IGNORED

WM's Magical Game Factory: ProjectY for Mega Drive/Genesis

108 Stars

4 hours ago, Jopievenom said:

Main website is closed. For a while now.

www.magicalgamefactory.com

Again there is more discussion over at Sega-16. From what has been told to other now, is that Fonzie is no longer interested in the software side of things and is more looking into hardware stuff going forward. But that is supposed to be after Paprium is done and released. But yes, the website has been down for 'main't for several weeks now I think and most over at Sega-16 feel there isn't much else to discuss nor expect on this project.

• 7 months later...
On 4/1/2020 at 11:58 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Was anyone able to get their money back?!  Crazy.....and this is why i don't pre-order anymore. 

Some were able to get refunds back when the first website etc was still active. But I don't think the email or anything else is even active to try and submit refunds at this point...

On 4/7/2020 at 8:13 AM, Тимур Лязгиев said:

My money was not returned, even on request in 2018. =(

Yeah, I've written mine off at this point. It has just made me that more cautious about supporting upcoming homebrews in general with money upfront over the past 2 years since this whole Paprium ordeal started. I basically don't even consider it until there is a working demo of the game available to try and not just some provided video footage of the supposed WIP in action because as Paprium shows, that can't be faked or done in other means to look legit when in fact, it really isn't.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:58 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Was anyone able to get their money back?!  Crazy.....and this is why i don't pre-order anymore. 

Hey Rick,

I'm still waiting for NGDEVTEAM to release the Neo-Geo AES version of Kraut Buster 1st print. 5 years later still nothing yet.  :|

Anthony..

• Sad 1

• 8 months later...

Posted by Luis Martins to Twitter. Could it actually be happening? People are commenting that they're getting emails about validating addresses.

https://twitter.com/XLuis__MartinsX/status/1338239223506341892

Looks like Watermelon's website is back up as well. Paprium has a 12-16 release date on the site. They have preorders open for a classic edition at $130 and a limited edition at $170. Pretty sure I paid something like $80-$100 when I preordered years ago, and that included a limited comic book (or something like that).

https://www.magicalgamefactory.com/

UPDATE:

I went to the Watermelon site, logged in, and the Paprium Limited Edition and the manga were in my cart. I went through the checkout process (there was a $0 charge associated with the items in my cart), added my address, and now my order shows as complete on the Watermelon site.

So ... this may actually be happening.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Yeap I just completed the process myself. I only thought to look because I saw it being mentioned at the Sega-16 website. So I checked an older and not used email and sure enough... there was my complete my order request. However, I have heard also that apparently the game has compatibility issues with earlier model 1 systems! 

12 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeap I just completed the process myself. I only thought to look because I saw it being mentioned at the Sega-16 website. So I checked an older and not used email and sure enough... there was my complete my order request. However, I have heard also that apparently the game has compatibility issues with earlier model 1 systems! 

Good thing most of us have multiple models and possibly multiples of each!

Yes, but I only have 1 model 2 unit that I know works properly. I never use it because I've always preferred the styling and audio output on the earlier model 1 units. My two favorite ones in my Genesis/Megadrive collection are my daily driver and heavily modified va 2 model 1 Genesis, and my all stock va3 JPN megadrive I keep in a hard shell case. That JPN one especially puts out a very nice picture and the audio from it is also excellent as well although it is as I stated, all stock with nothing having been done to it. I suspect that the fact the JPN models do NOT have an RF modulator in them could be part of the reason for the better picture since there are differences in the board design because of this.

I only have my childhood model 1, and I haven't checked the serial number to see if it may one that is affected.

I wonder if this is the same issue they had with Sacred Line - Genesis. If so, that issue could be resolved by using a Game Genie. No codes were required—just using the Game Genie between the Genesis and the cart allowed it to load.

20 hours ago, chicgamer said:

I wonder if this is the same issue they had with Sacred Line - Genesis. If so, that issue could be resolved by using a Game Genie. No codes were required—just using the Game Genie between the Genesis and the cart allowed it to load.

Ah yes the EA Game Genie trick, that was the only way I could get Zany Golf and Budokan to work on a Genesis for my model 1.

I however normally use a Sega CDX for my genny fix and I have to wonder if it will have an issue with it.  Well whenever it arrives I will give it a boot.

• Like 1

Sega-16 has quite the new discussion thread taking place about it now including some pretty kick butt pics of the actual cart and the monstrously sized Datenmeister chip it uses to handle everything. There is new screenshots etc. as well. I only show on my order status that is is pre-paid and completed, but no actual shipping status notification or anything as yet. I suspect it will be after the new year before I receive mine unless they are shipping from a US distro and not all shipping from EU?

Also, it looks like it might mainly just be the TMSS model 1 unis that have issues with the game. So earlier non-TMSS and Model 2 and likely the model 3 will be okay. I don't believe it works on the MegaSG though and most of the clones aren't likely to be able to run the game either. 

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I suspect it will be after the new year before I receive mine unless they are shipping from a US distro and not all shipping from EU?

I got this message...

"We are now shipping your parcel, we will keep you informed of our progress. Thank you for your patience."

I thought I saw somewhere on the email or preorder page it's coming from Las Vegas, but can't find it now...

I'm not sure if there is an order they are following on shipping. I didn't pre-order until the big public pre-order back in March of 2017 I think it was? So unlike most, I've only been waiting for the past 3 years and not 10 as many others.

6 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I'm not sure if there is an order they are following on shipping. I didn't pre-order until the big public pre-order back in March of 2017 I think it was? So unlike most, I've only been waiting for the past 3 years and not 10 as many others.

Ah, mine is technically called an "investor copy" I guess so it's somehow different than the Limited edition or classic/etc.. I'm not expecting anything crazy, I think the difference between my investor (was called posterity then) copy of Pier Solar and a limited edition copy was a frog sticker lol. Anyways, I imagine they are probably shipping the investor copies first?

12 hours ago, chicgamer said:

It looks like I originally ordered on March 28, 2017. My order currently shows as Shipping, and it does show that it's coming from Las Vegas.

Mine also shows a status of shipping..but not yet Shipped. So that just means they have it in their queue to be shipped and that we have confirmed our address information etc. I didn't look or notice where it was shipping from but at least we know it is on the way at some point.