IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

Dial up is one thing I don't miss about the 90s. I still remember downloading Sin and Punishment off Wii Virtual Console in 2007. About 3 hours of watching Mario run across the screen. In January 2008, we fnally got DSL for the first time after our ISP of over 15 years finally shut down it's dial-up service. All those old serial modems truly deserve to be buried in the bottom of a New Mexico landfill along with the ET carts.

Still using dial-up in 2012? "That's a paddlin'..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgR0m-9FmM

Edited by stardust4ever

Is it even possible to send/receive sums as large as 30 grand with Paypal? I know banks place a hold on the funds anytime you cash a check over 5000, until the check clears.

if u got a good membership with a credit ujnion...no holds would be placed on a ten grand check, but if u receive a check, might be wise to ship the item after the check clears...

and ive got cosmic swarm and room of doom and onev more commavid like new small boxes, didnt know those were rare...lol

Edited by Chris Leach

if u got a good membership with a credit ujnion...no holds would be placed on a ten grand check, but if u receive a check, might be wise to ship the item after the check clears...

and ive got cosmic swarm and room of doom and onev more commavid like new small boxes, didnt know those were rare...lol

I want to see a picture of the third one please, if you have some time. ;)

• Like 1

@y-bot I remember a fun conversation we had with the other Portland guys at CGE about how we would approach selling a hypothetical case of Air Raids. One thing we agreed on was that the price would drop steadily with each repeated auction sale. I personally decided that my favorite approach would be to auction one or two (one on eBay and one on GG?) and then sell the rest at a not insane price (like $6k-$8k or something?). Fixing the market price there might ensure you could sell more over time and avoid being a pariah of the community.

Yes, the "case of Air Raids" thought experiment! That was a fun evening at CGE.

Chuck

Ok so AIR RAID works here is the video we made today.

And we also went back to my fathers storage and pulled out the rest of the spinning Atari display. Here is a video of the display and some of the other rare games that was in in it. This is the display that Air Raid has been living in for 30 years.

• Like 4

:lust: I'm more interested in the display case. I'd love to have that. I'm cool with never affording an Air Raid, but as a store display collector, just wow. Almost wish I didn't know that case existed. Thanks for sharing, now I need to go cry myself to sleep :P it's not worth Air Raid money, but it's still worth more than I've got.

Awww golden dont cry yourself to sleep just yet it will be up for auction soon ;-)

• Like 1

Ahhh...I've had that day dream many times with many different games :)

Not true.

Yes, the ONLY boxed Air Raid was the most valuable atari game found (thats been recorded at least, who knows whats going on behind the scenes)

Just because this one is in better condition doesn't make it automaticaly worth more...as stated, only 2 collectors pushed the game up another 10k or so last time (I believe, anyone remember the exact $$$ number?) but one of them owns it now, and who knows if the other big spender still wants it...will there be some new blood willing to drop 30k this time? We will see....

Of course it automatically makes it worth more. The existence of another drops the value of the first and since it is in better condition it is worth more. If both were for sale then this new one would get more because it is worth more. If the first one was the most valuable CIB VCS game and this new one has dropped it's value lower than it then logically this one is now the most valuable CIB VCS game.

• Like 1

Hey AtariAge ! We will be listing the one the only true "CIB" Air Raid ever found in the next couple days on GameGavel. There will be an added surprise that you will not believe. You will have to see the auction to know what I am talking about. I will post the auction link soon ;-)

• Like 6

Hey AtariAge ! We will be listing the one the only true "CIB" Air Raid ever found in the next couple days on GameGavel. There will be an added surprise that you will not believe. You will have to see the auction to know what I am talking about. I will post the auction link soon ;-)

Why there as opposed to EBay? You'd get more money there.

Not to sound pesimistic but has anyone actually verified this in the flesh?

You know - to check the print and paper stock.

I guess whoever forks out the cash will pick it up and pay on inspection... i know I would before handing over 15-25k

'True CIB' - sounds like the instructions or other paperwork has subsequently been found. It truely is an amazing find - in such mint condition and with documents - you couldn't ask for better of any cartridge, let alone one of the rarest in the world!

• Like 1

"the one and only"... sounds interesting!!!

• Like 1

Yes, if you have access to a flatbed scanner, quality scans (at least 300dpi, preferably PNG or JPG 100%) of the box from all sides, cart label and backing, and any manual documentation you can find, would be a big plus for preservation and archival purposes. The scans currently available are pretty crappy imo. It woun't hurt the value, and there's no guarantee that the buyer will be willing to do this. Judging by it's scarcity, it's a miracle that the game has already been dumped. People would love to DL the manual as a PDF file (if a manual even exists) as this might give some clues about the company's background/origins.

• Like 1

Wow, I am just finding out about this...congrats on the find Air-Raid. :) Actually, what is even more intriguing (at least to me) is that Atari display case....that would be nice to acquire so that I can display my CIB Air Raid. :) Please provide the link for us when the display goes up for auction.

Good luck on the Air Raid auction......... :)

After the first boxed Air Raid auction ended didn't one of the other big spenders show up and say he didn't know about the auction and would have bid if he did? If I am remembering right, then that guy and the guy who Wonder007 beat out might bid this one up just as high or higher than the other one.

Edited by jeremiahjt