IGNORED

Interference When Joystick is Plugged in?

PFL

I just got a light sixer this morning. It has a problem though. When I switch it on with no joystick plugged in the picture is crystal clear. However, when a joystick is plugged in there is interference on the screen (kind of like when a hair dryer is on).

Of course, I've switched the system off when plugging or unplugging the joystick. I've also tried different sticks, a different PSU and a different coax lead.

It's a PAL CX2600 U and I'm in the UK so it's not a channel switch issue.

Any ideas? :)

I would say it's probably the 7805 or the chicklet capacitors They both are cheap, and pretty easy to replace if you're handy with a soldering iron. The caps are little green things that look like chicklets, and I think they are .22uf 100v. The 7805 is right next to the power connector. It a black square with three legs.

Cool. Thanks guys.

Just one more question though. What's most likely to be at fault here? The caps look a little awkward to get into so I'm kind of hoping that just replacing the 7805 will rectify (see what I did there?) the problem. Of course, I'd do the caps too if I have too but I'd rather try one thing at a time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've replaced the 7805 and all seems to be well now. I'm very happy as now I have my woody in the living room and my jr in the bedroom. VCS heaven!

Thanks guys for your help. :)