IGNORED

Christmas Carol For Intellivision® Goes On Sale!

DZ-Jay

Christmas Carol

vs.

The Ghost Of Christmas Presents

Following some false starts and many delays, I am very proud and happy to announce that the game Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost Of Christmas Presents is finally available for sale to the general public.

Christmas Carol is a wholly new and original game concept for the Intellivision® Master Component, designed and programmed by James Pujals (a.k.a "DZ") and professionally produced by Left Turn Only Productions.

post-27318-0-39645900-1349697881.pngpost-27318-0-50598500-1349697890_thumb.pngpost-27318-0-59811500-1349697897_thumb.png

As
Carol Greenleaf
, one of Santa's most trusted elves, you must explore the dark and frozen
Ice-Cube Caverns
to retrieve all the presents before the
Evil Snowman
returns.

Packed with whimsical charm and exciting arcade action,
Christmas Carol
offers fun for kids and adults alike, and is destined to become an instant classic!

The game comes complete with instruction booklet printed on high-quality glossy paper, and hand-controller overlays, all packaged in a glorious "gate-fold" style box. For more information on the game, or to place and order, please visit the official Christmas Carol web site at:

The game is sold directly by Left Turn Only, LLC. Make sure to visit their site for information on additional game titles and other products available for sale. Also, visit the official game site often to stay abreast of the latest development in the world of Christmas Carol.

"Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents" the game, title, characters, and all other related material are wholly owned by James Pujals, a.k.a. "DZ-Jay".

The game cartridge is produced and distributed by Left Turn Only, LLC.

INTELLIVISION® is a trademark of Intellivision Productions, Inc. - Neither James Pujals nor LTO are affiliated in any way with Intellivision Productions, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

And yet you can see where a Halloween version would sell like hot cakes too. Just sayin. :)

Oh sure, you just want another variant, Mr. OCD collector.

NO! I'm breaking your cycle of destruction! It's for your own good. :P

Oh sure, you just want another variant, Mr. OCD collector.

NO! I'm breaking your cycle of destruction! It's for your own good. :P

ENABLE ME!!!!!!!!!! :-D That would be a cool variant though wouldn't it? All joking aside, would it be hard to overhaul the Christmas theme graphics and make it a Halloween game? Or, I guess as a follow up question, might there be a Carol 2??? :-o

All joking aside, would it be hard to overhaul the Christmas theme graphics and make it a Halloween game?

Actually, not hard at all. Considering that the original Christmas theme was bolted onto a Pac-Man clone in roughly two weeks, it is very easy to switch to yet another theme.

However... (there's always something, no?) I am refraining from giving any appearance of attempting to milk my first game by continuously releasing changes. It's easy to get stuck down that path once you get a good thing going.

Besides, I rather work on the new stuff. :)

Or, I guess as a follow up question, might there be a Carol 2??? :-o

I'm not telling. :P

There will certainly be more original games from me in the future. On that you can count! :)

dZ.

Actually, not hard at all. Considering that the original Christmas theme was bolted onto a Pac-Man clone in roughly two weeks, it is very easy to switch to yet another theme.

However... (there's always something, no?) I am refraining from giving any appearance of attempting to milk my first game by continuously releasing changes. It's easy to get stuck down that path once you get a good thing going.

Besides, I rather work on the new stuff. :)

I'm not telling. :P

There will certainly be more original games from me in the future. On that you can count! :)

dZ.

Ah man DZ, you need me as your business manager! You won't be "milking" your first game, you will be meeting the needs of the INTV community while "paying homage" to your earlier release. As another option, you could just go ahead and make up a 1 of 1 custom release of Halloween Carol just for me as a thanks for encouraging you. :-D Seriously, I think this is a good idea. :P

Finally opened and played mine a bit tonight too. Thought something was wrong with my cart at first though. Upon turning on the power, you're greeted with a black or a green screen. Cleaned the edge connector and douched the cartridge slot and no change. Hit the reset button and voila! Shortly after that, I bothered to look at the manual and sure enough... There is a single sentence about hitting the reset button to play. lol

Why is that btw? Was thinking I had stumbled on a 'buffer overflow' trick and was trying to see if there were any hidden games or levels.... just kidding.

Cute game! That damned lumbering snowman though that thinks he's Evil Otto... :mad:

Ah man DZ, you need me as your business manager! You won't be "milking" your first game, you will be meeting the needs of the INTV community while "paying homage" to your earlier release. As another option, you could just go ahead and make up a 1 of 1 custom release of Halloween Carol just for me as a thanks for encouraging you. :-D Seriously, I think this is a good idea. :P

Seriously, I'm cutting you off! Cmart, you need help! :0

LOL!

(I agree, it would be a very cool thing. But I have even better things planned--for the future. That's it. Not saying any more.)

Finally opened and played mine a bit tonight too. Thought something was wrong with my cart at first though. Upon turning on the power, you're greeted with a black or a green screen. Cleaned the edge connector and douched the cartridge slot and no change. Hit the reset button and voila! Shortly after that, I bothered to look at the manual and sure enough... There is a single sentence about hitting the reset button to play. lol

Why is that btw? Was thinking I had stumbled on a 'buffer overflow' trick and was trying to see if there were any hidden games or levels.... just kidding.

That's not "normal" for the game. However, that happens with a lot of cartridges. The Intellivision cartridge socket is sort of wonky. Does it happen with any of your other games? If it happens consistently with Christmas Carol, there may be something wrong. Contact us directly if you are concerned.

By the way, the message about hitting reset in the manual is used in the old Mattel manuals as well. I guess it's always done that.

Cute game! That damned lumbering snowman though that thinks he's Evil Otto... :mad:

Thanks! As originally designed, that was sort of the inspiration: if you take too long to finish the level, the Evil Snowman comes to get you. Then it just became a standard character of the level. :)

I hope you enjoyed it!

-dZ.

Bump for a great game! Just received mine recently and played ... darn ghost keeps running into me and taking my presents! A great, original game that really showcases the Intellivision. Highly recommended, professionally done!!!

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Let me know how far you get, and what you think of the cut-scenes. :)

-dZ.