IGNORED

WTF is going on here?

SoulBlazer

Not at all mad. No reason to be. Only fanboys would get mad in this thread. Funny that you should ask, because it's your sensitivities that appeared to be titillated earler, when you said....

.....to which I replied.....

.....and you reply with an animated GIF, rather than address the questions. LOL. Perhaps you've been silenced, which is perfect. :)

There's really no "hating" in this thread.... it's just a game console. Why would anybody hate a game console? There's just an honest debate amongst mostly-reasonable people, and a slight peppering of the thread with a couple of titillated fanboys. :)

post-29419-0-16090600-1348357191_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mxyzptlk

I think it's left over anger from finding out the Jag isn't really 64-bit, but just 2 32-bit processors running in parallel :) I will second what Sauron said. I have had my Jag since 1995, and the scene has never been any different. SSDD - same s**t, different decade.

Like others have said, there are a LOT of reasons, mostly though I think it's becuase Jaguar owners have had to be on the defensive for the console since the beginning, and dis-information EXACTLY like what Stephen wrote here is the proof for the defensivness. I'm suprised that Stephen is spreading this disinformation still, being an owner since 1995. Stephen, you better read the jag specs again, it is much more than just 2 32-bit processors in parallel, and yes, it does piss me off when I see disinformation like this to this day.

The Jaguar isn't all Atari claimed it to be, which started it all, but it's far more than what Stephen still claims it is...

Edited by Gunstar

Never mind the rotating cube ... change the "startup sound" to something that doesn't sound like a flushing toilet!
:lol:

That's all I will ever be able to think now when I turn on the system.

Actually, I rarely hear the Jaguar "startup sound" anymore, because I usually use mine with the JagCD attached. So, depending on whether you have a JagCD, the Jaguar either looks like a toilet or sounds like one. Either way, not so good.

• Like 1

I think everybody in this thread deserves a "64-bit kiss" - from this chick.....powerful, and good enough to last a long time (however that is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dmZ0LXUVlQ&t=4m50s

(you'll have to manually drag the slider to 4m:50s to see the kiss. For some reason the old trick to link to a specific time (&t=4m50s) doesn't work in an embedded video)

• Like 1

Stephen, you better read the jag specs again, it is much more than just 2 32-bit processors in parallel, and yes, it does piss me off when I see disinformation like this to this day.

The Jaguar isn't all Atari claimed it to be, which started it all, but it's far more than what Stephen still claims it is...

Stephen was clearly making a funny :lol: Another reason why things kick off in forums of any sort - simple misunderstandings.

• Like 2

Do you think that people who own one of the Jaguar VR helmets sit and polish their helmet? I mean, it is exciting to own one. I should think really exciting. Enough to polish your helmet, and take good care of it. This thread is like polishing a helmet. It has to come to an end too.

I can confirm that I never polished big blue when it was in my hands! I'm pretty sure it's had some Italian polish since then ;)

I think everybody in this thread deserves a "64-bit kiss" - from this chick.....powerful, and good enough to last a long time (however that is)

I dont think I could have handled that kiss; me being still stuck at 16 bits and all, I am sure my blast processing would have engaged at that moment!