IGNORED

NES DK - Pie Factory

StephenJ

I'm a new owner of a PowerPak for the NES and I've been trying to find a download for the ROM of Donkey Kong that has the previously missing Pie Factory screen. I've read forum-threads about it on the web and even found a ROM to download. But the file was corrupted...rats.

I sure could use some help finding a good download.

Thanks,

StephenJ

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to PM you the ROM, but someone already linked to it publicly.

RetroUSB also sells a repro cartridge using all-new boards:

http://www.retrousb....products_id=103

If you are a Duck Hunt fan, I also recommend VS Duck Hunt as well: it has arcade dip-switches built into the cart, and you can actually shoot the dog in this version!

http://www.retrousb....&products_id=96

Two of my favorite NES repros!

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Isn't that just an urban legend? :grin:

No, it's not an urban ledgend. The arcade rom was different from the NES rom. In the arcade version, you play a round of Duck Hunt, then a round of Clay Shooting, then a bonus stage. During the bonus stage, you get infinite ammo, and you fire repeatedly at the Ducks. Occasionaly, the Dog, will jump into the crossfire, and if you shoot him, then the bonus round will end prematurely and the dog walks across the screen on crutches. It's hilareous! Also in some rounds, you have to shoot 3 ducks instead of two! The VS Arcade games were really just modified NES/Famicom hardware, so the rom has had modifications done to it so that it works properly as an NES cart, dipswitches and all. If you consider yourself a pro at Duck Hunt, or you thought the NES game was too easy, I highly recommend it...

Edited by stardust4ever