IGNORED

Custom Dust Covers for Classic Consoles/11/23/17 Happy Holidays!

oldjd

Extremely nice, very professional look.

Is it possible to get a breadbox cover without "64" nor "VIC-20", just the nice "C= commodore" logo?

I hope someone can lend you/donate a C64C shell, should be someone in Texas I think, so I don't have to ship one from Sweden...

Same goes for Channel F, that/those really need a dust cover, save that smoke colored plastic from scratches.

Any spare ones of those in Texas?

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

I sent an e-mail to my 95 cartridge buyers, perhaps someone more than me and my friend in New York would like to have one made for the Channel F. I have gotten one more interested at this time.

As I would like to make it as easy as possible to make this happen I leave you with this large two color Channel F logo (keep clicking until it doesn't grow any larger). A nice touch would be a red F as that's how it usually looks on the carts. If I can help in any way, just ask.

Channel_F_logo_two_colors.jpg

(Click it)

Link directly to full resolution image:

http://postimg.org/image/ytvstq86p/full/

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 1

Just like to say, i have all my consoles on nice display shelves, all fitted with Oldjd dust covers, and they look fantastic. Gives a real " Pro " look. I've gotten many nice compliments. Thanks Oldjd AND Barb of course for the great looking covers!!!!

Edited by Rik

• 2 weeks later...

See thread for special offer thru 10/31

And to answer a few questions.

1) Making covers for obscure,low popularity makes, is very difficult to do,and especially without a case to use for measuring.

As I have said in this thread,making a cover without the benefit of a case is like making drapes for a window you cannot see.Yes,measurements are helpful,but cases have little bumps,ridges,depressions which ultimately always effect the fit.

2)Suggestions are always welcome,but the same principal applies.Without the case,it is a shot in the dark.

3)Barb, is obsessed with the covers not only looking nice but also fitting well .I cannot begin to count how many covers were thrown out because she didn't like the way a stitch looked or the crease was not straight.She will not allow me to help because I do not cut the material the way she likes them.Which is why I am relegated to being the PR person ;)

4)As I have said thru-out this thread,if you wish to "donate"your console for the betterment of the gaming community.proper credit and worldwide fame for your generosity will be yours!

And finally,as always we both thank each and everyone who has made this endeavor a success!!!!

I'll try and force Atari2008 to ship you a console (shell at least) for the Fairchild...

I still wonder if it's possible to get the Commodore breadbin cover with just the "C= Commodore" logo part and not "VIC-20" or "C64" beneath it (as it's not stitched in the usual font), or will I have to buy it and then use a seam ripper to clear that part?

Yes, one of these:

P_seamripper2_0613.jpg

It wouldn't look good though with all the holes, I would want two with just the "c= (in blue and red as pictured) commodore" logo, my dear friend Atari2008 was interested in one of the others as well, we were planning on common shipping to Atari2008 and then I'll see if I can find a Fairchild machine on eBay to ship your way.

Maybe I'll start to bother you with one for Videobrain as well... are there any more obscure ones? ;-)

I just bought a Channel F to ship, I and I guess mostly the seller is just waiting to get a delivery address... He can keep it. Plastic cover for the Channel F shouldn't be crucial to the dust cover design.

If it could just be shipped then you can make a cover if you like or if you have the time, no strings attached.

Do not have covers for the Sears Video Arcade yet.

I did notice that the Sears console(beige color) is a bit taller then the original Master

Intellivision console.And as noted in previous comments,there just is not sufficient demand to make them-yet-.

And as an opportunity to bump the thread,check out the new covers for:

NES 101

Sega 16 bit

Mattel Aquarius

...........and yes coming soon,thanks to a couple of members ;-) the Fairchild System

• 1 month later...

Got my delivery from my dear friend Atari2008.

Beautiful, wonderful, well packed and fits very well, I asked especially to get just the commodore-logo without anything extra:

IMG_4056.jpg

Corners are a little pointy, it could use a cut in each corner to get a flap in the back if you wanted to use it with a hooked up (but turned off) computer. Possibly a rounded cutout like other dustcovers. Like this monitor cover: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/173745-which-12-inch-atari-monitor-is-this-dust-cover-supposed-to-fit/

I'm guessing the little oily petroleum smell will wear off eventually.

I like Barb's signature on the inside!

• 4 weeks later...