IGNORED

whats the least you ever payed for a cart?

Believe it or not, never got a free cart. Got a big bag (around 20 titles) of SNES carts a thrift for $6 once, though, so that's about a quarter a pop. Oh yeah, the titles included Super Mario RPG and ... Earthbound. :-D Funny thing is I don't remeber either one of those being visible before I got the bag home and opened it.

Believe it or not, never got a free cart. Got a big bag (around 20 titles) of SNES carts a thrift for $6 once, though, so that's about a quarter a pop. Oh yeah, the titles included Super Mario RPG and ... Earthbound. :-D Funny thing is I don't remeber either one of those being visible before I got the bag home and opened it.

I would have shat in the store if I saw them before I got home...

Ive gotten some buy one get one free type of deals... But I dont know that I have gotten a freebie out right... I did pay a quarter apiece at a garage sale for some decent NES games.. Thats about it tho.. Certainly nothing amazing..

wow, lucky!!!

Least I actually paid for a complete SNES game (mint CIB) was € 1,50. Not just any game. I bought Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, each mint CIB and each at € 1,50.

Where I live, that's impossible to beat.

thats awesome. the least i ever payed for a cib snes game is 6.99... i dont own that many boxed snes games anyways haha

thats awesome. the least i ever payed for a cib snes game is 6.99... i dont own that many boxed snes games anyways haha

Me neither, and to tell you the truth, I already owned loose cart copies of those games when I bought the CIB ones. I just couldn't resist buying them when I saw those prices. I just bought em all out of general principle :-)

I got Earthbound fairly cheap in a local store once. Not $6 cheap, but I'm sure it would have had to have been under $20 for me to buy it at the time that I did. I want to say it was $12.99 or $14.99 or something like that. I'm very glad that I picked it up, and I'm even more glad that, when I gave it to a friend of mine (with the intent, at the time, that he would keep it), he was willing to give it back for nothing after he finished playing it.

But on the topic at hand, I'm fairly sure the cheapest card I've ever paid for was probably $1. Might have been 50 cents, but more likely $1. That is, unless you count the Master System plus 10 games I picked up in a pawn shop for $25. I've seen Master Systems on ebay with less accessories than mine had (two joypads, one arcade stick, and light gun) and no games sell for more money than that, so that's like getting all 10 games for free. But not really, since a couple of the controllers had bad cords which I had to replace (and you can't find replacement 9-pin controller cords very cheap, it seems).

Least I actually paid for a complete SNES game (mint CIB) was ¤ 1,50. Not just any game. I bought Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3, each mint CIB and each at ¤ 1,50.

Where I live, that's impossible to beat.

Don't think I'm making any friends with my posts in this thread, but I also once bought CIB Chronotrigger and Final Fantasy III on the same day at the same thrift store for $1 apiece... I have indeed been very lucky! Nothing compared to the guy on here who got the Vectrex Mr.Boston, though.

Don't think I'm making any friends with my posts in this thread, but I also once bought CIB Chronotrigger and Final Fantasy III on the same day at the same thrift store for $1 apiece... I have indeed been very lucky! Nothing compared to the guy on here who got the Vectrex Mr.Boston, though.

Wow.. THAT is amazing. We didn't even get FF III in Europe, and Chrono Trigger nowadays is even more expensive out here than the US NTSC version...

I got Earthbound fairly cheap in a local store once. Not $6 cheap, but I'm sure it would have had to have been under $20 for me to buy it at the time that I did. I want to say it was $12.99 or $14.99 or something like that. I'm very glad that I picked it up, and I'm even more glad that, when I gave it to a friend of mine (with the intent, at the time, that he would keep it), he was willing to give it back for nothing after he finished playing it.

I was gonna do this as an edit, but I forgot there was a time limit. I just wanted to say: Holy crap! I just looked on eBay and saw a loose Earthbound cart on there that had already been bid up close to $80! I had no idea it was going for that high, I would have guessed $50 or so.

Which actually makes me think that I paid $29.99 for it rather than $14.99. I remember thinking at the time that it was a good deal, but not a great deal, and at my estimated value of $50, the $29.99 mark makes more sense for that sentiment than $14.99.

I was gonna do this as an edit, but I forgot there was a time limit. I just wanted to say: Holy crap! I just looked on eBay and saw a loose Earthbound cart on there that had already been bid up close to $80! I had no idea it was going for that high, I would have guessed $50 or so.

Which actually makes me think that I paid $29.99 for it rather than $14.99. I remember thinking at the time that it was a good deal, but not a great deal, and at my estimated value of $50, the $29.99 mark makes more sense for that sentiment than $14.99.

do you know how rare earthbound is? i dont get it, it seems like so many collectors have it already! and why is it so valued!??!

do you know how rare earthbound is? i dont get it, it seems like so many collectors have it already! and why is it so valued!??!

I have no idea, man. I like it because it's an excellent game, but if I lost my cart and had to buy it at the full price these days, I'd probably skip it.

Also, I looked a little farther down the page, and there are some loose carts (including dust covers) in better condition than the $80 one that are going over $100. It's hard for me to believe now that I got my copy as cheap as I did.

I have no idea, man. I like it because it's an excellent game, but if I lost my cart and had to buy it at the full price these days, I'd probably skip it.

Also, I looked a little farther down the page, and there are some loose carts (including dust covers) in better condition than the $80 one that are going over $100. It's hard for me to believe now that I got my copy as cheap as I did.

ya. ive heared good things about that game :)

Probably my best score ever was that time I responded to a Craigslist ad about a Commodore 64 for $10, and ended up getting a carload of vintage computer stuff for free instead.

Got a Commodore 64, a Commodore SX-64, a TI-99/4a, and an IBM PCjr (as well as an Atari 850 interface and a hard drive for an ST). Also a bag of joysticks and power supplies and other various cables.

I had to repair some of the stuff, but I made back what I spent on repairs by selling that ST hard drive.

But, there were no game carts at all in the lot, so I guess that doesn't pertain to the topic, haha.

Probably my best score ever was that time I responded to a Craigslist ad about a Commodore 64 for $10, and ended up getting a carload of vintage computer stuff for free instead.

Got a Commodore 64, a Commodore SX-64, a TI-99/4a, and an IBM PCjr (as well as an Atari 850 interface and a hard drive for an ST). Also a bag of joysticks and power supplies and other various cables.

I had to repair some of the stuff, but I made back what I spent on repairs by selling that ST hard drive.

But, there were no game carts at all in the lot, so I guess that doesn't pertain to the topic, haha.

so how much was the whole thing in total?