IGNORED

Inferno

Arkhan

Good luck with the game and the contest. It seems that not many people have publicly thrown their hat into the ring for the contest. I don't know anything about MSX2 development so that might be a normal thing in that scene ;).

This is the first time this contest is being run, so I am trying to get something good thrown together in time. I have a handful of projects going on so its hard to focus on just one -_-;.

Normally, the MSXDev (MSX1) competition yielded lots of entries. That is a different contest than #msxdev. Confusing!

http://msxdev.msxblue.com/

lots of great games from the past years. I ended up buying some of them once they were on real cartridges!

I hope this one turns out good.

Even if I don't finish it all in time, I intend to enter it and hopefully win some style/music points where I lose them in gameplay for not being done...

lol

and unfortunately, this is an MSX2 game, so the video hardware is abit more advanced than the Coleco. :-/

Though, if this MSX2 game goes well, I will be making an MSX1 game at some point... which will definitely hit the Coleco too.

Edited by Arkhan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arkhan. I've saw your project pictures some weeks ago and even I put a message in karoshi.auic.es about it. ;)

Nice to know that you also are registered in Atariage.

I'm the guy behind Zombie Near, Princess Quest and Mecha Eight. Most recently some MSX2 has gone in these games for 8 sprites in line and fading in/out screens. :-D And Zombie Near and Princess Quest already have got Colecovision ports soon to be published.

• 2 months later...

Hi Arkhan. I've saw your project pictures some weeks ago and even I put a message in karoshi.auic.es about it. ;)

Nice to know that you also are registered in Atariage.

I'm the guy behind Zombie Near, Princess Quest and Mecha Eight. Most recently some MSX2 has gone in these games for 8 sprites in line and fading in/out screens. :-D And Zombie Near and Princess Quest already have got Colecovision ports soon to be published.

:D I was so busy flailing around trying to get Inferno done that I forgot to check back on this thread lol.

I entered the game yesterday for the compo. I only got one level done, but I think it turned out pretty good. I had alot of help from #msxdev since I am new to z80.