IGNORED

Trying to get into 5200: Which is rarer: 2-port or 4-port CIB?

mtshark7

I think I finally want to get into collecting for the 5200. Despite of its bad/good reputation.

The one I want to buy is CIB in perfect condition...however, I have the option to buy either a 2-port or 4-port CIB...I want to buy the rarer one CIB obviously.

So my question is: Which is more rarer/worth buying CIB over the other?

Thanks!

Also, the 2-port is $140 and the 4-port is $120 both CIB and in excellent condition.

Hi, Mark. Not sure if you've seen my blog post on this, but check it out if you don't know much about the 5200: http://retroauction....-an-atari-5200/

As for your question, I don't have any definitive numbers, but it seems to be that on eBay, there are at least twice as many 4-ports as 2-ports. Maybe even more. However, there are major differences beyond the number of ports having to do with compatibility with the VCS adapter and certain games.

Those prices are on the high side, but they are not outrageous if the condition is cherry. For those prices, get a guarantee that both controllers are fully functional.

Edited by boxpressed
  • Like 1