IGNORED

Angry Birds running on Genesis

ComputerSpaceFan

Wow this is pretty impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_pUkjeHGQ&feature=player_embedded

And I tried the bin file, it totally works! This is legit.

How to find it? Well someone was selling it with a box and everything.

original.jpg

But when I followed the link, I was taken to this forum for downloading the bin. Admittedly several of the links didn't work. But I finally found it downloadable here. Enjoy!

• Like 9

Thanks a million for sharing this ComputerSpaceFan! I joined the forum in your post and posted a link to this forum over there. It would be great to get some Genesis homebrews going here on our Genesis sub-forum!

What? My Oddball game doesn't count? :P

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/198293-good-oddball-games-on-genesis/page__st__25#entry2552271

Looks very cool theloon, I'll be trying out your Oddball tonight!

Thanks for the compliment. I was actually joking around. STILL, that "game" was done on less than an hours worth of lunch break. Think of what can be done if more than an hour is put in! I say we make a Genesis programming sub-section and start kicking out AtariAge homebrew!

The skills learned in BatariBASIC can be carried over to BasiEgaXorz for sure!

• Like 2

Thanks for the compliment. I was actually joking around. STILL, that "game" was done on less than an hours worth of lunch break. Think of what can be done if more than an hour is put in! I say we make a Genesis programming sub-section and start kicking out AtariAge homebrew!

The skills learned in BatariBASIC can be carried over to BasiEgaXorz for sure!

theloon, would you consider porting a classic arcade game to the Genesis? Say Galaga? I am talking a spot of Arcade port. You could become a Rock Star here in the Sega Genesis forum if you did.

theloon, would you consider porting a classic arcade game to the Genesis? Say Galaga? I am talking a spot of Arcade port. You could become a Rock Star here in the Sega Genesis forum if you did.

I could whip up an Arcade style game. I'll post the project in this section. Stay tuned for details.

Edited by theloon

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see the iOS and cell phones of today are running on at best 16-bit comparible technology :)... Maybe I'll have to try my programming here, who knows, bringing INTV's version of BurgerTime! to the Genny :)

I know you're trying to be ironic but if you know how to use MS Basic and PRINT statements you could easily make a Genesis Burgertime like on the Spectrum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrtZJ1VNbw

Although, with just a little more BASIC knowledge you could actually use sprites instead of text characters with modified bitmaps :)

Here is an example of 99 bottles of beer in BEX

http://99-bottles-of...gaxorz-680.html

Edited by theloon

Nice to see the iOS and cell phones of today are running on at best 16-bit comparible technology :)... Maybe I'll have to try my programming here, who knows, bringing INTV's version of BurgerTime! to the Genny :)

An Arcade port of Burgertime would be much coller IMO.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update. Original port person on forum replied Feb 15, 2013 about the demo's initialisation code.

So maybe work on this continues?

I was a douchebag and asked for news, progress. Original port person is in China and may not understand much English, but I wanted to express my desire for this, so I asked.

I don't want to play Angry Birds on anything BUT Sega Genesis! ( And I haven't ever played it on anything but Sega Genesis! )

• 2 months later...