IGNORED

Is it just me, or are Commodore 64's built like crap?

Fletch

if they realy want to sell computers they should make brand new production run of the original c64.s and new Atari's ofcoarse.

Wouldnt it be great with a New Atari 800 Xl With improvmenets like 320k standard, S-video and rgb and hdmi output, and dual pokey's based on the original 800Xl.

Edited by Grevle

I thought it was going pretty well actually - nothing wrong with the odd sly joke so long as the intent of the original thread is respected - and I reckon it was.

for the record I've only ever owned a couple of C64c machines and they've stood the test of time - it's disk drives I keep killing

I certainly did not start the topic in a mean spirited way. It was only a reflection of my poor experience and wondering if my experience was typical.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

No worries, you're fine. There are a few here who get too much sand in their vagina's at times.

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 4

There are quite a few people on the scene who completely rebuild/restore/test and resell C=64 motherboards. Some for a pretty fair price. If you get a C=64 that doesnt work, I'd reccomend googling (or ebaying) a replacement board for it.

And yeah, check the voltage output on any "unknown" PSU before you ever plug it in to a machine.. Caps dry up with age and short out, killing diodes, solid state rectifiers, and regulators in old PSUs.. depending on the crappiness of the design, this can result in unsafe voltage levels at the outputs that can harm your equipment.

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 1