IGNORED

Possible Activision Proto? Spider Fighter 2600.

Schiggidyd

Hey guys! Long time reader.

I'm not a huge Atari guy, so I need some help identifying this Spider Fighter cart. I knew the moment I saw it that it was not normal, I found it odd.

Can anyone tell me if it could be a proto? It is an authentic Activision case, however, the label is completely blank, but still the orange color they used. It has a sticker on the end, which has its product number and title. I would like to open it up and see the chip inside, but I can't figure out how to open it!

1006122248.jpg

Any help opening it? Identifying it? Thank you!

Wow really? That's exciting! I pulled it out of a box, and the guy was reluctant to sell it without the system. I gave him 5 dollars because I had a hunch! Thanks so much!

By the way, it works too.

Most likely a final version proto. Does it play the same as the reg spider fighter? Tempest is probably, the one here who can answer any questions about it.

I believe it does play the same, I've read that most proto's are like that. Sometimes the differences are simply in the programming, not the visuals or gameplay. I was close to throwing it away a few weeks ago, because I made the same topic on Digital Press, where I'm more active, and didn't get a single response. Thank you for talking to me about it Stargunner!

• 1 month later...