IGNORED

Large lot of classic computing traded in today, need help with info :)

Hello everyone, I had an interesting trade in today and frankly I have no idea what this stuff is worth or if any of it is truly complete or collectible. Ebay is amazingly scarce on a lot of this stuff and so I turn to the experts here to help me out and tell me what I have. I don't normally take trades like this since I am dumb about classic computing and have no business with these items which I openly admit, but it was just so much stuff and a lot of it was in awesome condition on the inside. The boxes were mostly beat to crap, but a lot of these machines were still in the plastic on the inside. It also came with a bunch of accessories that I had no idea about. The only thing this lot came with that I understood was 4 sealed atari 2600 games and that was the clincher in taking this stuff since I knew those were worth something. I just hope that I have some cool things here that can help flesh out some people's classic computing needs.

I have attached pics of everything and i'm hoping you kind people can help me out and tell me what I have and possibly how rare it is if at all and if it's worth anything. I would be more than happy to work out a deal through here with someone if any of you are interested in anything in the pics. I don't post much here, but I am a known retro seller on the internet with a retro store in Portland Oregon and come recommended from rick weis and had a booth at the retro expo in portland. I just know that resellers don't usually have the best reception on these forums for good reason, but I hope you all can give me some help. I truly appreciate any feedback on this stuff. Maybe I can get a few more deals under my belt here as well.

If there are any questions or more pics are needed let me know. I tried to take as many informative pics as I could so that there would be little guesswork, but am more than happy to take more if needed. Thanks everyone.

Some vic-20 accessories and TRS-80 items

001bfm.jpg

002neg.jpg

003oqa.jpg

004uxr.jpg

005oeb.jpg

006qpm.jpg

Here are the computers themselves in some box shots

007nac.jpg

008pg.jpg

009vsj.jpg

No Box

010jnz.jpg

011iwi.jpg

012vly.jpg

013ako.jpg

Now for the open box shots where you can see the amazing quality of the items on the inside. We're talking either never used or very lightly used.

014feq.jpg

015hu.jpg

016ozt.jpg

017gie.jpg

The only machine that isn't in the original plastic

019alb.jpg

020cg.jpg

021vzc.jpg

022qz.jpg

024mh.jpg

Is that Coco 2 or 3? It looks like a 3, but the manual shown is for a 2.

A bare Coco 2 is not worth very much these days; I'd say less than $20. A 3 is worth rather more.

Did you get the Coco disk drive(s), or just the controller?

The Poltergeist cartridge was a really early release (and one of the few officially licensed titles on the Coco); I don't want to hazard a guess on price. Galactic Attack is a decent Galaxian-clone. Neither are playable without joysticks.

Thanks for the response jhd, how do I tell if it's a 2 or a 3? I looked at the commodore again and I don't see anything that indicates that. It just says plus 4. I comes with all it's cables and everything too.

I just have what is pictured so it seems like no disk drives unless they are in the main system itself and I missed it somehow.

I'll try and pull up the model # and see if I can get more info when I can. Thanks for the info though.

Trevor

Is that Coco 2 or 3? It looks like a 3, but the manual shown is for a 2.

A bare Coco 2 is not worth very much these days; I'd say less than $20. A 3 is worth rather more.

Did you get the Coco disk drive(s), or just the controller?

The Poltergeist cartridge was a really early release (and one of the few officially licensed titles on the Coco); I don't want to hazard a guess on price. Galactic Attack is a decent Galaxian-clone. Neither are playable without joysticks.

The name plaque on the top of the computer would show Color Computer 2 or Color Computer 3. I can see the plaque in the photo, but the image is not quite clear enough. :)

Coco disk drives are both large and external; the controller (which you have) plugs into the cartridge/expansion port and then connects to the drive(s) via a ribbon cable.

That's a Coco 2, pretty sure. Non-melted keyboard so its a 64k unit. The Coco 3's have diagonal red/green/blue stripes on the name plate where the Coco 2's had little red/green/blue squares like the one in the picture. Even without the drive, the controller itself is still a desirable piece.

Here's some footage of Poltergeist (not mine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9KfL1_sdk

Edited by AtariLeaf

I think every Plus/4 I've seen was boxed. I'm not sure on production numbers, but Commodore only made them in 1984 and 1985. It was intended to replace the C-64, but it wasn't compatible with it and its sound capabilities weren't as good and it lacked sprites. It was cheap to produce because one chip (the TED) handled audio, video, and I/O, but unfortunately that chip is very failure-prone. So a lot of Plus/4s don't work, and there's no ready supply of parts for them since the TED was only used in the Plus/4 and the C-16.

The best thing to do if you find a working Plus/4 and intend to use it is to put heat sinks on all the major chips to keep it cool.

The Plus/4 failed in the marketplace, and most of the inventory was liquidated through closeout shops. I think the original retail price was $250 or $300, but the closeout shops sold them for more like $79. My grade school had a couple of them, because at the closeout prices they were cheaper than 64s and they had some built-in software. So I spent a fair bit of time with them.

I can't help you out much with value, but if you hook it up and it works, that'll certainly make it more interesting to potential buyers.

And looking at the box, is that a retail price tag on it? That makes the box more interesting.

Definitely a CoCo 2 since the function keys are missing and the arrow keys are in the original layout. The keyboard indicates a later version but it says "Radio Shack" rather than "Tandy" so it's probably not the version with lowercase support. Of coarse someone could have added the newer keyboard to an earlier CoCo 2 but most of those have function keys.

Edited by JamesD

Thanks so much for the responses everyone. I am pretty sure now based on what everyone said that it's a coco 2. Still it's in great condition so if any of you are interested let me know through here or pm me. I already had a few people contact me about pieces, but I have plenty more left so let me know.

If there's no real buying interest then just responding to me is very appreciated and at least I have more information now than I did before.

I replied to your PM Ninja.

Also I don't know if i'm an idiot or something, but I can't find the edit option to edit my original post for this thread.

I have made a few deals and have sold the following:

CoCo 2

Poltergeist

As you can see there is still a lot of the stuff left and as of this posting there is no firm deals in place for anything else so nothing is even pending right now. So once again if anyone is interested and needs shipping quotes, price quotes, or anything like that post here or send me a pm. I work in a first pm first chance capacity so I will get back to you in the order I receive pms.

Thanks so much again everyone for the interest and the sales so far. I MUCH rather sell this stuff here to people who will really enjoy it and know exactly what they are getting.

Trevor