IGNORED

Lynx to VGA

candle

Awesome! I was just thinking about looking at the feasibility of an LCD replacement for the lynx and it's already been done. It looks slightly above my ability level at the moment, so I'm glad someone else has done it. :)

Fantastic work.

It's rather late in the day to bring this up, but I have written a Verilog HDMI encoder for both audio and video so you could output HDMI rather than analogue RGB if that's ever of interest. I'll eventually get my ST HMDI out project finished...

Hi,

This is my little contribution to Your world,

It took me 4 days to get it there, and its still not perfect - as you can see, there are sone glitches (complete lack of sync) during the game boot i haven't investigated yet, but it all come in its own sweet time

I would like to thanks following members for their contribution to this project:

Shawn Jefferson, who talked me into this and gave Lynx I and few games (on their way from Canada)

uicr0Bee for lending me his Lynx II and Batman game so i could work while waiting on Shawn's parcell

Tools used:

Rigol DS1052E oscilloscope for initial gueswork on LCD interface (there is no documentation for it, apart from schematics, so i had to do it the hard way)

Altera/TerasIC DE1 board with custom 3.3V<>5V level shifter board i've also used during SoundBoard development

enough said, enjoy!

Candle, you rock, man!

I swear, you are the Tesla of Atariland. Feel free to explore the 5200 and 7800 dominions with your mad scientist skills. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Awesome! I was just thinking about looking at the feasibility of an LCD replacement for the lynx and it's already been done. It looks slightly above my ability level at the moment, so I'm glad someone else has done it. :)

Fantastic work.

It's rather late in the day to bring this up, but I have written a Verilog HDMI encoder for both audio and video so you could output HDMI rather than analogue RGB if that's ever of interest. I'll eventually get my ST HMDI out project finished...

Nice to see you on here! Look forward to the ST HDMI board =)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the consecutive post:

Has anyone experienced on the forum been able to keep up with development since November?
I certainly could use a few of these. As a software guy specializing in networks and GUI, i find his prototype very clean and superb work.

4 Screws and a ribbon cable? ROFL. Awesome design.

I hope to hear more soon.

Cheers!

Ok, good to hear. Would be sad loosing this opportunity...

No doubt - I just bought a Vita so have been getting back into some portable gaming. I tell you - after seeing this amazing OLED screen in action, I doubt I'll ever be able to go back to the original Lynx again. With a nice VGA screen in it, there's games I would love to revisit.

• 3 weeks later...

I know he was working on the prototype for us last year (five of us paid up front) and no news since 25th of Feb when I sent a group PM. I hope he's just busy and nothing bad happened. I am sure the project will progress at some point. If anyone can do it Candle can!

Edited by GadgetUK