IGNORED

Lynx to VGA

candle

Hmm. This makes me think about the "Black pearl". I have a design of a new kind of flash cart that I nicknamed the "Black pearl". Too much Pirates of the Caribbean probably. In any case I have components for 86 carts collecting dust and they will probably never see the daylight.

These carts are like my old devflash but they have an i2c parallell port instead of dip-switches. The idea is to run a rom-selector at bootup, change the i2c switches to point to a new area and give a reboot to start the game at the new area.

The flashes are StrataFlash-types which means that the Lynx can read and write the data directly without external help.

The chips may be too old for easy soldering. I don't know.

I could share the schematics and board layout with people who are interested. We could fix the design before making the order. Then I could put the chips in a small plastic bag and snailmail the stuff to other people who can solder their own carts.

Anyone interested?

--

Karri

Im interested

I could share the schematics and board layout with people who are interested. We could fix the design before making the order. Then I could put the chips in a small plastic bag and snailmail the stuff to other people who can solder their own carts.

Anyone interested?

If you provide the PCB also, I would be interested to solder the parts on the cart myself. With only a few components it seems the ideal project to practice my SMD soldering skills :P Maybe I should take two in case I destroy the first one :D

Robert

The last year a resident of Poland presents a Lynx Flashcart with Micro SD and now another guy of Poland presents us with a TV adapter !

How do I apply for naturalization in this wonderful country ?! :)

Very very good job !

Edited by rygar
  • Like 2

any of you willing to participate in prototype testing? i could make 5-10 prototype boards, costs are pretty linear, but parts might be hard to get for me (since i live in Poland)

worst case scenario is 90-100USD a piece, including LCD module, it would be a drop in replacement, at least for lynx II, for lynx I i don't know

Wow what a phantastic work!

I always dreamed about Lynx to VGA, now it seems to get reality.

Count me in, please.

today, 3.5" panels from china arrived, schematics for new adapter board for lcd interfacing on DE1 is done, need few days to route it though

this is again a part of bigger project, so i could verify some thing before going on separate, dedicated and thus single purpose board

i need to conregate my projects this way, or nothing gets done in finite time (aka 5 days)

• Like 2

EXCELLENT WORK!! I am very excited to see something like this see the potential light of day!

It would also come in VERY handy to get a proper video capture for reviewing Lynx games for the TV show (and for other reviewers in general).

Brawo! Dobra robota! :)

This is a very good point for me. I'd love to do some proper game play videos of the Lynx for my You Tube channel. I've still to invest in any kind of capture device. The Dazzles have always caught my eye.

Best Lynx thread this year. :thumbsup: