IGNORED

WWE Title Match

KevinMos3

This is a rather pointless hack. I love the WWE, so I thought I'd add the logo into Title Match.

Since the WWE logo is now in the ring, the characters needed recognizable names. I chose wrestlers that somewhat resemble the sprites already in the game and made some edits:

John Cena - Just because (but he needs shorts instead of trunks; however, the sprite is shared between him and Sheamus)

Triple H - He's one of the few with long hair and I wanted to keep a wrestler with long hair

Kane - He's been around forever, wears a mask, and matches the colors for Big Chief

Sheamus - Current Heavyweight Champion, a very entertaining wrestler, and very pasty white

The green steps are now gray (these colors are also used for the strength bars). I really should change the colors of the wrestlers, but since the hack was done just goofing off, I probably won't. Actually, I swapped "Big Chief" - Triple H and "Mad Dog" - Kane so their colors would be appropriate for each other.

post-9364-0-05821500-1349450188_thumb.png post-9364-0-63946700-1349450150_thumb.png

WWE Title Match.a78

WWE Title Match.bin

Update:

Made minor change to colors of wrestlers, except for Kane because his were already appropriate. May or may not look right with MESS palette and default Prosystem palette.

post-9364-0-63757800-1349855148_thumb.png

WWE Title Match (alt colors).a78

WWE Title Match (alt colors).bin

Edited by KevinMos3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This is awesome, kevin your work blows me away, But in my opinion you should of gone with the original wwe logo as that obviously would of been in when this game was made and its just way cooler....Maybe wcw even, Excellent work though

...you should of gone with the original wwe logo as that obviously would of been in when this game was made and its just way cooler....Maybe wcw even

It was just a quick fun hack to modernize it, so it needed the current logo to go with current wrestlers. If I change it up in the future and go with 80s era wrestlers, then I will definitely go with the 80s era logo. A WCW hack would be cool, but I've never been a WCW fan, so I'll leave that to you guys to work on. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great under MESS 0.149. Here are a couple of captures with just the graphics hacked:

Wrestler select screen...

post-18-0-90211600-1373216885_thumb.png

Triple H about to give Kane the Pedigree...

(Cena and Sheamus are on the outside)

post-18-0-36243700-1373216892_thumb.png

Here are a couple of captures with the graphics hacked and the alternate colors (Great color choices, Kevin!):

Wrestler select screen...

post-18-0-38010800-1373216982_thumb.png

Sheamus delivering Kane the Brogue Kick:

(Cena and Triple H are on the outside)

post-18-0-31368700-1373216989_thumb.png

Poor Kane took a beating in these shots. Underappreciated as usual...lol.

Thanks for the pics and commentary! I got a good laugh out of the ring-side coverage.

edit: I was watching a recording of last Friday night's Smackdown! as I read that and responded. :)

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...