IGNORED

Forth cartoon

JonnyBritish

• 1 year later...

I thought the forthies in the group would appreciate this

http://xkcd.com/645/

made me laugh anyway :-)

was this a math joke? does forth do anything? i see all kinds of braniac programming messages but never any about completed games, utilities or anything i could use. the e/a cart loads games and utilities, so does xb, what does forth do?

Linux is bass akwards sometimes. Somehow the Linux version of some Id software was available at Electronics Boutique (Doom? Quake? I forget). Somehow the installer would tear stuff up and not install properly if you ran the script in super user mode. This is the exact opposite from Windows where a normal user account has extreme issues installing anything.

UPDATE: Not saying Windows is better. Just that the cartoon reminded me of this situation :)

• 3 years later...

was this a math joke? does forth do anything? i see all kinds of braniac programming messages but never any about completed games, utilities or anything i could use. the e/a cart loads games and utilities, so does xb, what does forth do?

You have a point TI-Sissy. Forth seems to make people kind of strange.

It takes a bit of time to get your head around it and once you do, you think that it's fun to play with computer language rather than do something useful.

I have noticed that tendency in myself and others.

Good on you for calling it out.

I will give some thought to creating something useful for the TI-99 community, but I have to confess the level of talent assembled (no pun intended) here is pretty high.

As a challenge can you think of anything besides a game (not my area) that you would really want to have for your system?

theBF

@Willsy wrote (ported & improved) a very nice game for TurboForth called DarkStar. Here is my fbForth 2.0 version of DarkStar.

I plan to write a LOGO interpreter with fbForth 2.0 ere long. Before I do that, however, I need to work out how to handle the turtle for LOGO’s turtle graphics. But first, I must finish updating the fbForth 2.0 Manual.

...lee

• Like 3