving forward!

I'll be putting in an order for more shortly. Thank you so much for providing this service!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I just received my overlay order and they're even better than I expected! Honestly, I was thinking that these would simply fill gaps in my collection until I found originals to replace them with, but screw that! I'll be more than happy to use these reproductions moving forward!

I'll be putting in an order for more shortly. Thank you so much for providing this service!!!

Thanks for the great comments. I really did want these to be as much like the originals as possible. Seeing comments like yours makes it worth it. Thanks again to everyone who have purchased these overlays.

Just a small reminder that these overlays are still available for purchase. Just PM me if you are interested.

On a side note: I'm now gearing up to offer Intellivision overlays as well. More on that soon.

• Like 2

I'm definitely looking forward to the Intellivision overlays. Any chance you'll eventually offer Super Action Controller overlays? They'll definitely be a lot more work, since you need to have cut outs for the number pad.

See Post #29 by PixelBoy concerning SAC overlays.

See Post #29 by PixelBoy concerning SAC overlays.

Yes, but there's been a small change in plans. I was doing business with the same german printer company that manufactures my Team Pixelboy game boxes, and the cardboard they offered was slightly too thick to fit easely in the recesses of a Super Action Controller. So my german contact approached another printer company, which offers something different which he described like this:

It is some kind of a composite material. The print is made on foil, which then is covered by a transparent adhesive foil which has a slight structure. On the backside, another adhesive paper is attached. So it is foil on the frontside and paper on the backside.

I like it more than the cardboard material and printing quality comes (in my view) close to the original overlay. Stiffness of the material is slightly less, but just slightly.

I'm not really sure what results we will get for the Super Action Soccer overlay, but the big advantage here is that the cutting is done with a plotter so there's no expensive cutting tool involved, and I can order some really small quantities (4 overlays minimum).

Yes, but there's been a small change in plans. I was doing business with the same german printer company that manufactures my Team Pixelboy game boxes, and the cardboard they offered was slightly too thick to fit easely in the recesses of a Super Action Controller. So my german contact approached another printer company, which offers something different which he described like this:

I'm not really sure what results we will get for the Super Action Soccer overlay, but the big advantage here is that the cutting is done with a plotter so there's no expensive cutting tool involved, and I can order some really small quantities (4 overlays minimum).

I'm glad you are doing these because, I knew that I would need to spend a good amount of money just to make SAC overlays. Yep, I was looking into cutting plotters. Just don't have the cash to buy one. Not a big deal since Pixelboy has it covered.

Any chance you could make overlays for other systems/games? I'm looking to get overlays three of the 2600 kids' games.

I'm really not doing one-offs at the moment. I have a few limitations when it comes to making overlays. The biggest limitation is the overlay can not be any wider than 2 -7/8" inches. My equipment is only good for 3" wide material and I need a little on the sides for trimming. Right now, no I can not do overlays for the 2600 kids controller. (Sorry) :(

I'm really not doing one-offs at the moment. I have a few limitations when it comes to making overlays. The biggest limitation is the overlay can not be any wider than 2 -7/8" inches. My equipment is only good for 3" wide material and I need a little on the sides for trimming. Right now, no I can not do overlays for the 2600 kids controller. (Sorry) :(

No worries! Thanks for the reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil, and thank you. :)

The Overlays arrived very well to Denmark today.

post-9873-0-01723700-1350998725_thumb.png

If you ever make Overlays for homebrews, please let me know. :)

Awesome! That didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. I'm glad you like them.

Edited by pboland

Got my overlays a few days ago. I'm a fussy piece of work but have to say that these overlays are truely awesome. They look extremely close to Coleco's commercial overlays including the thickness, feel, translucency and flexibility. This combined with Pixelboy's overlay templates equals a fantastic product. Can't recommend them enough.

Thank You Phil :)

Got my overlays a few days ago. I'm a fussy piece of work but have to say that these overlays are truely awesome. They look extremely close to Coleco's commercial overlays including the thickness, feel, translucency and flexibility. This combined with Pixelboy's overlay templates equals a fantastic product. Can't recommend them enough.

Thank You Phil :)

I'm glad you like them. I spent a lot of time trying to get the thickness, feel and flexibility just right (the translucency was a side effect of the other three). Seeing everyone comments about this project makes it worth it. Thanks again to everyone who purchased/commented.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for 2x Mouse Trap overlays, you still selling?

- Facemaker (modified slightly) 2x

-War Room 2x

Total of 6 overlays

Not a problem. Here are the details:

The charge is $2.00 each (or $4.00 per set of two) + $5.00 shipping (first class mail to USA or Canada). As always I never take money until your order is ready to ship. I take payment via Pay Pal only. PM with your Pay Pal email address and your order. If you have any mores questions, please ask.

It will not let me send a PM to you PBOLAND, is your mailbox full? I need to know where your money is going on PayPal.

My mailbox is not full and I will need your Pay Pal email address PM'ed to me so I can invoice you. You might want to try PM'ing me again.