IGNORED

Just got a Jag CD

ACrystal2011

Suffering from Gorf envy? :roll: There's nothing wrong with suggesting the game. 8) Come to think of it you suffer from BS/BSG envy too! :roll:

Envious that they're both on the shelf here?

The point is - recommending something that sells for insanely ludicrous amounts of money to someone who just got a Jag CD, and did not appear to say that they are wealthy and/or love to just piss money away, is... retarded.

I'm probably gonna get slandered for this, but I really like Primal Rage for the Jaguar Cd.

Enjoy loading times do you? :D

• Like 2

Battlemorph and Hoverstrike CD are the two best commercial release Jag CD games. Not many of the others were very good, although I had fun with Vid Grid. The best use of the Jag CD, though, is for playing homebrews, if you don't have a Skunkboard.

Let's add Painter to this list. It's an excellent game, and a very underrated one. It's just a pity that it's so hard to find (at a decent price) these days. :(

• Like 1

Primal Rage isn't that bad, just by far NOT the best console version.

Yeah, that's basically how I look at it. For the price you have to pay for the Jag version, you can buy the Saturn or PlayStation versions and still have a nice chunk of money left over. Hell, you can probably buy a Saturn AND the game for the same cost as the Jag CD version alone. Factor in the cost of a Pro Controller to play the game how it was meant to be, then the difference in cost skyrockets. :lol:

• Like 1

I'd put in another vote for Iron Soldier II. I own it on CD, and I play it more than the original. Vid Grid was originally a JagCD pack-in, but it's a fun little game that shouldn't be too hard to find cheaply.

Another inexpensive JagCD item that I'd recommend, though not a game, is the Tempest 2000 soundtrack. This too was a pack-in, intended to be used to demonstrate what the built-in VLM can do, and it works very well for that purpose (and is a fun listen besides, if you're into that kind of music).

I'm probably gonna get slandered for this, but I really like Primal Rage for the Jaguar Cd.

I enjoyed it as well though I can't say how it compares to other ports and if the Jags cost is worth it. I have it on the 32x too but its been so long since I've played it. I should probably check those two out... I can't remember if the 32x is cheaper but I'm betting it is.

Edited by GKC

• 2 weeks later...