IGNORED

Duckie Egg

GroovyBee

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it is quite difficult because of the elevators: I lost many lives just by jumps on them.

Not a problem for me (i can face i am a noob :-D ) but frustrating for young children who unfortunately quickly gave up and only enjoyed the first 2 stages.

Anyway thanks to Groovy Bee for offering that funny game :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would add that these new-fangled games (ranging from assassin creed to pokemon) are getting more and more just a walkthrough, hence the kids get frustrated pretty easily with real videogames.

Back on topic, great game! I just love the "old farts" mode, but I can't get it all the time (don't know why). I would just love that the duks moved more smoothly, like the farmer.

PS: My kids love this game, too.

• Like 1

Back on topic, great game! I just love the "old farts" mode, but I can't get it all the time (don't know why). I would just love that the duks moved more smoothly, like the farmer.

Thanks for the compliment. If you press '0' first and then fire to start the game you should always enter "old git mode".

PS: My kids love this game, too.

:D At Play Expo last year it was popular with all age ranges.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Duckie Egg is a great arcade style game that I find highly addictive. I would happily pay $40 for an official release of this that had been finessed a bit. My suggestions:

-High score save to memory track capability (its all about beating your friends)

-Slow down the elevators a bit and get rid of gaps you can fall down easily

-Make it easier to get on/off ladders. Sometimes I just watch the ducks come towards me as i desperately try to line up perfectly to get off the ladder.

-The jump is a bit awkward. You either can't go very high or it flings you halfway across the screen.

Despite these flaws the game is still fun as hell, has appealing graphics and catchy music, and I would love to see another revision of this. I'd make it a regular go to party game if you could save high scores.

• Like 2

Duckie Egg is a great arcade style game that I find highly addictive. I would happily pay $40 for an official release of this that had been finessed a bit. My suggestions:

Thanks for the suggestions but the game plays exactly like the BBC Micro Chuckie Egg from back in the day. The 6502 source code was reverse engineered (not by me) into "C" and then I ported that to the jag. Sorry, but I have absolutely no interest in making a cart release.

-High score save to memory track capability (its all about beating your friends)

It already supports cart EEPROM saves.

-Slow down the elevators a bit and get rid of gaps you can fall down easily

-Make it easier to get on/off ladders. Sometimes I just watch the ducks come towards me as i desperately try to line up perfectly to get off the ladder.

-The jump is a bit awkward. You either can't go very high or it flings you halfway across the screen.

Sounds like you need to play the original version :P.

Despite these flaws the game is still fun as hell, has appealing graphics and catchy music, and I would love to see another revision of this. I'd make it a regular go to party game if you could save high scores.

Thanks for the compliment.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I was just checking out this great game. Were you ever able to finish it? The only version I see is the beta.

Given that I've seen multiple copies of this game on ebay over the years, which goes against what I said back when I gave the ROM release away :-

As with pretty much all homebrew game ROMs released on AA you are permitted to make a cart or CD for your own personal use but NOT allowed to make and sell them to others.

I have no incentive to go back and finish it off, sorry. It is what it is. You aren't missing anything, its fully playable in either mode.