IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

Anybody know if the SGM is still available for purchase. I have visited the Opcode Games website and signed up for one; however, I never a get a response or notification as to when they are coming out. I see pictures of the SGM, but I don't know of anybody that has one.

I have emailed Eduardo many times, and I do not get a response. "Does anybody know what the status is on this thing?"

Anybody know if this thing is real or just a hoax?

I'm still waiting for really...anything. I ordered and paid for a SGM the day they became available and the only correspondence I have received is an email over a year ago asking if I wanted a newer nameplate, to which I opted to wait for so I knew it may be a bit longer...but... I have periodically checked this forum and have sent Eduardo numerous emails and have yet to hear anything. I can't speak for anyone else but where I come from, when you give someone money and hear nothing from them personally for over a year that means you been had, your money is gone, you were robbed.

I've been through some utter crap this year topping of with a really good friend hanging himself two days before Christmas. I don't want to hear excuses about how bad this guy has been having it as it's no excuse not to respond to paying customers when apparently many have received their SGM, which indicates things can't be as horrible as some would like to make out. Some have even received an email saying a second batch is being worked on and shipping in April. I paid for a first run and see a ton on Ebay, yet where's mine ?

I've been calm and rational the entire time and will continue to do so as I believe in not spreading any more negativity but I would like to urge anyone inquisitive about buying one of these module's to temper their expectations and absolutely not give this guy any money, unless you are a long time member on this board, it seems you will only be out $100. A harsh welcoming for anyone to trying to get into the Coleco scene.

Maybe one will show up months down the road but until then I have no reason to believe it will and still feel my words are appropriate for the lack of customer service and lack of final product even if it does. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here but since he does have a website, I am going to look into pursuing some kind of action against it, I work hard for my family and would rather give $100 to a needy charity than a disappearing internet thief.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Eduardo got the shits of this project and bailed.

Sell off your SGMs while you can peeps because it looks like they're going to be worthless. So much for all these great games we were going to get like Donkey Kong Arcade.

oh well...

That would be true if there already hadn't been a bunch of homebrews released either supporting or requiring the SGM.

i think the pcb of 5-11 with 24k ram will be the future the only + for the sgm is the sound chip and a more easy way to make msx

port but with 24k ram and 1meg cart there is alot of possibilities and for people who are afraid of buying the pcb beacause what happen with opcode you could mod your

coleco to 24k ram for max 10$

but im still waiting my sgm and super dk and hope for the best

• Like 1

That would be true if there already hadn't been a bunch of homebrews released either supporting or requiring the SGM.

We lost enough money by publishing RollerBall as there's not enough SGM owners buying this game , so we're "forced" to stop supporting the SGM until we're dead sure there's enough SGM owners

Hopefully, Eduardo will get back here soon and resolve the SGM production/shipping problems

Until then, we will stick to our regular 32K games and WaferCart games

• Like 3

I would love to get my sgm, I still think we will receive them, just knowing what is going on would be great. I have purchased all the SGM games (even Rollerball ;) ) to support the scene and would like to see it continue to flourish and have all this put behind. In my opinion all would be forgiven if we would hear what is going on from Eduardo and get our paid for sgm's.

Hypothetically speaking, suppose Eduardo finds that he has lost the drive or passion to continue on with the SGM production (for whatever reason). For those individuals that know Eduardo, is this something he could potentially hand over to someone else to continue?

It seems like the community is highly motivated to support this. I know I'd be buying every SGM-supported game available if I had an SGM.

The truth is that Eduardo has been a technological leader in restoring life to the ColecoVision.

If you look through the threads here at AA Forums--even back to when the CV was included in "Classic Gaming General"--this is not the first time that Eduardo has taken a "sabbatical". I didn't even know until recently, that Luc was acting on behalf of Opcode Games for a while. At various times throughout the last 10 or so years, Eduardo has set lofty (and admirable) goals to enhance what the ColecoVision is cabaple of. We love the stuff he comes out with! But as it has been seen many times on these forums, a technological leader will leave the scene (hopefully just for a time), very probably due to being overwhelmed from the size of these projects. Or maybe it's just family matters, or life. We've seen many posts from AA members alluding to this in other sub-forums too.

All I can say is that I have hope that Eduardo will return as he always has in the past. I'm certain there is a good reason for what is (not) going on. Without meaning to gloat, I am very proud to say that I own almost all the products that Opcode Games has produced, and that I count these as true gems. They have restored beauty and luster to my experience in "the golden age of gaming", and I certainly would like to see more!

For you guys who feel gypped because you haven't seen what you paid for, I sympathize with you. It sucks. Hang in there, and maybe we'll give Eduardo a good reason to come back!

• Like 8

The truth is that Eduardo has been a technological leader in restoring life to the ColecoVision.

If you look through the threads here at AA Forums--even back to when the CV was included in "Classic Gaming General"--this is not the first time that Eduardo has taken a "sabbatical". I didn't even know until recently, that Luc was acting on behalf of Opcode Games for a while. At various times throughout the last 10 or so years, Eduardo has set lofty (and admirable) goals to enhance what the ColecoVision is cabaple of. We love the stuff he comes out with! But as it has been seen many times on these forums, a technological leader will leave the scene (hopefully just for a time), very probably due to being overwhelmed from the size of these projects. Or maybe it's just family matters, or life. We've seen many posts from AA members alluding to this in other sub-forums too.

All I can say is that I have hope that Eduardo will return as he always has in the past. I'm certain there is a good reason for what is (not) going on. Without meaning to gloat, I am very proud to say that I own almost all the products that Opcode Games has produced, and that I count these as true gems. They have restored beauty and luster to my experience in "the golden age of gaming", and I certainly would like to see more!

For you guys who feel gypped because you haven't seen what you paid for, I sympathize with you. It sucks. Hang in there, and maybe we'll give Eduardo a good reason to come back!

I'm definitely hanging in there....

It's just frustrating when he responds till certain individuals emails and not others. Even more frustrating is some of these are emails are relating to the *second* run while the first run is still in limbo.

We lost enough money by publishing RollerBall as there's not enough SGM owners buying this game , so we're "forced" to stop supporting the SGM until we're dead sure there's enough SGM owners

Hopefully, Eduardo will get back here soon and resolve the SGM production/shipping problems

Until then, we will stick to our regular 32K games and WaferCart games

Eduardo doesn't keep me in the loop with what he's currently doing, or what he plans to do. That's the main reason why I'm not producing any more copies of the SGM games until Eduardo "officially" returns.

So basically what you guys are saying is that the SGM is currently dead in the water?

I wouldn't consider the SGM dead in the water, it's just hard for the Homebrew publishers to commit to producing more games when there are only a limited number of people that own a SGM and would therefore buy a game that requires it. The first run of SGMs produced totaled 225 and iirc 200 were actually sold/shipped. Of this 200 number, I have no idea how many people bought 2 or more SGMs, but I would have to assume maybe around 50, so that would mean 150 individuals own a SGM. Of that 150 total, I would also assume that there are a large number of people who just wanted the SGM and were not interested in buying games made for it or are only interested in buying DKA when and if it is ever completed and released. So the Homebrewers have a tough call to make when considering producing a game that requires the SGM until further news is provided by Opcode seeing as the CV market is a small one to start with and the SGM market is an even smaller one.

Seeing as it is now February, there is only 2 months to go to see what transpires with the last Opcode communication that more SGMs will be produced in April.

Aside from that, it was very disconcerting seeing Opcode auction off a SGM on eBay a month ago that should have been sent to one of the people that purchased and did not receive their's yet. BTW, I'm not talking about the clear plastic SGM either, it was the standard black SGM in CIB form and I'm surprised that the other 2 clear plastic SGMs haven't been placed up for auction yet unless they were sold in private due to offers Opcode might have received that he just couldn't refuse.

I just hope that everything works out in the end for all those that have purchased and/or want to purchase a SGM as well as for Opcode.

• Like 2

So basically what you guys are saying is that the SGM is currently dead in the water?

What we're saying is that Eduardo has been gone for so long that it becomes a legitimate concern for publishers of SGM games (namely Team Pixelboy and CollectorVision). If the second run of SGM starts shipping in April, just as Eduardo has indicated, then everything will fall back into place. It's up to Eduardo at this point, but anyhow, I've got enough on my plate with my trading card project and other ongoing projects that April will come around before I know it. :)

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for really...anything. I ordered and paid for a SGM the day they became available and the only correspondence I have received is an email over a year ago asking if I wanted a newer nameplate, to which I opted to wait for so I knew it may be a bit longer...but... I have periodically checked this forum and have sent Eduardo numerous emails and have yet to hear anything. I can't speak for anyone else but where I come from, when you give someone money and hear nothing from them personally for over a year that means you been had, your money is gone, you were robbed.

I've been through some utter crap this year topping of with a really good friend hanging himself two days before Christmas. I don't want to hear excuses about how bad this guy has been having it as it's no excuse not to respond to paying customers when apparently many have received their SGM, which indicates things can't be as horrible as some would like to make out. Some have even received an email saying a second batch is being worked on and shipping in April. I paid for a first run and see a ton on Ebay, yet where's mine ?

I've been calm and rational the entire time and will continue to do so as I believe in not spreading any more negativity but I would like to urge anyone inquisitive about buying one of these module's to temper their expectations and absolutely not give this guy any money, unless you are a long time member on this board, it seems you will only be out $100. A harsh welcoming for anyone to trying to get into the Coleco scene.

Maybe one will show up months down the road but until then I have no reason to believe it will and still feel my words are appropriate for the lack of customer service and lack of final product even if it does. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here but since he does have a website, I am going to look into pursuing some kind of action against it, I work hard for my family and would rather give $100 to a needy charity than a disappearing internet thief.

Bravo. Even if Eduardo ends up not being a thief, unless he is dead or in the ICU he is being rude beyond all standards. My heart goes out to you for your difficulties this year; you certainly don't need this kind of stress on top of all that.

Edited by DoctorTom

The part I find most confusing is that he has been replying to individual emails.

To my way of thinking, if Ed is having time management problems or whatever it is, surely it is more time efficient to come on here and make a post updating the situation. This way he can get the message out to multiple people in a single post.

Personally I'm not too worried about the money. I just really would like to have the thing so I can play the Pixelboy games I have. If no other SGM games were made after that point I'd be content with that.

Eduardo has not given up hope yet, -I think.

I imagine that he is working in the "background", because his site is still active.

But his website has not been updated since April 2013.

And "if", -then one option "could be" that Eduardo sold his project to a more active user who can see the possibility of promoting sales.

But I hope he is still "out there". :)