IGNORED

ti-workshop Wiesbaden Supermodul 2.2

Astharot

Hello everyone.. i had this strange cartdrige named Supermodul 2.2 with 3 miniature switch.. you know this cartdrige? How work alias.. what is it? And is possible found a manual/instruction?

Thanks at all.

Regards

Ermanno

Norm Sellers in the Philly Users Group had a special TI Workshop cartridge with some extras in it, but it had no switches, how about a picture?

Gazoo

I have both versions of the Wiesbaden Modul. It can be used to load cartridges like a GRAM Kracker (and actually uses the same cartridge format in the version you have) and run them. One of the switches moves between the cartridge and the loader, one write protects the ROM space, and I thnk the other one does the same for the GROM space. I think I have the manual around here somewhere. I'll try and dig it up (it may take a while, as I have a lot of stuff in my computer room--too much to easily sort through).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Is there someone who can try to rebuild it? Someone like Matthew or Tursi or Jon Guidry? I think this module have to be rebuilded because it can start module images like Gram Kracker.

Is there module image of Supermodul 2? Or copy of all software from module?

Edited by Manic1975

Making a new run of these would require the permission of Sven Dyroff, as he holds the copyright to the software and to the board design. The other individual who had significant input into this module, Horst Wiese, died a few years ago and his family got rid of all of his TI equipment (reportedly to a dump, which was a major loss to the community, as several items he had in his collection were unbelievably rare). I'm still in contact with Sven, so getting permission would be possible, and I'm good at doing board layouts. That said, it will not fit into my queue until after any remaining issues with the 512K board have been ironed out.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this informations!! I'am very intersted in this kind of module. I have large library of TI module images, but no way to load them in my TI 99/4a. This Module would solve this problem.

Guys one more question. Do you know Ti 99/4a users from Ex Yugoslavia ( now Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Hecegovina)? I would like to make contact with these users.

I personally have never heard from any users in the countries that you mention, or the USSR or the former USSR countries. I was not aware that the 4A was available for purchase in those countries! I thought the Soviet regime had certain import restrictions in place in order to protect it's own computer producers?

I'm aware of an American contingent of Forth users that went to Russia in the early 80's to discuss Forth with their Russian friends, and they were very surprised to find Forth systems running on *copied* PDP-11s, VAXs and DG Nova's!

My Parents buy TI 99/4a in Austria. There was no TI 99/4a avaible in Ex Yugoslavia. In Yugoslav computer magazins was very little written about TI 99/4a. There was some number of TI users in Ex Yu but I don't know how many. Yugoslavia was in Europe. Italy has Yugoslavia on border. Russia wasn't in direct contact with Yugoslavia. ;)

Did yu know thet Ex Yu has 2 home computer manufactured in Yugoslavia. One home compter was manufactured in Varazdin, town I live in.

That computer is produced in my town. I have all specifications for this computer.

Edited by Manic1975

Hey Mark, I seem to remember that there was a small group of TI users in either Moscow or Kiev back in the day--and they had something like half a dozen users. There was also a small group in Beijing. I saw mention of the Soviet group in one of the German TI magazines, IIRC, and I think the Beijing group (it was at one of their universities) was mentioned in either Vulcan's Computer Monthly or in Computer Shopper.

• 9 years later...

I've actually finished most of the layout for it, working on and off between other projects. It is about 95% done now, so I really need to finish it. It took a bit longer than a straight-up copy would as I tried to incorporate all of the optional changes into the board and reduced the number of flying wires.

• Like 3