IGNORED

WTF is going on here?

SoulBlazer

Heh! Well, I've been an Atari guy since I got a 400 (with a 410 cassette drive) back in the day. I've owned/still own 8-bits, STs, the Portfolio, Lynx, Jaguar, and even a couple of Pongs. And I look at it as a hobby... cuz, y'know, the devil never offered me any beer. Who's to say I'm not thirsty?

This is NOT a hobby. THIS is our life, our soul, without it, we are lost, in the dark room of our souls, awaiting for the devil to come by and pay us a beer.

But last time I asked him, he could only afford a Valstar, so I threw him away and bought for myself a pint of Guinness.

I wonder what a truly Atari world would look like. Probably SeaQuest DSV would've been rendered by a cluster of Falcon + Jags. I'd be typing this on a Firebee.

I usually stay out of these kinds of threads and I know nobody has posted in it in a couple of days, but I wanted to give my two cents.

To wood_jl, when you are discussing something with someone and your response it to "grow up" or leave it to the "big boys" when they don't agree with you I usually accept that to mean that whoever said it is a troll. If anytime someone disagrees with you, you automatically think they are just not mature enough to see your side of things, then you probably need to learn to accept that mature and intelligent people can disagree on things.

To Austin, I know you like the Jaguar and we have had plenty of cordial exchanges over the years, but I really can't remember the last time I saw you post something positive about the Jaguar. Maybe you do all the time and I'm just not seeing them, but it seems that you only post negative things about the Jaguar lately.

To lots of you out there, I see people post stuff like "if you say you like the Jaguar's controller you are just a blind fanboy" quite a bit. The controller is not the only Jaguar item that gets this treatment, but it is the one I see the most. I love the Jaguar controller, I think it is a great size, I like the feel, I like the keypad, and I've never had a problem with the D-pad. The only real downside is the fact that it has only three face buttons. I can't believe Atari released a controller in 1993 with only three action buttons.

But, like I said the controller is not the only thing that gets treated that way and that is what annoys me the most. I see gamers all the time make some kind of statement like that and they are completely oblivious to the fact that it is possible for someone to like, or even love, something they don't. The Jaguar is probably my favorite system of all time. Do I think it is the best system of all time? No, of course not, but it is the system that gets the most play from me. And it's not like I have a narrow video game experience, I've been gaming since the 2600, and at various times consoles from Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft have all been my favorite of the time.

I just keep coming back to the Jaguar. I still play my other systems quite frequently, I tend to get in a system "mood" where I play one system like crazy for a while, but the I'm in the mood for the Jaguar more than the other systems.

So there is my two cents. Hopefully I have helped some people understand why some Jaguar fans like myself get a little tired of hearing the Jaguar trashed all the time. And one more thing, just because you say you are not trashing the Jaguar, doesn't mean you aren't. I see people say I'm not picking on the Jaguar and then got on to trash it thoroughly. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions (which are admittedly typing WORDS) say you don't like the Jaguar.

• Like 2

To wood_jl, when you are discussing something with someone and your response it to "grow up" or leave it to the "big boys" when they don't agree with you I usually accept that to mean that whoever said it is a troll. If anytime someone disagrees with you, you automatically think they are just not mature enough to see your side of things, then you probably need to learn to accept that mature and intelligent people can disagree on things.

To what are you referring? "Grow up" and "act like big boys" means to continue to discuss the subject, rationally. When the other party resorted to name-calling, it was then that I suggested that they "grow up and act like like and adult." It has nothing to do with whether or not we agree, it has everything to do with the other party stooping to name-calling, at which point reasoning has ceased. It seemed pretty fucking obvious, but thanks for the attempted "life lesson."

To Austin, I know you like the Jaguar and we have had plenty of cordial exchanges over the years, but I really can't remember the last time I saw you post something positive about the Jaguar. Maybe you do all the time and I'm just not seeing them, but it seems that you only post negative things about the Jaguar lately.

I don't blame you if that's how you perceive it, but to be truthful, I thoroughly enjoy the Jaguar.

Some people on this forum tend to group the Jaguar with systems like the SNES, Genesis, and even the PlayStation and Saturn, and then say it's "better". Anyone that has had any kind of in-depth experience with either of those later platforms, knows that the Jaguar being "superior" in terms of an overall games library is a complete fallacy.

The problem I see is that people deep within this scene over-hype the Jaguar. Perhaps it's fanboys stuck in the past, or perhaps it's people that stuck with this system from the beginning that never tried the competition. Or maybe it's people that even accepted the competition, but despite the examples, they blindly approve of the Jag as being the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The point is, the preference of 60+ games (with probably less than half of them being "decent"), compared to 700+ on competing platforms, makes absolutely no sense at all, and to me, wreaks more of ignorance than anything else.

I remember a couple of months ago you asked in the HSC why people didn't like Trevor McFur. The answer is: Play a lot of other shoot 'em ups on other platforms, and the answer should be pretty clear. The same analogy exists for the Jaguar platform as a whole. It's a cool system for the time, but it's limited in scope and has very little in quantity in comparison to even competing platforms at the time.

It's about seeing the Jaguar realistically. I'm not being negative in my perspective--I'm being realistic. There are plenty of games I like (and love) on the Jaguar. But I'm not going to let that outshine what I like (and love) on competing platforms. For every game I thoroughly like on the Jaguar, I can name at least two or three in comparison on the Saturn and PlayStation. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

The basis is due to some emotional (you KNOW it's not based on reason) attachment to the Jag, and the Atari name. Lots of people (including me) were *seriously* wanting Atari to reclaim the glory of the 2600 days, when Atari was on top, and the de-facto standard in gaming. I wanted NOTHING MORE for this to actually happen. Well, it didn't. I don't care what anybody says individually, but the game library - for the most part - sucked. I'd rather play Mortal Kombat II on the SNES than Kasumi Ninja. I'd rather play Virtua Racing on the Genesis than Club Drive on the Jag. I'd already had my fill of Mario Kart when Atari Karts arrived. I am as big of an Atari fan as there is, but it was pretty clear that with the library this thing had, there was NO WAY IN HELL this thing was going to reclaim the Atari glory days, and of course it did not. Tempest 2000 alone wasn't going to do it. FINE. I was good with that, and I moved on, and played Donkey Kong Country on SNES, Tekken on PS1, and Sega Rally on Saturn. I don't give a rat's ass about "how many bits is this or that." I just want great games, and I didn't get much of that with the Jag. I did, with other consoles. I don't give a crap about why - I'm just saying that I did.

Some people just can't deal with it. Hence, the attitudes. Some say the Jag was a difficult system to develop for. If that's true, then I admire Jag programmers even more. Hats off to the technically-minded who accept and contend with a challenge. To those who are merely gamers and fanboys: grow up. It's just a game console. It's merely entertainment. It's not worth getting panties in a wad over. This suggestion will be rejected, however. Hence the first sentence in this reply.

To what are you referring? "Grow up" and "act like big boys" means to continue to discuss the subject, rationally. When the other party resorted to name-calling, it was then that I suggested that they "grow up and act like like and adult." It has nothing to do with whether or not we agree, it has everything to do with the other party stooping to name-calling, at which point reasoning has ceased. It seemed pretty fucking obvious, but thanks for the attempted "life lesson."

So you say you only told people to "grow up" when they started the name calling, yet you said it in your very first post in this thread. Now this could be some carry over from another thread, but it looks to me that you came in and in your very first post in the thread you told people your opinion and that if they didn't agree with you then they are only thinking with emotion and should grow up.

Please correct me if I somehow misinterpreted your use of "grow up."

P.S. I love the language, it really screams "I'm discussing this rationally."

I don't blame you if that's how you perceive it, but to be truthful, I thoroughly enjoy the Jaguar.

Some people on this forum tend to group the Jaguar with systems like the SNES, Genesis, and even the PlayStation and Saturn, and then say it's "better". Anyone that has had any kind of in-depth experience with either of those later platforms, knows that the Jaguar being "superior" in terms of an overall games library is a complete fallacy.

The problem I see is that people deep within this scene over-hype the Jaguar. Perhaps it's fanboys stuck in the past, or perhaps it's people that stuck with this system from the beginning that never tried the competition. Or maybe it's people that even accepted the competition, but despite the examples, they blindly approve of the Jag as being the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The point is, the preference of 60+ games (with probably less than half of them being "decent"), compared to 700+ on competing platforms, makes absolutely no sense at all, and to me, wreaks more of ignorance than anything else.

I remember a couple of months ago you asked in the HSC why people didn't like Trevor McFur. The answer is: Play a lot of other shoot 'em ups on other platforms, and the answer should be pretty clear. The same analogy exists for the Jaguar platform as a whole. It's a cool system for the time, but it's limited in scope and has very little in quantity in comparison to even competing platforms at the time.

It's about seeing the Jaguar realistically. I'm not being negative in my perspective--I'm being realistic. There are plenty of games I like (and love) on the Jaguar. But I'm not going to let that outshine what I like (and love) on competing platforms. For every game I thoroughly like on the Jaguar, I can name at least two or three in comparison on the Saturn and PlayStation. :thumbsup:

See this is what I was talking about when I said some people just cannot accept that other people can like/love a game that they don't. When I read your response it says to me that you just cannot understand someone thinking Trevor McFur is just as good as say R-Type. I really enjoy Trevor McFur, just as much as some of the shoot'em ups that are accepted as being "great." I'll give you an example of me not liking a game some people think is really good. I know some people, one guy in particular, who really like I-War ;) and I don't. I'm sure these people have played plenty of 3D vehicular/flying games and that there is just something about this game they really enjoy that I just don't get.

Like I said earlier, the Jaguar is my favorite system of all-time. Would I say it is the best system? No, but no matter how much more superior the SNES, Genesis, Saturn, or Playstation libraries are, they still don't compare to the Jaguar TO ME. Again, this is the part people cannot get over, they just cannot fathom someone liking the Jaguar more than those other systems. Instead of accepting it, they instead tell people to stop thinking with emotion or nostalgia so they can see the light. Unfortunately for them I can see the light and it doesn't change my opinion and feelings about the Jaguar.

What if we are in the Matrix... & playing the Jag is like, taking the red pill.... Only then can we see how far the rabbit hole goes...

I'm so out of the loop on the system, and quite frankly this pissing match of thread is pretty fun to read..

Only Doom is real. (the only game I own for the system HAHA!)

I very recently played the McFur for the first time (after this thread started, actually). I guess I got it a good bit ago in a lot with games that I wanted to play worse and I ignored it. I wasn't expecting it to be a shooter. I really thought it would be a platformer or something.

I can normally put myself in people's shoes for a bit and find something that they could like about the title, but with McFur I just can't. Maybe I lack the required level of empathy. It's a trend that actually carries over to other areas of the Jag too--my brain is simply unable to go to the place it needs to be to find value in mcfur. Shooters, to me, are all about layers of polished gameplay, and McFur feels like something on a freeware site labeled 'My First Game, plz download.' Musha and Lightening Force were both out by 1993, it's not as if the limits of technology had the 2d shooter bar set low during that period.

McFur reminds me that I haven't yet purchased Raiden. I need to fix that. It looks pretty darn solid, and I am on a 'Jag kick' thanks largely to this thread.

Edited by Reaperman

Thumbs up to jeremiah jt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sometimes it seems that people are not allowed to talk anymore about their passion for the Atari Jaguar, without receiving constant critisism etc.

I find this strange, considering that this is the "Atari Jaguar forum" at Atari Age.

If there is one place where I should be able to talk free and open minded about this console, then it would be at this place!

I don't wear pink glasses, I know the pro's and con's of the Jaguar and it's games, and I'm okay with that, but I like this system for my own reasons :)

I also like my Dreamcast, and my Mega CD, and my N64, and my PS1, with their pro's and con's, and I'm okay with that too.

But if I want to talk about one of these consoles in particular, then I'll visit one of the dedicated forums, where people share their passion for that console.

Here in the Jaguar forum, it sometimes seems difficult to do that.

Edited by Isgoed
  • Like 3

WTF is going on here?

Well, it's like this:

autism5.jpg

BTW, no insult intended towards either community, neither jag nor 'tist, but you gotta admit that the acrostic describes the Jaguar & that there are hints of the 'tism in the level of fanaticism that sometimes appears.

Edited by Rex Dart
  • Like 1

I usually stay out of these kinds of threads and I know nobody has posted in it in a couple of days, but I wanted to give my two cents.

Ok, if you're going to back up to the beginning of the thread, then I'll back up, to your [late to the game] first post. What you're saying here is that you usually stay out of these threads (which begs the question why you're here), but you believe that we're all in "for a treat" because you decided to violate your stated principle of staying out of these threads? Seriously, what is that the reader is to infer, from this statement. My inference is that you believe you're presenting us with a "real, special" treat with your commentary. HA HA! I submit to you that your ramblings are nothing more than the ongoing fanboy-rants that the original poster was referencing, when this thread was created. Your position, your arguments, and your fervor are exactly what he was talking about. The fact is you're late, and you're wasting people's time digging up shit that's been hashed-over, several days ago. Fortunately, this is all entertainment (not really that important, in the scope of all things general), so time-wasted is somewhat mitigated, by virtue that it is set aside for such. Arguing with fanboys is only so much fun, however, so please forgive me if I duck out of this conversation after this post (or maybe not) because I do have other things to do. I mean, even when budgeting my entertainment time, I prefer to play worthwhile games on worthwhile systems, the fact that that concept may be alien to you, notwithstanding.

That's proof right there that you're merely another fanboy, the type that begged the original question that inspired this thread. It's important that things "positive" about the Jaguar be posted? It's important that negative things not be posted? How about the truth? I know that's a challenging concept for fanboys, hence your frustrations. Heh heh.

To lots of you out there, I see people post stuff like "if you say you like the Jaguar's controller you are just a blind fanboy" quite a bit. The controller is not the only Jaguar item that gets this treatment, but it is the one I see the most. I love the Jaguar controller, I think it is a great size, I like the feel, I like the keypad, and I've never had a problem with the D-pad. The only real downside is the fact that it has only three face buttons. I can't believe Atari released a controller in 1993 with only three action buttons.

I didn't understand the 3-buttons (and no shoulder buttons) configuration, myself. I object to those who claim it totally sucks, because it's still comfortable to hold in your hand, unlike earlier systems. But 3 years after the Super Nintendo, with 4 face buttons and shoulder buttons, and still years after the Genesis updated to 6 buttons? Definitely one for the "What were they thinking?" dept.

The Jaguar is probably my favorite system of all time. Do I think it is the best system of all time? No, of course not, but it is the system that gets the most play from me. And it's not like I have a narrow video game experience, I've been gaming since the 2600, and at various times consoles from Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft have all been my favorite of the time.

Don't look now, but you're sounding more and more like a fanboy.

I just keep coming back to the Jaguar. I still play my other systems quite frequently, I tend to get in a system "mood" where I play one system like crazy for a while, but the I'm in the mood for the Jaguar more than the other systems.

See what I mean? You almost have my sympathy. Some people (select group of delusional Whackos, no doubt) think the Yugo is the finest automobile, ever created. It's not kind to disparage the mentally-challenged, so I won't. I offer sympathy.

So there is my two cents. Hopefully I have helped some people understand why some Jaguar fans like myself get a little tired of hearing the Jaguar trashed all the time.

How is pointing out that system has a lackluster library trashing the system, when in fact it has a lackluster library? It's not. Only in the view of a fanboy (established above) would it be. Trashing the system would be just implying that it sucks, for no particular reason. Saying the system sucks because it has a lackluster library isn't trashing the system, if indeed the library is lackluster. Can-you-follow-that-logic?

And one more thing, just because you say you are not trashing the Jaguar, doesn't mean you aren't. I see people say I'm not picking on the Jaguar and then got on to trash it thoroughly. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions (which are admittedly typing WORDS) say you don't like the Jaguar.

The Jaguar is an inanimate object. It's just a game console (not a remarkable one in the grand scheme of things, as history has demonstrated), and as a game console, it's a subset of "entertainment." That's all it is! If you want to become passionate about something, why not choose politics or religion? You can't do that here (such topics are forbidden, although I hear there's a "hidden" politics/religion forum on AtariAge), and although I tend to [understandably] avoid such discussion, I respect the kool-aid drinkers and ideologues who fixate on politics and religion, because those topics (while full of misinformation and fanboyism) are - ultimately - much more important than a fucking game console. Please, put things in proper perspective. It's just a game console, son.

So you say you only told people to "grow up" when they started the name calling, yet you said it in your very first post in this thread. Now this could be some carry over from another thread, but it looks to me that you came in and in your very first post in the thread you told people your opinion and that if they didn't agree with you then they are only thinking with emotion and should grow up.

Don't look now, but you're the one who is all pumped up because somebody criticized a game console that had nothing to do with you. If that's the basis I use for advising someone to "grow up," then I stand by it. Read my previous paragraph, s-l-o-w-l-y.

No, you haven't misinterpreted it. Obviously, you haven't implemented it, either. It's just a game console. There are many more important issues in this world to become passionate about.

You're welcome! It was intended for emphasis. I really fucking meant that shit!

• Like 3

I keep asking myself what the argument is here. The Jaguar is what it is. You wouldn't ask a camel if it could be a dog. You wouldn't ask a snake to be a trombone. You can find similarities in everything if you try hard enough, but history has spoken. Jaguar isn't Saturn, Playstation, or even Neo Geo. It didn't want to be, it didn't try to be. Either love it or leave it for what it was and still is. What it means personally to you, can be different for each person. For me it takes me back to a time in my life that held allot of changes. The memories and nostalgia are more important than the prowess of the machinery.

• Like 7

I keep asking myself what the argument is here. The Jaguar is what it is. You wouldn't ask a camel if it could be a dog. You wouldn't ask a snake to be a trombone. You can find similarities in everything if you try hard enough, but history has spoken. Jaguar isn't Saturn, Playstation, or even Neo Geo. It didn't want to be, it didn't try to be. Either love it or leave it for what it was and still is. What it means personally to you, can be different for each person. For me it takes me back to a time in my life that held allot of changes. The memories and nostalgia are more important than the prowess of the machinery.

Dang... that guy said it just like I would have. So articulate... you can tell it was the first post of the day before his meds kicked in.

• Like 4

Ok, if you're going to back up to the beginning of the thread, then I'll back up, to your [late to the game] first post. What you're saying here is that you usually stay out of these threads (which begs the question why you're here), but you believe that we're all in "for a treat" because you decided to violate your stated principle of staying out of these threads? Seriously, what is that the reader is to infer, from this statement. My inference is that you believe you're presenting us with a "real, special" treat with your commentary. HA HA! I submit to you that your ramblings are nothing more than the ongoing fanboy-rants that the original poster was referencing, when this thread was created. Your position, your arguments, and your fervor are exactly what he was talking about. The fact is you're late, and you're wasting people's time digging up shit that's been hashed-over, several days ago. Fortunately, this is all entertainment (not really that important, in the scope of all things general), so time-wasted is somewhat mitigated, by virtue that it is set aside for such. Arguing with fanboys is only so much fun, however, so please forgive me if I duck out of this conversation after this post (or maybe not) because I do have other things to do. I mean, even when budgeting my entertainment time, I prefer to play worthwhile games on worthwhile systems, the fact that that concept may be alien to you, notwithstanding.

I never thought I was giving anybody a "treat" but, I did think I was giving some people an insight into a Jaguar fan's mind that they might not have had before. The reason I mentioned that I usually stay out of these threads was so that people wouldn't think that this was the same old stuff they've heard before, at least not from me. From your last sentence I am to understand that you believe the Jaguar is not a "worthwhile" system and that it has no "worthwhile" games for it?

That's proof right there that you're merely another fanboy, the type that begged the original question that inspired this thread. It's important that things "positive" about the Jaguar be posted? It's important that negative things not be posted? How about the truth? I know that's a challenging concept for fanboys, hence your frustrations. Heh heh.

I never said negative things should never be posted, I was just stating that I have not seen any positive comments regarding the Jaguar from somebody I know is a fan of the system. You read much more from that statement than there actually was.

I didn't understand the 3-buttons (and no shoulder buttons) configuration, myself. I object to those who claim it totally sucks, because it's still comfortable to hold in your hand, unlike earlier systems. But 3 years after the Super Nintendo, with 4 face buttons and shoulder buttons, and still years after the Genesis updated to 6 buttons? Definitely one for the "What were they thinking?" dept.

Agreed.

The Jaguar is probably my favorite system of all time. Do I think it is the best system of all time? No, of course not, but it is the system that gets the most play from me. And it's not like I have a narrow video game experience, I've been gaming since the 2600, and at various times consoles from Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft have all been my favorite of the time.

Don't look now, but you're sounding more and more like a fanboy.

Why, because the Jaguar is my favorite system of all-time? I'm not trying to convince anyone the Jaguar is better than the SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Playstation, or even the 3DO. All I'm saying is that the Jaguar is my personal favorite. I know it can't stack up with those other systems when it comes to game libraries, but I get more enjoyment out of the Jaguar than out of those other systems.

See what I mean? You almost have my sympathy. Some people (select group of delusional Whackos, no doubt) think the Yugo is the finest automobile, ever created. It's not kind to disparage the mentally-challenged, so I won't. I offer sympathy.

Wow, now you are calling the people that don't agree with the super-mature and impossibly-intelligent wood_jl "mentally-challenged."

So there is my two cents. Hopefully I have helped some people understand why some Jaguar fans like myself get a little tired of hearing the Jaguar trashed all the time.

How is pointing out that system has a lackluster library trashing the system, when in fact it has a lackluster library? It's not. Only in the view of a fanboy (established above) would it be. Trashing the system would be just implying that it sucks, for no particular reason. Saying the system sucks because it has a lackluster library isn't trashing the system, if indeed the library is lackluster. Can-you-follow-that-logic?

Sure I can follow that logic, can you understand that I don't think the library is lackluster? There are quite a few Jaguar games that I really like and I probably enjoy about 75% of the library if not more. You think the library is lackluster, I do not. I accept your opinion, but the problem comes from you not accepting mine. You cannot accept a person's differing opinion about a postion that you feel so strongly about.

And one more thing, just because you say you are not trashing the Jaguar, doesn't mean you aren't. I see people say I'm not picking on the Jaguar and then got on to trash it thoroughly. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions (which are admittedly typing WORDS) say you don't like the Jaguar.

The Jaguar is an inanimate object. It's just a game console (not a remarkable one in the grand scheme of things, as history has demonstrated), and as a game console, it's a subset of "entertainment." That's all it is! If you want to become passionate about something, why not choose politics or religion? You can't do that here (such topics are forbidden, although I hear there's a "hidden" politics/religion forum on AtariAge), and although I tend to [understandably] avoid such discussion, I respect the kool-aid drinkers and ideologues who fixate on politics and religion, because those topics (while full of misinformation and fanboyism) are - ultimately - much more important than a fucking game console. Please, put things in proper perspective. It's just a game console, son.

Do I have a finite amount of passion, or a limited number of things I can be passionate about? I don't think being passionate about the Jaguar means I have less passion to give to politics or that I now don't have enough passion "slots" to be passionate about religion. I never said a game console was more important thing anything else, I think a have a completely healthy perspective on it. Why did you insist on the name-calling? Calling me "son" does not make people think that you are the mature and older poster trying to teach the young immature one something.

Don't look now, but you're the one who is all pumped up because somebody criticized a game console that had nothing to do with you. If that's the basis I use for advising someone to "grow up," then I stand by it. Read my previous paragraph, s-l-o-w-l-y.

Actually from reading your posts I believe you are more "pumped up" about the subject than me. It almost seems that you dislike the Jaguar more than I like it. Again another personal shot thrown in there for good measure.

No, you haven't misinterpreted it. Obviously, you haven't implemented it, either. It's just a game console. There are many more important issues in this world to become passionate about.

I am passionate about many other issues besides the Jaguar. My passion for the Jaguar does not affect my passion for the other issues.

You're welcome! It was intended for emphasis. I really fucking meant that shit!

Emphasis undrstood.

• Like 4

The Jaguar is my favorite game console as well, because it has a few of my favorite games ever on it, that I can play near constantly without boredom. Unfortunately there's a ton of ignorant shit that goes along with being a fan of the Jaguar, like the inference that we all must think that Checkered Flag and Club Drive are better than any PS1 and Saturn game or something. Also there's this belief that Jaguar fans only play Jaguar games, like we don't own any other video games except Jaguar. I'm sure there might be one guy out there like this, but step back and realize that having a favorite console doesn't make it a person's exclusive system. Maybe some of us don't feel the need to constantly prove our 'street cred' with the hip rational crowd by adding a caveat about how bad Club Drive is before we write about how fun T2K is. But it's true that here, when someone writes something positive about a Jaguar game, there's a good chance that some ignorant asshat will be here to remind everyone how bad Checkered Flag was, and that the whole console sucks because of Checkered Flag or some other ignorant shit.

There's always been tons of ignorant hypocrisy and double standards around the Jaguar, it's controller and it's games both in the gaming press and in gamer forums for it's whole life. The ignorance will never end.

• Like 1

The Jaguar is my favorite game console as well, because it has a few of my favorite games ever on it, that I can play near constantly without boredom. Unfortunately there's a ton of ignorant shit that goes along with being a fan of the Jaguar, like the inference that we all must think that Checkered Flag and Club Drive are better than any PS1 and Saturn game or something. Also there's this belief that Jaguar fans only play Jaguar games, like we don't own any other video games except Jaguar. I'm sure there might be one guy out there like this, but step back and realize that having a favorite console doesn't make it a person's exclusive system. Maybe some of us don't feel the need to constantly prove our 'street cred' with the hip rational crowd by adding a caveat about how bad Club Drive is before we write about how fun T2K is. But it's true that here, when someone writes something positive about a Jaguar game, there's a good chance that some ignorant asshat will be here to remind everyone how bad Checkered Flag was, and that the whole console sucks because of Checkered Flag or some other ignorant shit.

There's always been tons of ignorant hypocrisy and double standards around the Jaguar, it's controller and it's games both in the gaming press and in gamer forums for it's whole life. The ignorance will never end.

:thumbsup: Great post.
  • Like 1