IGNORED

What do you guys store your games in?

imnickb

It seems like kind of a dumb question, but I'm looking for a good way to store and display my atari games. I'd probably play them more if I didn't have to dig through boxes to find them. Plus my kids are starting to play atari with me, which is great, and I think they'd be more apt to putting stuff away and taking care of the games better if I weren't just throwing them in a box. I'd love something older, like a case for atari games or something but everything I've seen only holds around ten. Do you guys have any good suggestions?

Thanks!

kids_toy_storage_bins_primary_pastel_30_montgomery_8757989.jpg

This is exactly what I store mine in. It's the perfect size and works great. My kids used to use it for toys. Now I use it for Atari.

Yeah, I have ALMOST that exact shelf also, except the bins are primary colors ... not Shades of Easter. :P Stole it from kids room, but kids kept the bins. I use these baskets:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermaid-Slide-N-Stack-Stacking-Basket-in-White/16664773

I have my loose common games in regular carboard boxes. I was looking through them a little while ago and was shocked by the amount of dust that can collect in the boxes even if you have a clean house. I'll have to get some of those plastic RubberMaid tubs or something ASAP.

Sterilite containers for 100 Richard!

I use the smaller containers (wish I knew the quart size offhand) for my loose Atari collection. They hold 4 rows of 11 Atari carts nicely, although a little more loosely than I'd like.

post-28334-0-61049400-1348860774_thumb.jpg

I use the large (28 quart I think), flat container to store my in-play Colecovision, power supply, and long component+audio cables. I use a second one for my large collection of loose CV games. It's not filled yet, but my last count was 88 or so... the great think about these large, flat containers is that they slide right under the bed!

post-28334-0-70782100-1348860770_thumb.jpg

I really would like to make a move to the drawer containers pictured here. The elder gentleman who owns 4 Jays has all his loose Atari and Colecovision games stored in these, and they're terrific! Just pull out a drawer, and there's your game.

post-28334-0-19824900-1348860772_thumb.jpg

I store my 2600 carts in old file cabinets and drawers. Most of my 7800 carts are stored in slots built in to my stand for the game console. It helps that most of my collection (about 290 games) consists of loose carts, but I do have one file cabinet that I use for boxed games and some accessories.

post-27900-0-77250100-1348865081_thumb.jpg

post-27900-0-39019300-1348865132_thumb.jpg

I have most of mine in the Atari binders that I got from someone on here. The rest are in their original boxes, complete. Some are in plastic box storers. All protected and lovingly taken care of. One rests loose in my light 6-switch. Defender now has that slot for awhile.

I don't have a ton of games, but enough...and I use one of those collector tins that come with the Round 2 Model Kits. Right now most of my games fit in a Romulan Bird of Prey tin. I have some of the old covered boxes made for storing them, and the hold my overflow or games I don't play a lot, or the paddle games, since there are such fewer compared to my joystick games.

One suggestion is ALWAYS use something that keeps them covered overall. Keeps away dust and slight light damage. I have mine in an antique Tibetan chest of drawers. They sit in there perfectly, except for my CommaVid games.