IGNORED

Pre-Order 1200XL PAL GTIA Adapter

Dropcheck

Sorry if I ask now something that has been cleared up already. But ehm... how to install a 27C128 into a 1200XL? Isn't the 1200XL using two 8k ROMS?

That's the caveat. You have to do the mods in this link http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/105148-new-twist-on-a-very-good-1200xl-upgrade/page__p__1274137?do=findComment&comment=1274137

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

All boards are done. Shipping is today. http://www.dropchecks.com/1200XLpymt.html

I have 4 bare boards left. If someone wants them they are $10 per plus shipping. Will come with source parts list. PM me for total cost.

Word of warning sourcer Mouser is saying that the crystal I used on the board is backordered. Lead time is now about six weeks. Not my fault. ;) When I ordered there was at least 10 left.

Enjoy. :)

Edited by Dropcheck
  • Like 1

rather then replace the 1200's OS with the 800XL's, what about using a tripler board instead so you can switch between the 1200 OS and the later 800XL version using some sort of toggle switch, just incase using the 800xl's OS might lose you certain features the 1200 had, like the function keys

Alternatively what about a patched version of the 1200's OS that includes PAL sensing (not too sure about the PBI thing though since i guess only a few 1200's have been PBI modded)

The only features the 600XL/800XL OS loses versus the 1200XL OS are:

1. Rainbow logo

2. Incompatibility of many programs

The 800XL OS supports the four function keys and also flashes the LEDs during memory test.

The 1200XL OS has the self-test, press HELP from the Rainbow logo to access it.

Edited by oracle_jedi