IGNORED

Custom Dust Covers for Classic Consoles/11/23/17 Happy Holidays!

oldjd

I sent condolences to the paypal email address I used for my last purchase (papanannysfunstuff1971 at gmail.com) and got a very nice reply from Barb today. I assume she will be able to let the community know if she intends to continue this business.

An online obituary can be found here.

I just caught up to this and found out Jerry is gone. I had a chance to meet him in person last year when I bought 4 or 5 covers from him. It was a quick meeting, but he seemed like a great guy. Barb was in the car too.

I added to my condolences to the site linked above - not sure what happens to them from there. I'm sad to hear of his passing, he added a very real contribution to this community.

• Like 1

I just heard about Jerry's passing the other day, such sad news. I've talked on and off with him regarding covers and such for years now. He was really great to deal with, and you got the sense he was a good guy, grounded with a lot of common sense. Condolences to his family, and I'm glad to hear that Barb and family will continue with the covers. They're really the best ones I've ever purchased, and with those new Sega and Turbografx logos on the go I'm sure I'll be able to support with a few more. He wasn't an old guy by any stretch, and I wished he were able to stay for years to come. Makes you really take a look at your own life when things like these happen. Rest in Peace, Jerry.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bad form to post this inside another individuals for sale thread isn't it? Should have made this a separate post.

I did hear from Barb and as has been stated, she and her daughter plan to carry on the covers as long as they are able. I've of course offered my continued assistance with logo digitizing for her as needed.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-
  • Like 2

Ugh. Not sure how I missed this. I loved dealing with Jerry and Barb over the years and I think I bought about 25 of their covers for a bunch of different systems. Jerry was always so friendly and he will be very missed around here. My sincerest condolences to Barb and her family. RIP.

• Like 1

Bad form to post this inside another individuals for sale thread isn't it? Should have made this a separate post.

Deleted tasteless posts and quoted replies. :mad: Benefit of a doubt given, because the post came from Japan, if it re-appears it will be a full on ban.

Best wishes Barb, very sorry to hear. R.I.P.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Been dealing with Barb directly through Jerry's old email and she's still doing covers as previously stated in the thread.

She is currently only using Ebay since she doesnt know how to get in here but here is the email she's using for direct contact

retiredoldjd@gmail.com

Maybe a mod can update Jerry's main post since they are still very much for sale and Barb has no access.

If this seems out of line feel free to delete but we have been messaging back and forth about it for weeks.

RIP Jerry

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I contacted Barb on Etsy and had a response.  Sounds like there may be more available in a few months. I purchased an 800 cover from her back in 2018.

"Hi Perry!
Thank you for your email and sorry I was slow to respond. We live in a suburb of Dallas and we have been having ice, snow, sleet, now power, etc.!
My embroidery machine needed repair, took it in on December 17th, it needs a part which is on back order and I won't be getting it back until the beginning of March at his point!
I do not make the 1200XL but I do make the 400, check my listings on eBay around the middle of March, I hope to have my inventory stocked well again!
Take care!
Barb"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, taxman said:

Yep, love my Vectrex cover. Glad more will be coming soon.

I also have a Vectrex cover from them.  It is just the right size - fits comfortably without being too snug or too loose.

The materials and workmanship are top notch as well.

Just popping on to say they seem to be back up and running on eBay.

I nabbed a cover for my 2600. I certainly looks like it is well made and will last quite a few years. Plus, I am expecting it should a lot easier to keep clean! The few other covers I have seen are usually cloth or canvas.

Guess I will find out in a few weeks when it arrives. But the pictures on eBay certainly look great.