IGNORED

5200 Tempest

Allan

Thanks. Ordered mine ;)

Thank Odin, ordered mine as well (and a t-shirt!). What a stressful few minutes, though, haahaha. Between my work's beat down internet connection and me not remembering my store password (even reset it, that was also stressful, wouldn't let me through, had to do it like I was a new customer) I was worried that I would miss out on purchasing my favorite vector game of all time. Thank you Albert, Keithen and everybody else connected with getting this game to the 5200! Jeez, and only 2 days before the Super Bowl, this is too much anxiety!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Regarding roms and requests for rom copies for sale from the programmers...

I have to say this. There are lots of new (great) games for the Colecovision, Intellivision, and the Ataris and yet you can't find roms for them out on the web, unless they were officially released that way. I think that says a lot about the group of people here at Atariage and other retro gaming sites. We appreciate the hard work of these programmers and those who do the artwork, manuals, boxes, etc... We don't go breaking their trust or tossing roms around for games that have recently been released. Had this happened, I think the current authors, or programmers would probably not have the motivation to work so hard on these great games. Personally, I always thought that these games would eventually make their ways into the various rom sets like the GoodRoms or TOSEC collections and then the SH%^ would hit the fan. Opcode released some of the earliest CV games and I thought back then you'd find them in a few months as roms on the net. Well, here we are many years later and the only one I found was Space Invaders Collection which I believe was released for free to the public at one point. I'm glad it hasn't happened and hope it never does. I rather purchase these great games for my old systems than spend $60 for some state of the art game for the current generation of video game consoles. The classic systems and games are STILL much more fun than most of the current crap that is released by big budget companies today.

Well, thats just my rambling on there. I'm off to purchase Tempest for the 5200. Then I gotta get my 5200 A/V modded and purchase 2 refurbished controllers from Best Electronics. Then I'll be glued to the 5200 trying to get good at a game I never was very good at. :)

Edited by Draugr
  • Like 2

Regarding roms and requests for rom copies for sale from the programmers...

I have to say this. There are lots of new (great) games for the Colecovision, Intellivision, and the Ataris and yet you can't find roms for them out on the web, unless they were officially released that way. I think that says a lot about the group of people here at Atariage and other retro gaming sites. We appreciate the hard work of these programmers and those who do the artwork, manuals, boxes, etc... We don't go breaking their trust or tossing roms around for games that have recently been released. Had this happened, I think the current authors, or programmers would probably not have the motivation to work so hard on these great games. Personally, I always thought that these games would eventually make their ways into the various rom sets like the GoodRoms or TOSEC collections and then the SH%^ would hit the fan. Opcode released some of the earliest CV games and I thought back then you'd find them in a few months as roms on the net. Well, here we are many years later and the only one I found was Space Invaders Collection which I believe was released for free to the public at one point. I'm glad it hasn't happened and hope it never does. I rather purchase these great games for my old systems than spend $60 for some state of the art game for the current generation of video game consoles. The classic systems and games are STILL much more fun than most of the current crap that is released by big budget companies today.

Well, thats just my rambling on there. I'm off to purchase Tempest for the 5200. Then I gotta get my 5200 A/V modded and purchase 2 refurbished controllers from Best Electronics. Then I'll be glued to the 5200 trying to get good at a game I never was very good at. :)

Don't forget the trackball