IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

Holy crap. That's a lot of money. If I had one, I would DEFINITELY sell it, and the bid history looks completely legit. Even the last minute snipe at 8 bills...as we all know, there's a whole world full of Coleco fans that don't frequent this site and are willing to pay (albeit ridiculous) prices for what they want. Take heed, Christmas shoppers! Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Holy crap. That's a lot of money. If I had one, I would DEFINITELY sell it, and the bid history looks completely legit. Even the last minute snipe at 8 bills...as we all know, there's a whole world full of Coleco fans that don't frequent this site and are willing to pay (albeit ridiculous) prices for what they want. Take heed, Christmas shoppers! Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

"Hail to the king baby!"

Hopefully Opcode will resurface and be able to supply SGMs to all those that desire one, but in hindsight, one day in the future there will be no further new SGMs available for purchase, so...

I hope this fact will be taken into account by all those that program SGM compatible games seeing as an ADAM Computer would still be an option to use to play SGM games (ex: Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon Super Game, the upcoming Buck Rogers Super Game, etc.) as it provides for the additional RAM that the SGM provides, but if the programmer makes the game dependent on the SGM's sound chip, then a SGM will indeed be required. Hopefully, this will be taken into account with future SGM games so that they can be played using the CV/ADAM's sound chip, but the sound will or could be enhanced by the SGM's sound chip if a SGM is found.

I recall Nanochess already mentioning something along these lines for his future releases, but games like King's Valley, Thexder and Roller Ball were already released and they test to see if a SGM is installed.

• Like 2

Wow...that is just crazy.

Anyone want to buy my SGM for $800? Completely mint including the original box that it was shipped in with Eduardo's name on the postage.

Eduardo Where are You!

Okay guys, with this crazy eBay auction that just happened, I think now's a good time to share some info. Just today, I got an e-mail from Eduardo, and he explained briefly what's been going on with him. I'm going to respect his privacy in this matter by not mentionning any details, suffice it to say he's been going through a rough time in his personal life. The good news is that he still intends to finish shipping the first run of SGMs, he ordered the parts for the second run, and he also intends to put those 10 SGMs (from the first run) on eBay before the end of the year. That's what he told me, anyway.

I guess we'll all have to be patient for a while longer, but at least we know things will be moving along over the next couple of months. Just don't expect Eduardo to reply to any e-mail until early December, he will be away until then.

• Like 8

thexder

rollerball

work on the adam computer but since i use av cable i dont have sound luc at team pixelboy told me with the rf i sould get some sound

king valley dont work

Just like King's Valley, both Thexder and RollerBall do not work on a stock ADAM Computer... you need the SGM plugged into the ADAM's expansion bus for these games to work otherwise you get the following screen...

post-25956-0-18482900-1384402985_thumb.png

Just like King's Valley, both Thexder and RollerBall do not work on a stock ADAM Computer... you need the SGM plugged into the ADAM's expansion bus for these games to work otherwise you get the following screen...

i got this screen only with king's valley

thexder and rollerball work on my adam but like i said no sound with av but didnt try with rf

and beleive me i dont have a sgm cause if i had one i didnt try to figure out how to hook ay-3-8910 chip and mod my coleco to get 24k

Edited by chart45

Nope, it's all happening in his private and personal life. Nothing the rest of us can do about it.

Luc;

If you hear from him again, and he needs help, I live close by to him. I could help him ship if need be. I offerred him help before, and he said that he would think about it, but I never heard back from him.

Jim

work on the adam computer but since i use av cable i dont have sound luc at team pixelboy told me with the rf i sould get some sound

That's an easy fix, just move the audio wire for your mod over to C88 on the motherboard (it's a ceramic capacitor). That way you get audio from both the SN76489 and the expansion port.

thanks i did the mod now get sound when play with the atari expension but no sound from thexder and roller ball but the day ill get a sgm sound will be there

i took a video with my iphone to show you naid that adam computer play thexder and roller ball

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/chart45/D62DB29F-9D09-4DC4-B707-BD1AC9114465-1756-0000045564756B7A_zpsfe89b530.mp4

• Like 1

First off, nice "black" Memory Console. :thumbsup: Did you spray paint or dye it? My personal opinion, I would have left the front bezel and data drive door/top the original beige... unless of course there was discoloration on these that was not reverseable. BTW, did you do the keyboard as well.

Onto the games...

As soon as I get any new games, I dump them and place the resulting dump on my AtariMax SD Cart. So I retested all three game rom dumps (King's Valley, Thexder and RollerBall) and all three show the "The Game Requires the ColecoVision Super Game Module" screen. So you forced me to pull out the original carts of Thexder and RollerBall and test them on an ADAM without the SGM plugged in (actually the SGM is always plugged into my CV and not used on the ADAM) and both original carts give me the same results as the rom dumps I made by displaying the error screen.

The rom dumps and original carts play perfectly on my CV with the SGM.

So possibly the rom code was changed by the programmer (Opcode) and different versions were used when burning the roms by accident... which I doubt. You have performed some mod to the ADAM or the person you acquired it from performed some mod hat you don't know about or quite possibly one of the hardware interface cards I have installed in my ADAM is causing a conflict. I guess it could be possible my power supply isn't functioning exactly right, but then again, everything else works perfectly with it.

Weird stuff and I guess you could say your Thexder and RollerBall carts are more valuable then mine since they work on an ADAM sans sound without a SGM. ;)