IGNORED

Can anybody tell me what the Jag rental case is worth?

Haymaker

Hey everyone,

Its my first here so I just want to say hi and give you all a quick intro. I'm an avid classic gaming collector/player and I've been a fan of the site for many years, but never took the time to join the forums. I was a repair tech at a local used game store for a for years (still do it on the side) and during my time there as you can imagine I would come across some pretty cool stuff.

One day some people came in who used to own a video store wanting to trade in some of their old stuff and a rental unit jag with the embossed case was one of the items. They didn't like the offer the store made so I contacted them later on and made a better offer :) Long story short this rental jag with case is now one of the gems of my collection.

I know these cases are pretty sought after but they come up for sale so rarely that I really don't know what its worth. I'm not nescisarily trying to sell it at the moment (I'd rather make some sort of trade if anything) but I'm just curious to what I could get out of it.

The case itself is in very good shape, theres no real damage or dings to it anywhere, both latches are fully working and no rips or anything in them. The foam inside is in very good shape as well with no big chunks missing or anything like that. It does have the name of the video store written in small letters in paint pen or something on one of the corners of the case however, but its not a huge eye sore or anything like that. It is the embossed version with the jaguar logo and everything and it sure does look sweet!

Inside there is a nice shape jaguar, 2 controllers, RF unit, and power supply. Everything works but the RF unit. Plugged in a nintendo RF and she worked awesome!

Like I said I'm just curious to what I could get for the thing if I ever decided to sell it so I came to the experts! I really love this thing, and it looks great sitting next to my JAG CD w/ box ;) but with all that said, even though I love the thing, I am more into NES/SNES collecting so if the right trade came along I'd probably think about trading up, it would have to be a pretty epic trade however and this is probably one of my top 3 pieces in my collection, orrrr if for some reason I was ever desperate for cash it'd be nice to know what a collector would pay for it.

There are two different rental cases, only one has the embossed Jaguar logo. That one typicall sells around 150 the other one typically goes for 75-100 in good condition. They are both identical on the inside.

Thanks for the response! I'm aware there are 2 different versions, and I know the one I have is the more sought after one, after all who wouldn't rather have a bad ass logo on their jaguar case? Honestly I was hoping it was worth a bit more, but since I'm not trying to get rid of it I can't say I'm too disapointed because its still uber sweet!

325522_1579650227054_1440478639_o.jpg

Its missing the hologram sticker above the logo. You can get them fairly cheap on ebay from Myatari. other than that it looks to be in great condition.

I've had 4 over the past 3 years 2 of them i sold on ebay one sold for 132 and the other 190 but it included the original rental system with the case.

• 3 years later...

Is this the second, least worth rental box??

http://www.tradera.com/item/301704/245543404/atari-jaguar

At this moment the bid is at ~ 70 USD

LOLOL!! That is definitely "Third Party"...

Would like to track down a legit Jaguar storage case one day, but as with anything Jaguar, finding one in nice shape for a reasonable price is no easy task.

Thanks for the response! I'm aware there are 2 different versions, and I know the one I have is the more sought after one, after all who I'm wouldn't rather have a bad ass logo on their jaguar case? Honestly I was hoping it was worth a bit more, but since I'm not trying to get rid of it I can't say I'm too disapointed because its still uber sweet!

325522_1579650227054_1440478639_o.jpg

Dang! I would like that case! Look at the size of it, you could pack your clothes in there too..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...