IGNORED

A Question (or Two) of Rarity

nukeshed

3. Body Slam! SP Wrestling - Still haven't played this much, need to do so. INTVDude is a big fan of this.

that's cause he loves the sound of dudes skin slappin' together. :grin: :grin: i haven't quite figured out how to play this one right. only have on emu so no instructions. Edited by pimpmaul69

my rank would be more

like this hardest to easiest

1. Homebrews (like league of light and the first tetris, robot rubble)

2. Spiker

3. tutankham

4. SMB

I can actually prove that certain homebrews are more rare than spiker. :)

Of course that depends on how you look at homebrews. To me they aren't a part of the "officially released" games for the system so I have no strong desire to include them in my collection. On my collecting lists, homebrews are a very low priority and rarity. That being said, I have picked up a few that appeal to me personally (Yogi & Flintstones) when I can get them at release price. I would NEVER pay more than around $75 for any homebrew.

On the variations rarity question, I picked up a Parker Q-bert in a INTV style box with shelf hanger tab. I thought the Parker titles tended to the nice base and lid boxes. Was Q-bert the only one and how common is it?

Cmart to the rescue again (see link below) :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/201647-cmarts-parker-bros-intellivision-variations-thread/page__hl__%2Bparker+%2Bbrothers+%2Bcmart

I only have the 1 piece Q-Bert box (2 copies), but have been looking for the 2 piece. I have no idea of the relative rarities of the variations, but based on limited personal experience the 1 piece is more common. Wild guess though...

• Like 1

Cmart to the rescue again (see link below) :)

http://www.atariage....brothers +cmart

I only have the 1 piece Q-Bert box (2 copies), but have been looking for the 2 piece. I have no idea of the relative rarities of the variations, but based on limited personal experience the 1 piece is more common. Wild guess though...

Thanks for that, I should have done a bit better a search of older threads.

• 4 months later...

Hello, its my first post in on AtariAge and I have to apologize if my English is terrible sometimes, but I hope you'll get what I mean.

My question is about World Cup Soccer and Championchip Tennis, because they are rated as rare in every Guide I found in the internet and also this thread names them as rare games. But, like cmart said already, an italian seller seems to have an huge stock of the games and sells them for 10€ each, or 40€ if you take a box of 6 games. Are they really original games? I wonder why its that cheap compared to the rest of Europe and the USA and especially wonder why no reseller bought the whole stock if that are original copys.

Are these two games still rare, or changes this new-old-stock the situation?

Hello, its my first post in on AtariAge and I have to apologize if my English is terrible sometimes, but I hope you'll get what I mean.

My question is about World Cup Soccer and Championchip Tennis, because they are rated as rare in every Guide I found in the internet and also this thread names them as rare games. But, like cmart said already, an italian seller seems to have an huge stock of the games and sells them for 10€ each, or 40€ if you take a box of 6 games. Are they really original games? I wonder why its that cheap compared to the rest of Europe and the USA and especially wonder why no reseller bought the whole stock if that are original copys.

Are these two games still rare, or changes this new-old-stock the situation?

Welcome to the forums, Ignorama. World Cup Soccer and Championship Tennis were produced in France by a company called Nice Ideas. Both were released by a company called Dextell in Europe and released in the US as INTV. Since these came towards the end of the life cycle of the Intellivision they are considered rare. I think the sellers in Italy ended up buying remaining stock there and are reselling them now. There are other users more knowledgeable that might offer more information.

Mojo is bang on, this one seller appears to have bought a ton of clear out stock that he's either been sitting on for a long time, or more likely, someone else was sitting on these unwittingly, and the current seller bought them in the last year or two and has been clearing them out

"Of course that depends on how you look at homebrews. To me they aren't a part of the "officially released" games for the system so I have no strong desire to include them in my collection. On my collecting lists, homebrews are a very low priority and rarity. That being said, I have picked up a few that appeal to me personally (Yogi & Flintstones) when I can get them at release price. I would NEVER pay more than around $75 for any homebrew."

Does that mean that if Intellivision Productions releases new carts of unreleased games, (and I know they are looking into this), that you don't consider them to be 'officially released'?

"Of course that depends on how you look at homebrews. To me they aren't a part of the "officially released" games for the system so I have no strong desire to include them in my collection. On my collecting lists, homebrews are a very low priority and rarity. That being said, I have picked up a few that appeal to me personally (Yogi & Flintstones) when I can get them at release price. I would NEVER pay more than around $75 for any homebrew."

Does that mean that if Intellivision Productions releases new carts of unreleased games, (and I know they are looking into this), that you don't consider them to be 'officially released'?

I guess those wouldn't be considered "home-brews," no? They would be the officially released games from Intellivision Productions.

I think people call some of IntelligentVision's releases "home-brews" as a euphemism, which is why then some won't consider them "official."

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Are there any known problems with fake Intellivision-games? I am a bit afraid of very good shaped ultra rare titles like Turbo and Super Cobra.

Nope. You're good to go purchasing as you see them. You may want to ask around here first instead of just eBay as many of us will have spares to unload, possibly at prices better than eBay.

Thank you. I have just 60/125 CiB and to tell the truth, the most games are the common ones as Intellivision, Inc Release from Venezuela. I mostly look for Fathom and Dracula CiB right now, because I want to complete my Imagic-Series as soon as possible (I also need Safecracker and Nova Blast, but for that titles I made an offer to Games for your Intellivision).

Whats a fair price for Dracula and Fathom CiB in a nice (not mint) shape? I guess Fathom is really expensive right now. And I hope this is the right place for asking if someone is offering the titles, if not I apologize.

Are League Of Light and Robot Rubble home-brews? I thought they were old unreleased games that were put CiB later...

I also find it weird that unreleased games are called home-brews if they eventually get a release in physical form. I guess that a more accurate term should be reproduction or repro.

At least, this is the term used for this type of games in the NES, SNES, Megadrive collecting circles. E.g. Starfox 2 for the SNES is more a repro than a home-brew.

It will be interesting to know which are the "real" home-brews for the Intellivision: CvG, D2K, DKArcade, Space Patrol, 4tris...

Edited by Oscar G.