IGNORED

Mr. Bland's Handhelds

• 1 month later...

Slowly but surely the collection is growing. I have completed my U.S. release of Microvision:

IMAGE_BCF96EFA-60A6-4846-99CA-44B8408CA334.JPG

Missing some boxes and manuals, but at this point I'm not going to go for them. I am keeping a lookout for Super Blockbuster though. Super BlockBuster was an UK only release and I believe the only game I don't have.

• Like 2

Here is my small but enjoyable Game Gear collect:

IMAGE_DEBF81C7-5952-4B3A-B8CE-2FAAF8316B00.JPG

IMAGE_C6865B84-319C-475C-89A8-03F3DFBFE821.JPGI forgot to include this one in the original photo.

I have a couple more actually but my boys play the Game Gear and Game Boy games a fair amount and the carts get scattered. Everytime I clean house I find a couple carts hiding somewhere. Which is why I don't buy discs lol. I can just imagine how long discs would last in my house.

Hang On & Safari Hunt is the only Master game I have right now. I included it with the Game Gear because that is the system I play it on using the adapter.

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

Here are my GameBoy games. I have DS and 3DS too, I may post those later:

IMAGE_642E92C2-F97C-4CA9-8920-A55A924430DD.JPG

I noticed most of my Gameboy games are Atari ports! Pokemon has gotten the most play time though. Yes I am a grown man that enjoys Pokemon, and I am not ashamed!

There are a few games missing from the pic, probably in the boys room. when they show up I'll post those too :)

Well that's it for now. If you skipped to the end of the thread, I updated the watches and SNES posts earlier in the thread. I do have a couple new Lynx games too, Simpson's Sound Player (which is really cool) and Chip 8 (which I bought off a pirate before I found out all his stuff was pirated). Kind of funny with Chip 8 I bought first then researched lol, a little backward but oh well. I'll get around to posting those later.

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

Slowly but surely the collection is growing. I have completed my U.S. release of Microvision:

IMAGE_BCF96EFA-60A6-4846-99CA-44B8408CA334.JPG

Missing some boxes and manuals, but at this point I'm not going to go for them. I am keeping a lookout for Super Blockbuster though. Super BlockBuster was an UK only release and I believe the only game I don't have.

I got the French version of Super Blockbuster, it was a European release

8SuperCasseBrique_zps281e0cdc.jpg

You need some TV Boys

TVBOYIIpicture2_zps59b01d49.jpg

European release, of course. Thanks for that correction. If you ever want to part with that Super BlockBuster let me know ;)

TvBoy looks pretty cool, but I am limiting myself to portables. Of course my definition of portable is kind of broad (Vectrex is in my list), but generally something I can take with me that I don't have to plug into a TV. Keeps my game spending from going to far out of control :D

Edited by MrBland

• 4 months later...

Well I got a few more additions to my collection. First the one I am most excited about:

picture014.jpg

I know, crappy photo. I was taking all my picks with my iPhone, but it was acting up so I used the camera on my laptop... could NOT get a decent photo. I'll have to retake pics later, but for now what you are looking at is a proto of Dirty Larry! It is dated 1992. Now this may not be too exciting for everyone else since Dirty Larry is released and easily gotten, but I think these protos used for prerelease review are AWESOME! But may be just me lol. According to the collector I bought it from "The DL prototype came directly from an old Atari programer named David Wightman". Here is a link to an interview with Wightman: http://atariage.com/...ator-interview/

Here are some reproduced protos that are a bit rare that I have also added:

picture011.jpg

These came from the same collector, and are very cool, not quite as nice as DL though :)

Here are some neat odds and ends

Top left is a sticker; bottom left looks like an advertisement insert, it has the Lynx logo on the back; and the right one is a magnet.

picture009.jpg

Couple more, post-it notes, a note pad with graph paper, and a ruler.

picture010.jpg

Don't know much about the odds and ends posted here at the end, if you guys have any more info on origins I would be interested. Mainly I don't know if they are true Atari branded items or fan made items. The post-its I'm pretty sure are real, but the notepad, ruler, magnet etc. I thought might be fan made.

And last but not least, Bitchy.

picture008.jpg

This I am actually looking to find a new home for. Since I already have one, I am hoping I can trade it for something else interesting.

On other topics I have a new to me 32" CRT I pulled from the dump today. Been playing Duck Hunt all day with the boys :) I had completely forgotten a second player could control the duck!! That game is so much fun.

Now I need to find some more good light gun games. I think Hogan's Alley was a good one.... I'll have to look around.

At some point I'll have to post the rest of my new additions, I've been waiting for an exciting acquisition and then post them all... but I'll probably just post what I have soon. It is mostly just NES games, one or two 2600 games and a couple Sega Master.

Well that's it for now.

Edited by MrBland

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine hooked me up with another cool addition to my collection:

IMAGE_1.jpeg

Here posing with my released copy is a proto of Super Asteroids / Missile command !!

I am now the third owner, it was originally bought with other Atari items when JTS sold its' stock. At first glance there are no differences that jumped out at me from this proto and the released version. After some time playing both it seems that the proto is more difficult than the released version. Most noticeably the missiles your firing, as well as the missiles coming down, are moving faster in the proto. Super Asteroids also seemed a bit harder to me in the proto and both Asteroids and Missile command had more bonus items (ufos, etc.) in the released version. So my guess is that just a little difficulty tweaking was done between this proto and the released version, everything else looks the same.

I have another fun addition on its' way. A Lynx item many of you may not have even known existed. Can't wait to share.... but you'll have to wait ;)

The moment you have all been waiting for.......

IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!

IMAGE_2.jpeg

IMAGE_3.jpegIMAGE_4.jpeg

IMAGE_5.jpeg

photoCAR8OX4T.jpg

Now I have to bone up on my pin collection ;)

This beauty use to belong to the director of Ubisoft France who it was given to by the director of Atari France.

Here is some other background on the item. There were two runs of these show boxes that I know of. One run was of 250 and the run that this box was a part of, of 100. Atari France held contests, one of which was a video game show in 1991 and these were prizes. I'm not sure what other times/places these were given out or sold. Here is a link to a post about the contest:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119590-lynx-pin-set-on-ebay-france/?p=1444110&hl=atari%20lynx%20pins&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=1444110

This is tied with the Marlboro Lynx for my favorite piece in my collection, it is a lot prettier than the Marlboro Lynx :)

If anyone else has any more info please chime in :)

• Like 3

As you wish :)

IMAGE_28.jpg

Roadblasters, Viking Child, Rygar

IMAGE_29.jpg

Electrocop, Vindicators

IMAGE_30.jpg

Zarlor Mercenary, NFL Football, Klax

IMAGE_31.jpg

Cyberball Tournament, Ms. Pac-Man

IMAGE_32.jpg

Scrapyard Dog, Blue Lightning

IMAGE_33.jpg

Gates of Zendocon, Turbo Sub, Shanghai

IMAGE_34.jpg

Hockey, Block Out

IMAGE_35.jpg

Warbirds, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

IMAGE_36.jpg

Chip's Challenge, Ishido, Rampage

IMAGE_37.jpg

Slime World, Hard Drivin', Ninja Gaiden

IMAGE_38.jpg

Gauntlet, Checkered Flag, Robo Squash

IMAGE_39.jpg

Lynx Pin, Xenophobe

IMAGE_40.jpg

Atari Pin, Paperboy

IMAGE_41.jpg

California Games, Pac-Land

IMAGE_42.jpg

Atari Pin, A.P.B, Lynx Pin

These were not part of the set:

IMAGE_43.jpg

Steel Talons

IMAGE_44.jpg

Olympic Atari Pin

These are some duplicates I have:

IMAGE_45.jpg

Warbirds, Rampage

If there is something you want to see that just isn't clear enough in the pics above just let me know and I will try to accommodate.

• Like 2

No, well not of this type of pin. I believe there were 33 pins made with this enamel look. If you notice the Steel Talons pin has a little different look, it has a clear coat bubbling over it instead of the bare enamel look. I think that that one is part of a different run of pins. Maybe the Australia pins I've read a little about. I am not sure how many may have been done in the other pin editions.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

MrBland has a truely wonderful collection and what I really envy you for is the "new levels" cart of Cybervirus (Cinci Classic edition).

Knowing that Carl reads this, I vote for a rerun of this particular one! (And apologies to MrBland in the same second because I would understand every collector who might NOW wish that no cartridge rerun be made by the original manufacturer because it lowers the value of the rare first run item somewhat :) )

The other one I´d really like to have, or to the very least, find out about more about (like reviews, gameplay video, colelctors marvelling about the gameplay, and, yes, better availability of that one, too), is Hyperdrome.

Edited by Atari_afternoon