IGNORED

Activision Prototypes Atari 2600

Drao

Hey guys,

So the topic of old consoles came up in conversation with my girlfriend, who told me she had an Atari 2600... I haven't had a chance to look at the games I'm about to describe yet, but I've gotten very little information on the internet so I thought I'd come to this forum as it seemed to be the most comprehensive...

So within her game collection, she said she has 5 cartridges that are all red and say "Activision Prototype" on them, with nothing else - they look like the river raider post minus the handmade label and also a completely blank red labelled cartridge. She said they are all different games but she's not an Atari girl by any stretch so until I get a chance to look at them... I can't find any info on prototypes (I'm from Australia) anywhere, can y'all give me a bit of information on them, and any guesses into what the blank cartridge might be?

Cheers

I too have recently come accross some Activision prototypes. The ones I have are red labeled as wwell but have titles and test numbers on them such as Chopper Command AX-005, and Beam rider VS-003. I have 14 in all and they date back to the early 80's One in particular got my attention. It is The Dreadnaught Factor CZ-005 from 1983. It is made for the 2600 but was only released to my knowledge for the 5200. Also have some typwritten "cheat sheets" or testers comments on the games. Are these things worth anything? Where do I go to find out?

• 3 weeks later...