IGNORED

Christmas Carol Goes On Sale! (FINALLY!)

DZ-Jay

What do you mean? Do I have to ask Carol to put you in Santa's "nice" list this year? ;)

I just figured Cmart, Rev or Voltron would've joined me in my OCD, lol.

Seems like I went a little overboard.

Oh well, if nothing else it goes to support the efforts of our talented homebrew authors.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is the history of Space Patrol?

Was it completed to be released but wasn't release for some rason?

Is it completed now or is an "as is" version? If the second, does it lack too much or is is in a final development stage?

It was released back in 2006 or so, I'm not sure. Back then, it was a limited run. So it's only been available at exorbitant prices in e-Bay. This is a re-release of the same game, in the old box style, but with new overlays and the new cart.

I believe the first release was in re-used Mattel carts.

• Like 1

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what is the history of Space Patrol?

Was it completed to be released but wasn't release for some rason?

Is it completed now or is an "as is" version? If the second, does it lack too much or is is in a final development stage?

Space Patrol is a Homebrew game programmed and released by Joe Z from Left Turn Only (LTO)

It was released in 2008, and all copies sold out very quickly.

It is considered one of the best games for the system, ever.

It has been rereleased and a lot of people who never had the chance to buy a copy, now are getting the chance.

• Like 1

I just figured Cmart, Rev or Voltron would've joined me in my OCD, lol.

Seems like I went a little overboard.

Oh well, if nothing else it goes to support the efforts of our talented homebrew authors.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have much "buyer's remorse." I really appreciate your support, and I really hope the multiple copies serve you well. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Space Patrol is a Homebrew game programmed and released by Joe Z from Left Turn Only (LTO)

It was released in 2008, and all copies sold out very quickly.

It is considered one of the best games for the system, ever.

It has been rereleased and a lot of people who never had the chance to buy a copy, now are getting the chance.

By the way, it is one of the best Intellivision games ever made. It kind of takes the console to its limits with lots of graphics and action. :)

-dZ.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. I hope you don't have much "buyer's remorse." I really appreciate your support, and I really hope the multiple copies serve you well. :)

-dZ.

Oh hells no, nothing like that, I just feel like a hoarder is all.

Obviously I can't play them all, I'm more than happy to support yourself, Joe, William, Carl, David and anyone else willing to bring their talents to my favorite system.

Edited by ghsqb

Oh hells no, nothing like that, I just feel like a hoarder is all.

Obviously I can't play them all, I'm more than happy to support, yourself, Joe, William, Carl, David and anyone else willing to bring their talents to my favorite system.

:)

Well, I'll make sure that Carol puts some candy on your stocking this Christmas!

Thank for the answers!

I have two great news.

One, I'm buying Space Patrol!

Two, Yes I'm in a BAD financial month. Maybe the worst since I started to earn my own money. BUT.....

Yesterday I got a nice and unexpected promotion in my job!!!

Congratulations!!

I guess that means you can get Christmas Carol too (hint! hint!). :D

Seriously, congrats! :)

Edited by DZ-Jay

Does anyone have a good description of the older type overlays for Space Patrol? I'm sure the new ones are superior, but are the old ones similar to the original Mattel ones, the cheap paper ones (World Cup Soccer, Motocross, etc), or other? Did they not hold up well? I'm thinking about buying a set for my overlay collection, so they won't get much wear. Just wanted to get an opinion on quality. Thanks!