IGNORED

FTL on PC

Reaperman

A few months ago, the alpha version of this game caught my attention an onlive 'indie showcase,' but I was too late to try it out. The full version is due out friday (though I don't believe onlive will be carrying it). If you haven't seen it, take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr3QHJJnAUA

It claims to be a roguelike, and with random universes, permadeath, and short gameplay sessions it seems to hit some of the high points of the genre with a theme more compatible with my tastes. Cost on it will be $10. Did anybody here jump on the kickstarter for beta access? It'd be nice to get some more details on mechanics.

On the down side, I'm reading resolution problems running it on 1024x600 netbooks, which is where I was hoping to play it. It seems like about the perfect netbook game, so that is a shame. It wants 1280x768, IIRC. I believe there will be a demo shortly after release, and I may have to wait for that to try it.

I've been on the beta and played it countless times, It's an amazing game. :cool:

It is very much a 'space adventure roguelike' Death is permanent, though thankfully after tons of requests the devs did add a quit/save mode so you don't have to play the entire game in one go. The game is very challenging, the Easy mode should be renamed Normal...

Looks cool, where can we get it at?

steam, gog and ftlgame.com, from what I understand.

The steep resolution requirements have been firmly confirmed, and I don't get enough time on my 'big computer' to play it, so I'll have to pass for now. Maybe they're will be a first or third party fix later, or it will hit onlive.

Edited by Reaperman