IGNORED

Duckie Egg

GroovyBee

Great stuff! Special praise to sh3-rg for the graphics, after I was not too wild about Degz visually I really like the look of this. :)

And GroovyBee: Great to see you expand your work to the Jaguar. There's another cat that will hopefully get your atention someday though. ;)

I just thought... seeing the gameplay you could add a mode that allows you to dig holes left and right for enemies to fall into, and voila: you'd have Lode Runner on Jaguar too. :P

BTW, who did that music? I can't get it out of my head... XD

Edited by 108 Stars

Great stuff!

Thanks for the compliment.

And GroovyBee: Great to see you expand your work to the Jaguar. There's another cat that will hopefully get your atention someday though. ;)

I'd like to do something for the Lynx one day. I have a very long list of projects for a few other consoles first. Never say never ;).

I just thought... seeing the gameplay you could add a mode that allows you to dig holes left and right for enemies to fall into, and voila: you'd have Lode Runner on Jaguar too. :P

:lol: Duck Runner! Nice idea but I prefer to leave it as an homage to Chuckie Egg.

BTW, who did that music? I can't get it out of my head... XD

It was done by Bug, who sadly is no longer with us but his former team mates at Razor1911 gave us permission to use the mod. Its his take on a song from the UK 80s satire show Spitting Image. Earlier in the thread ggn linked to a video in this post.

Wow, this looks fantastic! I downloaded it and will give it a go on my Skunk when I get the chance, but the video sure looks like this will be a lot of fun to play. Thanks for making this and sharing it with us! I don't care what anyone says - I love this community!! :)

Cheers,

Smeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was part of the staff on the Old School Gaming stand at the Play Expo (Manchester UK) at the weekend. There were 5000 people through the doors on Saturday alone! It was a fun event apart from a few crazies :lol:. I had the jag running Duckie Egg pretty much all day on Saturday and this is the high score chart at the end of the day :-

post-21935-0-97854200-1350298052_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to DAZ (whoever you are). The game was very popular with both children and adults. Nobody needed to be told that you had to collect eggs. As soon as the first level started people were just charging around collecting the eggs and avoiding the ducks. I felt sorry for a little girl aged about 4 or 5. She didn't use a fire button to start the game but pressed the number pad. She was in for quite a shock with a ton of ducks and the mother duck on the loose :lol:. Several fans of the 8 bit version loved the jag version of game too. Shamus can expect a few extra downloads of VJ this week ;).

On Sunday the 7800 and XM had the limelight so the jag didn't get much of a look in. If both TVs I was assigned had worked OK then the 7800 and jag would have been on at the same time.

Everybody on the stand really enjoyed the show. Roll on next year!

• Like 7

It works fine on the PC version of Virtual Jaguar but has problems on Jagulator and Project Tempest.

I can now confirm it actually runs on Xbox! A bit too slow, and I deactivated sound as that is a general requirement for good speed in that emulator, but it works and is fully playable. :)

• Like 2