IGNORED

BAR-X arcade machine simulator for TI99!

Retrospect

BARX.zip

FINALLY !!!

Extended Basic needed

To play;

Insert coins by pressing key 5

Space bar to spin

Nudge feature: when the numbers 1,2,3 appear above the reels, press 1 , 2 or 3 to 'nudge' any reel

you get 2 nudges.

When coin slot is empty, collect your winnings by pressing C (resets win counter)

Remember the machine will NOT work unless there is credit in the slot so key 5 when you run out.

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 1

Yeah about that, I forgot my login details for that account and needed to use a new one ..... so I came up with Retrospect which I thought was cool.... i WAS gonna let you guys know it was me, I just didn't know how to say "hey guys i've had a profile change" because I didn't know if anyone would remember me!

Yes the bandit games are fun to make, and I'm pushing the boat out this time with graphics & sound, gameplay, well , as always with a bandit game you push a button and good luck, hehe ....

So, sorry about the veil of secrecy but yeah, it is me, Joe Morris, hiding behind a new name and a photo of a Saturn Robot .... ;)

So .... the programming continues.

I've compiled the XB code and it ran like a dream.

I even went as far as watching youtube clips of proper Electrocoin Bar X machines in action, and got the sound effects perfect.

Then I just HAD to put a nudge feature in.

Well now it's all gone wrong. It runs fine (but extremely slowly) in XB, so I compile it, and the assembler states no errors.

Every time a nudge comes up the bloody thing freezes.

I may have to make the game with no nudge facility, just a reel-spinner .... but that's gonna be shit :(

Edited by Retrospect

<---- nudges are shown here, for example, but I will try to explain also

After every five goes (typically) a player is given the opportunity to 'nudge' any of the 3 reels downwards. the player may get 1 to 3 nudges, or more. (he aim is to look for a win by nudging for example an X into the winline)

for some reason or other, the compiled version of my game did not like the nudges part of the program and froze. there were no errors during assembly however. So, i've taken the nudges out and i will work another way around it eventually!

It looks like this game's going to be an ongoing project ;-)

You've become a master at this sort of game :)

haha yeah I enjoy making them ... I'm already thinking of doing a Parsec based jackpot game .... I did have a kind of 'prototype' on the other machine, but all my work was lost in an OS re-install (trojan happened)

If I do the Parsec jackpot, I'm going all out .... I need to make it look good and play good.

haha yeah I enjoy making them ... I'm already thinking of doing a Parsec based jackpot game .... I did have a kind of 'prototype' on the other machine, but all my work was lost in an OS re-install (trojan happened)

If I do the Parsec jackpot, I'm going all out .... I need to make it look good and play good.

Some of your stuff may still be around ?

http://www.atariage....e-texas-jackpot

retrospect0001.png

• Like 1

Texas Jackpot! .... I haven't seen that one in ages ... :)

The only thing I disliked about that one was that it ran rather slowly, it was after all written in XB .... most of my stuff now will be compiled using Wilhelm's just for added speed.

I'm already writing the character graphics for the Parsec Jackpot .... this one will take time (more than 1 week)