IGNORED

Are there any east coast Retro Gaming Expos?

Brian O

WNY I'd throw in. We need more stuff out here. Especially Niagara Falls, this city needs ANYTHING.

The wife and I have given some thought to moving to Niagara Falls, NY... they have a program where they'll forgive some of your student loans if you relocate there. Currently, there's a guy in Syracuse who's interested, one in Niagara Falls (which, for regional purposes we'll count as Buffalo region), and myself from Rochester. I'd be willing to put aside some time to hash through some ideas.

Thanks for that. Digital Press is only 10 mins from me. I know they have gaming events, but it's generally a smaller gathering. I guess I'll take what I can get :)

-B

Jeez Brian...we must be practically neighbors!!!! I try to go to the NAVA meet ups that Digital Press hosts. They occur on the last Saturday of every month! It is a great format...you can bring whatever you want to sell or trade amongst the other gamers. They also have competitions...mostly, we just drink beer and talk about gaming!post-29022-0-46238100-1349486307.jpeg

Jeez Brian...we must be practically neighbors!!!! I try to go to the NAVA meet ups that Digital Press hosts. They occur on the last Saturday of every month! It is a great format...you can bring whatever you want to sell or trade amongst the other gamers. They also have competitions...mostly, we just drink beer and talk about gaming!post-29022-0-46238100-1349486307.jpeg

Small world! Where in NJ are you? Re: the NAVA meet ups, they sound like fun. I may have to go to the next one. If you're there I'll buy you a beer :)

-B

I'm in Jersey as well. We currently live in Raritan, but are moving over to Franklin Township when our new house is done in a few weeks.

Where are the Digital Press events?

-Bill

Digital Press is in Clifton:

Digital Press Videogames

387 Piaget Avenue

Clifton, NJ 07011

-B

Shameless plug - My group (The Florida Arcade and Pinball Collectors) runs a classic gaming show in the summer in Orlando FL called GameWarp. We just held our 2nd event a few months ago and have booked the same venue for GameWarp 3 next July. Had about 900 people at the last show so it's growing.

The main focus in classic arcade and pinball machines. We have about 100-140 or so full sized stand ups / pins on the floor ready to play. Lots of rare stuff.. unreleased games, fully restored ataris.. you name it.

The 3rd arm of the show is classic consoles which hasn't been huge as of yet but i'm trying to change that. We have a half dozen consoles setup each year (Vectrex, 2600, random other rare stuff.. Laseractive, etc). Todd Rogers is local and usually comes and chats and will play anyone at various games if you ask (try to beat him on dragster, lol!). I really want to get the classic console side more pronounced as the show continues precisely because there isn't much in the south east in terms of decently large classic console shows (at least that i'm aware of). I'd love to eventually have the console side resemble a mini-CGE.

If anyone is local to central florida and would like to help out on the classic game side shoot me a pm. For example I'd love to run a classic gaming tournament but I need help as there's too much to during the show for me to run one responsibly. Or if you have other ideas we're very open to suggestions (as long as you're willing to help!).

Website is http://www.gamewarp.org but not much on it yet as we are resetting for next year.