IGNORED

Ridiculous Reality

matosimi

Weighing things up, it's not really that critical. You probably use the block move as often as jumping, plus you sometimes need to move blocks when in the middle of a fall, so that instant response is needed.

Just goes to show the weakness of single button joystick - in most games where up is a jump it becomes really annoying but not so bad in this one.

You probably use the block move as often as jumping, plus you sometimes need to move blocks when in the middle of a fall, so that instant response is needed.

I think the same is valid for the smart-bombs in 'Dropzone' too. Space-bar would be an option (beside a more sophisticated/crude mechanism like e.g. 'Stick-Down-Button' enters overview, 'Button' leaves it (or so... ;-) )).

Just goes to show the weakness of single button joystick -

Fully agreed. I'm working on it. ;-)

Edited by Irgendwer

Really enjoying the game on emulation and can't wait for an NTSC version. I'm puzzled as to why it won't run on my 1200xl with PAL ANTIC..

The 'up to jump' can easily be remedied in emulation by remapping the joystick if you prefer.. And nearly as easily with a real joystick by rewiring it. ;-)

And I'd like to add my vote for the ability to turn off the music, not just in this game, but in general. Call me old school, but 99% of the time, I prefer just sound effects.

• Like 1

I've learnt something this weekend. Don't play rr after drinking.

I've learnt something this weekend. Don't play rr after drinking.

You should have learned something this weekend. Don't post on AA after drinking.

Back to the topic, I can't wait to play this on my soon-to-be delivered XEs.

I think I've changed my mind - a level code is needed. I'm up to the 8 box with mainly green background level and it's taken a long time to get here.

Something where emulators and save states beat the real machine...

Its not often they do but a handy feature..

I really like this game.. and to think I almost passed over this thread. I am a fan of puzzle games and this one is outstanding work on the ATARI. after all these years it still amazes me the things ATARI can be made to. I wish I had the finances to get real hardware again....but emulation will have to do for now.

One suggestion

Having level passwords would be nice for the real hardware peeps.

Other then that I think this is an outstanding effort.

• Like 1

Hi,

after I haved solved the level according to the attached picture (don't know the number of the level, but it took some time to reach it), I expected the next challenge.

But, aaarrghhh! The disk startet and in spite of loading the next level I got the DOS screen...

Happend this to anbody else?

I have the original ABBUC 5.25' Disk transfered into an ATR and loaded it via SIO2USB. Did some save states with the ABBUC-Freezer.

Maybe this configuration caused the problem, or is it a error in the program?

By the way, great job! I like this game very much.

Tigerduck

post-20150-0-82690000-1350507271_thumb.jpg

Just finished - the maze level is the last one.

You get a congratulations tune + scrolling message and a nice pic. I won't post the pic, you'll have to get there yourselves.

Could you give an idea of how long it takes to complete - would like to play more but as on real hardware (and no codes/skip!) want to make sure have long enough session to tackle this one :)