IGNORED

Best FTP site for ST disk images

Grig

OK, so I got my 520ST up and running (thanks Apolloboy!!!). I'm not new to the Atari scene but I'm new to the ST scene. I am using FLOIMG with XP. What is the best FTP site for good working NTSC ST images? I've tried a few but all of the images seem to either freeze up the ST or the screen image is off (I'm guessing those are PAL games?). Anyway, thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Currently, site with most of ST floppy images: http://www.thegamearchives.com .

About PAL vs. NTSC images: We call them rather 50 or 60Hz ones. And most of games will work on both.

The reasons for freezing can be many: TOS version, insufficient RAM (game needs 1MB min), bad floppies, etc.

You should expand RAM to 1MB at least - but with 520 ST it is not easy, for sure. Then checking is your monitor/TV capable to work at 50Hz (PAL). Then can use some simple proggy to switch ST on 50Hz mode before starting games - those which work not at 60Hz.

• 1 year later...

thegamearchives is one nasty website! It has tried to crash chrome, started opening these other windows for adds that brought my PC to a crawl, and completely crashed IE. I sense a lot of malware going on there

Yes, they made some changes recently, and now it triggers too much pop-up windows. Still, with Firefox is well usable.

• 4 years later...

Even in the year 2018 the site is still up and operational. I am downloading a bunch of Atari stuff for my emulator to use. I really really do appreciate you posting this. I was looking for .IMG files but ended up finding this. I will be exploring it and having more fun.

Looks like The Hang Loose archive has over gone some changes in the past year.

It is till up though, and an excellent resource.

http://www.climatics.com/

• Like 1