IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #9 BurgerTime!

cparsley

Just watched (or tried to watch) the videos posted here, your Beef Drop/BT versions videos INTVGuy lovely... watching your gameplay on INTV BT! was interesting (different patterns than what I normally play), however my mother more loved your running commentary, including the 5 times to go to level 2 :)

As for gavvv, the glare on your display, and the non-direct focus on the display made watching your video an well, pain. If I was still doing TG results, I'd of probably rejected it... (especially make sure the glare isn't on) :)

it was a 5 minute setup just to get something since intvdude asked about it :). just enough to get an idea in general how i handle some levels, and getting something up immediately without having to do any conversions. I'll see about getting some non-webcam vid recordings of the A2 Burgertime

gavv (and only have the gavvv acct as the email tied to gavv was lost eons ago and i lost logins for it :) )

• Like 1

keep trying! Key is getting comfortable maneuvering without *having* to clear the board or rushing to clear the board, dropping enemies only from the bottom-most ingredients, then you can work on grouping for higher drops. I played for many months back in 83-84 at my best friend's house as it and Utopia were our favorite games. took a while to master timing but i remember in the day getting to max about 160k.

gavv

Good tips :thumbsup:

I hope I can make more profit of it in next games.

This is my favorite version of Burgertime!, by far. The graphics, the controls, the music, the subtlety & precision of gameplay (numerous close shaves!) are just top notch and really shine on the Intellivision. Diner is even more impressive ;-) .

Working out the kinks in my strategy.

Now time to start making some burgers! :

post-21471-0-83522900-1349463051_thumb.jpg

I can say, thanks for folks like INTVDude and gavvv, you have given me incentive to stop coasting thru this season and actually give it a full press play...

This season, I haven't been really in it, so while yes I've played, I haven't gone looking for every spot to get points, and usually only did about 2-3 plays thru each time.

After seeing BT scores this week, it did get the old game playing juices going again, which for a game like BurgerTime! made me actually have to leave my previous patterns in an attempt to maximize scoring opportunities in the game. I normally play games, especially BurgerTime! & Lock 'n Chase, for the fun of the game, instead of point pressing and going for the absolute maximum scoring opportunities, and it has lead me to knowing new things about our little game of BurgerTime!

What you might ask? How about the game playing as fast on level 2 as it does on level 14, given the correct situations... It also has given me new found feeling about people who "point press" or play to maximize score instead of playing the game (wierd I know considering my past with Twin Galaxies, MARP and running this HSC) I tip my hat to you gavvv, but I don't concede defeat, not in the lightest...

This ought to be a great battle to the end, and for all, game on!!!

gavvv

Ryan Gavigan

Decided to play some after watching a rousing Colts comeback. I've been using the ultimate pc interface so i can use an actual Inty controller. just can't seem to like keyboard controls :).

and included, some snapped pics of L7,8,9,10 of apple 2 burgertime. levels 1-6 are fairly close to arcade/cv levels. Controls are worse than i remembered, keyboard control directions stay active until you actively choose another direction.

post-14968-0-01316700-1349666005_thumb.jpg

post-14968-0-23526000-1349666246_thumb.jpg

post-14968-0-13361000-1349666254_thumb.jpg

post-14968-0-07992200-1349666259_thumb.jpg

post-14968-0-96979100-1349666265_thumb.jpg

Edited by gavvv
  • Like 1

If the game was to end right now... the scoring would change thusly..

gavv 19+10 (29)

INTVDude 8.5+9 (17.5)

cparsley 3.5+8 (11.5)

Liduario 13.5+6 (19.5)

atariron82 19+4 (23)

Roadrunner 4+2 (6)

RangerG 19+1 (20)

Jblenkle +1 (1)

First # is the bonus, 2nd is the weekly score for position and the parenthesis would be their new totals.

Rankings would change thusly...

gavvv (29) 6th

INTVDude (38.5) 3rd

Cparsley (42.5) 3rd

Liduario (30.5) 5th

atariron82 (23) 7th

Roadrunner (36) 4th

RangerG (20) 7th

Jblenkle (39) 3rd

Name/Score/Rank as of current scores

* Not sure if will keep the half points or not yet *

So get to playing :)

Even though I have missed the earlier rounds had a go at this (as playing Burger Time is fun). Keep on dying on Level 7, so only have 62,800 so far.

Intellivision-BurgerTime-62800.jpg

key to board 7 is hoarding livesand peppers before getting there. Minimum i've ever cleared it or board 14 is about 2 lives and 2 peppers (usually in a good game, you'll have accumulated many more men than peppers, so sacrifice them before peppers.

(I'll refer to platforms via #s, from left to right, then from bottom to top, so 1.5 would be the top left where the pickle starts out)

Hot dog comes out at the left side, 'level' 2 (1.2). best way to start is go up the ladder from 2.1 to 2.2, go left and edge onto 1.4 so the bottom left hot dog goes left on 1.1, and that the hot dog from the right goes *up* from 3.3 to 2.3 and not down to 2.2. That allows you to slip back down past 2.2 back to 2.1 before the hotdog comes back from 1.1, and drop him on the 1.1 ingredient. Keep moving right and you now have all ingredients following you from behind and for a little while at least won't get trapped from both directions while you do some damage getting those upper ingredients lower. It also gets you the chance to be near the ketchup when it first appears

gavv

Last time i played i think i may had figured out a strategy for Level 7 for getting to the right of the board without having to use a pepper (like let's say you had 1 or 2 buns left over and they happen to be on that side. But i think it would take proper timing and luck.

I will be using this football style play book. :-D

As you can see by the picture below, you should standing about where the white circle is. You should wait there just long enough to lure Hot Dog #2 up and to the side your standing but also just before Pickle #1 comes down the ladder from the top. Enemies 3, 4 & 5 should all head toward you as well in the proper direction. And just before Pickle #1 comes down you make a circle around and down represented by the white line shown. If done correctly all enemies should follow you down and you can head to the right side of the board safely. :thumbsup: :)

post-25251-0-51825800-1349805204_thumb.jpg

Last time i played i think i may had figured out a strategy for Level 7 for getting to the right of the board without having to use a pepper (like let's say you had 1 or 2 buns left over and they happen to be on that side. But i think it would take proper timing and luck.

I will be using this football style play book. :-D

As you can see by the picture below, you should standing about where the white circle is. You should wait there just long enough to lure Hot Dog #2 up and to the side your standing but also just before Pickle #1 comes down the ladder from the top. Enemies 3, 4 & 5 should all head toward you as well in the proper direction. And just before Pickle #1 comes down you make a circle around and down represented by the white line shown. If done correctly all enemies should follow you down and you can head to the right side of the board safely. :thumbsup: :)

post-25251-0-51825800-1349805204_thumb.jpg

key to board 7 is hoarding livesand peppers before getting there. Minimum i've ever cleared it or board 14 is about 2 lives and 2 peppers (usually in a good game, you'll have accumulated many more men than peppers, so sacrifice them before peppers.

(I'll refer to platforms via #s, from left to right, then from bottom to top, so 1.5 would be the top left where the pickle starts out)

Hot dog comes out at the left side, 'level' 2 (1.2). best way to start is go up the ladder from 2.1 to 2.2, go left and edge onto 1.4 so the bottom left hot dog goes left on 1.1, and that the hot dog from the right goes *up* from 3.3 to 2.3 and not down to 2.2. That allows you to slip back down past 2.2 back to 2.1 before the hotdog comes back from 1.1, and drop him on the 1.1 ingredient. Keep moving right and you now have all ingredients following you from behind and for a little while at least won't get trapped from both directions while you do some damage getting those upper ingredients lower. It also gets you the chance to be near the ketchup when it first appears

gavv

Thank you both for the tips I will have another go after work. Burger Time stage 7 strategies are an art all to themselves :)