IGNORED

The Missing Link 2.0 added to Development resources thread

retroclouds

I was contacted by Harry Wilhelm (@senior_falcon on this forum) and he requested me to add his latest revision of The Missing Link to the development resources thread.

I've attached a zipped folder containing "The Missing Link 2.0" and its documentation. This was published by Texaments in 1990.

It gives the XB programmer easy access to the bit mapped features of the 9918 VDP. Full color cartesian graphics, turtle graphics, sprite graphics (32 sprites with auto motion) are supported.

Text can be displayed on screen with fonts having sizes ranging from 4x6 pixels to 8x8 pixels. The manual is updated with many previously undocumented features.

A tutorial called "Potatohead" is included. There is a loader that embeds A/L programs in high memory - they can be saved as an XB program and run directly out of high memory.

Check it out in the Development resources thread or download it here.

Excellent work! Thank you @senior_falcon and welcome to our Atariage TI-99/4A programming group! ;-)

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 2

I've updated the zip archive with a new version that @senior_falcon sent me.

I realized that some people would find it more convenient if the disks in the package were in a disk image instead of archived, so the

attached folder contains them in both archived format and in TIDisk format.

I think this works with one of the other emulators if you change the file name extension.

Enjoy :)

Edited by retroclouds